First In Line (D6 - LA)

Re: First In Line (D6 - LA)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 pm

"Good to know you didn't feel ill with some Unicorn food. I'll try my best to please you both with a mixed dish... Ide-style." She giggles while controlling herself not to squeeze Asahi in an eternal hug of fluffy joy.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:55 pm

"I rather enjoyed the food your clan provided and I am certain I shall enjoy your own offering as well," he said, smiling as Asahi reached up and licked her face playful.

Feeling more confident with Gekko, Takeo leaned in and scratched the horse behind the ears. He took a moment to pause and let the serenity of the moment settle before speaking again.

"Forgive me for poking a recent wound, Otaku-sama, I wanted to apologize for not finding you yesterday evening to express my gratitude for Otaku Chi-Pu's service to the Empire," he said, his tone apologetic and sympathetic.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Her face saddens a bit, but Asahi keeps licking her cheeks back to serenity. "We appreciate your sentiments, Kitsune-san. She was much dear to us. To me specially."

The girl changes subject. "How have you met Asahi-kun?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 am

He fell slightly inside, fearing he had saddened her. As she changed the topic he was more than willing to go along with her, lest he cause her anymore dismay.

"That is something of a story, I suppose," Takeo said, patting Gekko gently as he looked back at Kitakuhime.

"In the Kitsune Mori, foxes are protected creatures - not just because they are the namesake of our clan, but due to the history of those who took us in when we arrived at it. We were adapting to a new and unfamiliar land and the early years were not necessarily easy ones. Still, we were not without allies - natural guardians of the forest...the kitsune spirits were kind to us and blessed us with their knowledge and kindness. They showed us how to live in harmony with the forest - a tradition we have done our best to honor and continue to this day," he said, pride creeping into his voice.

"And for that reason we have extended that kindness to their more mortal kin," he cast a glance down to the fox, smiling Abriefly, before his face turned dark, "Regrettably not all regard such creatures with the respect they are due. In recent years...a dark force fell upon the forest. It was defeated, by honorable and more skilled samurai than I. But as with all things in darkness, the effects lingered. Remnants remained that sought to harm our forest with every bit the dark ardor of their progenitor, if not its power.

"I cut my teeth against such remnants. I did not have a traditional gempukku in that sense - I told my sensei that if I waas to be heir to the forest, I needed to be willing to die in its defense. And so I went into the woods. The nights were as different as winter and summer depending on where we were. Some nights were as clear and pleasant as any I had enjoyed in the boughs around Kyuden Kitsune. But as we drew closer to the darkness, the nights changed. There is a sickness that one can feel in the air, in the presence of such evil. One must steel itself against it, lest they lose themselves. My ancestors protected me and my honor saved me.

As he spoke, he turned and knelt next to Kitakuhime, reaching out his own hand to pet his small friend.

"But such was not the case for Asahi - I found him during the trip. The sole survivor of his litter, his family members - his mother and the other kits - had been sacrificed by the darkness to taunt us for trying to stop it. How it had missed him - who knows? Perhaps one of the kitsune had been looking out over him after all? I followed the trail. I avenged his den. And he became my responsibility and my friend - my companion and my reminder of what is at stake when we do less than our duty demands."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:23 am

Her eyes get even bigger with his story. She inclines her head further and further to listen to him closed. As Takeo pets Asahi, their hands touch by a fraction of a heartbeat. Kitakuhime rapidly retract her hand before any offense is given. "Shitsurei, ne."

The Otaku princess wrinkles her nose, copying the fox. "So Asahi-kun is the lost prince of the enchanted forest and Kitsune-san his valiant yojimbo. I like this story."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:02 am

Takeo's heart stopped as his fingers brushed Kitakuhime's. It was an honest accident, but still, such things were improper. And yet...so special. Thus far he had been looking at Kitakuhime as a political marriage - a duty he was sent to fulfill. Certainly she had seemed like an objectively desirable bride - a proud and honorable warrior and heir to the Otaku. He could seldom have drawn up a better candidate. And yet now, after the barest brush of fingers - the tingle that had run down his spine - perhaps, perhaps there could be something more.

She didn't dwell on it and broke him from his reverie as he turned his eyes upward, catching hers and seeing the depths of emerald that lay within.

"That is not an incorrect summation," he said, his lips smiling reflexively, "I am glad you enjoyed it. It is my hope that we might have many opportunities to learn more about each other in the coming days."

He turned his eyes to the Otaku war horse that had taken to idly munching grass.

"What of Gekko-san? I am certain the story of your meeting is one worth telling as well."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:12 am

Hair swipes sideways as Kitakuhime turns her head to look at Gekko with bright grin. "Of all the other Otaku girls, he chose me the first day we've met. I learned how to ride with him, and he learned how to obey from me," Kitakuhime giggles, "Well, sometimes he seems to forget lessons."

Gekko snorts, defending himself of accusations.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 pm

"A bond that even the Fortunes would be loathe to attempt to sever, I am certain," he said, smiling warmly.

"Rest assured Otaku-sama, I will never attempt to replace your Gekko-san." He meant it in jest, but there was a seriousness to his tone. He knew that there was a special bond; it was not his place to question it.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:58 am

She tilts her head at him, as her inquisitive blinking intensifies.

"Replace?"

An eyebrow raises.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Previous

Return to Animal Pens