Day 4 [LE] Mr. Warmth (Suteichi's Yurt)

Day 4 [LE] Mr. Warmth (Suteichi's Yurt)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:57 am

((Expecting. If you are planning a meeting for this time slot, please denote where you are located))

Damed rain! Suteichi thought. Much of his plans were ruined for the evening. The storm made it a little difficult for him to sleep so he put on a pot of tea and began to read The Legend of Sakurahime.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Re: Day 4 [LE] Mr. Warmth (Suteichi's Yurt)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:20 am

There was a sound at his door not long into his reading. Outside stood Liu Fei, drenched from the rain that was continuing to poor down around her. Having been able to find out from passerby's where Suteichi's tent was. After the rain came down in the evening, and no word had managed to find her, she had come here.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:26 am

Opening the door, Suteichi saw Liu Fei and promptly brought her in. He did not wear his mask when he answered. Shutting the door to his Yurt, he grabbed a blanket.

"Quite a fierce night. Please come sit by the fire. I do have dry clothes for you to change in." he said handing her the blanket. He turned to get one of his silk kimonos for her to put on.

"I'll turn my back. Just let me know when you are ready. Tea will be served. I hope that you're alright." he turned his back, resisting the temptation to want to look at her.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:45 am

When he answered there was a white line separating her lips, or maybe it was a smile. It was as difficult to decipher as it's cause, from the promise of sanctuary from the rain or from him. Regardless she quickly moved inside, holding her arms crossed over her chest to keep from getting the whole floor of the Yurt wet.

"Thank you, I am fine," was all she said in response at first, wanting nothing more than to be comfortable again. Waiting till he turned his back to start working at her clothes. With it largely being of leather make most of the water had simply fallen off, but small pieces of decorational fur and the shirt she wore under the vest had been soaked through entirely. Even her sarashi had soaked through entirely.

Head to toe she removed to all, carefully and laid it out by the fire. Trusting him enough to only cast casual glances in his direction to ensure he remained turned. Regardless of his intentions it had to feel like forever staring at one side of the tent while she changed in silence.

Now, dressing was as awkward as one might imagine. It was clearly a man's kimono, as well her mother had only ever shown her how to put one on properly when she was younger. Not like it was common practice for her to wear this sort of thing. Of course, the silk... it felt strange to the touch on her skin. Smooth, very smooth. Finally, though it didn't fit perfectly, she had the kimono on well enough that it covered the majority of her skin and at least what truly mattered.

"You may turn around now," she said, finding a seat by the fire near her things.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:51 am

He turned to see her, a thin smile on his face seeing her in his kimono. He walked over to her and poured tea for her.

"This is a chamomile tea. Good for relaxing. I must say, you and sister must really want to be Scorpion." he joked.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:56 am

Liu Fei certainly looked quite different, from the removal of her wet hair tie. Letting her hair spread to dry out as she was, and in a kimono it was almost a little hard to tell it was the same woman. Glancing from him to the tea he was introducing she let a light smile pass, a little lacking in her defense.

"I have just not found an excuse to find out how you look with leather Suteichi-san," she teased over the rim of the cup. Then, after a small sip, she asked, "Should I take it that I look good in these colors then?"
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:03 am

He smirked at her witty comeback. He liked that she could match him in that manner. It was rare to meet someone who could outside of his own clan. Well, Mizuki certainly could.

"Well...yes. Crimson does become you. All that is left is a mask and slight change to your name...hmmm...Soshi?! No. Shosuro?! No. Yogo...nah. Bayushi Liu Fei. Hmm...now that is a name that just flows off the tongue with ease. It is a smooth as the silk you are wearing."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:20 pm

When she heard the name Soshi, there was a slight glint of recollection she held. A question she decided she wanted to ask but she saved it for later.

For now, she stretched out her right arm to show off the red fabric and how it draped from her arm, "I have never worn Silk before, it feels.. strange," she said, pulling her arm back and glancing to the fire before looking at him. "Bayushi Liu Fei.. I suppose that might be a name I would have to get used to in the future." Now, softer, more to herself but not really hiding it from him, "Shinjo Suteichi, Iuchi Suteichi, Moto Suteichi, Ide Suteichi.. Shinjo seems a better fit there as well. I would entertain the idea of Otaku Suteichi, but I do not think you would do well as a Battle Maidens bride," she said the last with a smirk.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:38 pm

"Ha. Well then, If I am no good as an Otaku's bride. Let me show you what a Shinjo's husband would do. If I were one." Suteichi went to what was like a vanity and picked up his comb and walked back to his spot.

"Come to me Liu Fei-san. I will not want your hair to be messy because of the rain and I always want to see you at your best."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:57 pm

When Liu Fei saw the comb, and the vanity-like object he retrieved it from she had to quickly bring up her hand to possible stifle the laughter. Catching it before it became boisterous but there was no doubt. When she looked back up she just smiled and shook her head, not wanting to explain she instead complied with his request.

Rising she made her way carefully over to his side, sitting down once again with her back to him. Looking over her shoulder, "I believe this will be the first time a man has ever brushed my hair, Suteichi-san," she said, rubbing her left wrist.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Suteichi moved close to her ear.

"I am pleased to be the first." He sat back and gently tended to her hair. "I hope that you have enjoyed our evening the other night. I figured that we could use something less formal. I do again, apologize for that. Much of my teachings of etiquette and protocol were strict. I can afford to maybe loosen up for you."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Hair stood on her neck when he got close, speaking softly. Notably when he was tending her hair, by her collar, her skin seemed to be a shade of pink.

"I did," she replied with no lacking confidence. "I think it is right for myself to apologize Suteichi-san. I went into that still thinking of the day prior, in truth after that all I could think of how I viewed you as weak. For.. someone who interested me... I suppose I had gotten a little angry at the idea. That you could have been so weak and yet still gained my interest, but, you are not weak Suteichi-san. You have a strength different than mine, and what I thought was weakness was misguided. I apologize, for that as well."

"You may but I would not want you to forego correcting me, ever."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Suteichi stopped combing and again moved closer to where he could meet her eyes. His voice was pleasant and as always soft.

"Would you want to be wrong? Would have me be wrong? When I am wrong, tell me. That is how I grow in strength. I want you to be better than what you already are if not for me than for the right one." One finger of his rested under her chin, he did not break eye contact at all with her. There was no anger in his eyes at all only true sincere compassion.

"Husband or not, you will not be made to be embarrassed or look like a fool. This is the strength that I have. I do claim to be your parent or teacher. Neither do I wish to be. A true friend tells the other where they are wrong in spite of their disagreement. You want to see things through, then that is what I am going to do. Hate me if you will, love me if you will, like the weather, I will continue on regardless but you will be alright in the end because if not that means I have failed you as a friend. As a lover. As a husband." He slowly withdrew from her maintaining eye contact.

"If I was wrong in that Liu Fei-san, correct me." he said with a charmed smile.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Liu Fei had no reason to suspect that deceit may lay in his words, or his approach, but she still looked to him strangely for a moment when he placed his finger under her chin. Though his softer, continued words kept her silent for the time being. Unable to pull up the willpower to pull herself away from him maintaining eye contact with her or unwilling to she just listened while looking into his eyes. It was... difficult not to feel something.

"I do not believe you are wrong, Suteichi-san," she said, softer as if caught up by the moment. Glancing away she broke from the nearly hypnotic gaze. Correcting her voice, volume, as she rubbed at her neckline with a knuckle.

"Partners," she said, resuming her usual voice and tone. Confident, sure of herself, strong. "Partners keep one another strong because it benefits them both for each to do well. I would allow myself to be your partner, Suteichi-san, if you would allow yourself to be mine."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:35 pm

"Of course." he replied as he went back to combing her hair. "I wish to be your partner as well. I hope you are enjoying the tea. As I said it is calming and pleasant, which is good considering the storm. Ah. Is your steed alright in this weather?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Next

Return to Northern Yurts