The Hills are Alive with the Smell of Yaks [D7, LM]

Re: The Hills are Alive with the Smell of Yaks [D7, LM]

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm

He nodded along with her description, fascinated. "Wouldn't it get terribly noisy at times? The kami are everywhere, after all."

He stopped for a moment, thinking back to something she'd said earlier. "What determines what kami you are more skilled at dealing with? Is it something you are born with, or more how you are trained?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Kakita Nanami on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 pm

"Again, Shinjo-san, it is hard to explain." She watched the sheep as she spoke, "Most times it is like... the sounds of nature and everyday life. They are there, but unless they are called to your attention - or one is especially loud - they do not overwhelm you."

"As for which you are more skilled with..." She pondered for a moment, "It is true that the various centers of training in the Empire provide different perspectives on how to speak with the kami, emphasizing the techniques laid down by their founders long ago. This tends to lead to the shugenja of various schools often favouring one element or another over the others and sometimes having trouble calling another element all together."

There was another pause, "And there are some who seem to be born with a more... intimate connection to a particular element, as I understand it. For me, the crackle of the fire kami speaks louder to me - further emphasized by my training with the Agasha."
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 pm

"It sounds like a very useful gift indeed. A shame that none among my clan have that ability, although from what I understand that's due to the kami not answering prayers as we travelled. Perhaps now that we have returned to the empire, maybe some will be born that carry the gift."

He thought for a moment. "I've often heard that the children of those who can speak to the kami are more likely to be able to. I imagine that you are being heavily sought after at this miai, taking into account both your gift and your beauty."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Kakita Nanami on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 pm

The Crane smiled politely at the comment, though her cheeks reddened slightly, "That is kind of you to say, Shinjo-san. Though there are others far more sought after, I can assure you - such as my cousins from the Doji."

"I do hope the gift returns to your people. Perhaps the call of the kami weakens beyond Rokugan - surely some of your people will begin to hear their voices again now that you have come home."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:29 pm

He waves his hand, dismissing her first comment. "The events have been in their favour, Kakita-san. I'm sure that your time will come." His smile was set to Stun.

"I'm sure it will, given time. We're a resilient clan, and very used to adapting."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Kakita Nanami on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:34 pm

She paused for a moment, considering, "Perhaps some already hear the kami's whispers and do not understand what it is? With so much time away, your people may just not comprehend what is occuring. Perhaps they will need teachers..."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Taichi's eyes lit up. "If you were willing, I'm sure that would be readily welcomed." Who knows, maybe I could talk to the kami... It does feel like I'm hearing a little voice encouraging me from time to time...

He looks a little concerned. "Although... you might want to discuss it discuss it with your sensei first. while the gesture is supremely kind, I would not want you to get into trouble." It had sounded like Politics, and it was best not to mess with that.
Shinjo Taichi

Previous

Return to Animal Pens