The Real Crane Blues (D6, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

The Real Crane Blues (D6, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:56 am

Fukawa has talked a great deal yesterday. It had been helpful to keep her mind off of Akil the Heel. But once the Yasuki had left, the sake had left her crying into her pillow. Sleep had eventually over taken her, but the sun coming up heralded a return to wakefulness. She knew she'd need to get ready for her guest this morning, but she still had a few crystal-like tears to offer to her pillow, which also served to muffle the sobs.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Re: The Real Crane Blues (D6, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:17 am

Shinjo Liu Yue came to the yurt and followed proper protocol by scratching at the post. She was wearing her purple kimono, given whom she was meeting with. "Shinjo Liu Yue desu!" she announced.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:26 am

Fukawa looked up from the pillow.

"One moment, please, Shinjo-san." she said, her voice melodious as usual.

The pillow was shoved back into the corner, and a couple deft adjustments were made with a makeup kit.

Five...Four...Three...Two....One

Fukawa opened the yurt for the guest, and bowed politely to her.

"Please come in Shinjo-san, my apologies for the wait." she said, Crane On Up and Fully Operational.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:31 am

"Hai." The Unicorn, for her part, looked around blankly at the servants passing on by. It was always difficult for her to focus without two fully functioning eyes.

She then came into the yurt as bidden and returned the bow. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Doji-san. What will we be discussing today?" she inquired with a warm smile. However, it was obvious that she was confused once more by the invitation.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:37 am

Normally, Fukawa would have closed the yurt behind the Unicorn....but word had been getting through the village how randy the unicorn were, and Fukawa did not want her honor besmirched.

"Well, I've talked to some of the possible candidates you mentioned, and thought you might like to hear my thoughts on that...perhaps over tea?" she suggests.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:39 am

Yue did not think much on the yurt or the rumors. To say that the one-armed Shinjo desired all white-haired women was not true. "Sou desu ka. Tea sounds lovely, Doji-san."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Fukawa bows.

"Please make yourself comfortable, Shinjo-san, I will get the tea ready." she offers.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:43 pm

As instructed, the Shinjo took a seat on the same spot she had taken on her last visit. She stifled a yawn and rubbed her forehead for a brief moment. Tea might be good after all of that alcohol. Ugh.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Sensing her guests needs as a good host, Fukawa got together some black tea with mint.

"I apologize for the early hour of the meeting Shinjo-san, but time marches forward whether we are here or in Yume-do." she offers apologetically.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Yue smiled meekly and nodded. "Hai. I am used to early hours. During the Ride, we used every hour of daylight." She scratched the back of her head. "How have you been beyond inquiring on my behalf?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:59 pm

There was just the slightest pause in the Crane preparation of tea at that question.

"Ah, well, that kept me fairly busy yesterday, Shinjo-san, making those inquiries." she revealed. "There was that, and meeting with some of the Ide, and the poetry competition. It was a very busy day for me."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:10 pm

"I heard that you did well at the poetry competition." She smiled. "I hear that your poem was the best among them." The Shinjo thought briefly on the matter of Ide but she realized she did not know any of the ones at the miai personally.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Fukawa bows at the compliment and serves the tea.

"You are kind to say so, Shinjo-san." she replies. "I will admit I felt a great deal of pressure to represent the Crane well in the arts. Writing a particularly bad poem in a poetry competition for me would be like a Unicorn coming in last in a horse race. But sometimes you have to risk utter failure if you are to reach something better than adequate."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:26 pm

"Hai. I intend on aiming high in today's competition, Doji-san. I do not want to be an adequate performer." Yue then bowed in thanks for the tea. "Arigatou gozaimasu."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Fukawa nodded taking a spot across from her with tea.

"Hai, I realize that the matchmakers are reluctant to approve a match for you, and you need to impress them strongly." she says. "I do wish you the best of luck in today's competition."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Next

Return to Northern Yurts