Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Re: Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:07 pm

"I'm afraid that there are evils and dangers that are not easily slain. We have storytellers of all sorts... those who narrate stories and history before an audience, those who create plays where talented people act out history for people to see, and those who write it down to preserve the events of the past," Tomoe explained calmly.

"If the Unicorn spent a lot of time travelling, writing down historical events to be stored in libraries would have been difficult, so it's understandable that a strong tradition of telling tales was most suited for you. Here, people have not travelled much, especially not outside the borders, so it was more convenient to write down history to more easily share it with eachother and future generations."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:19 pm

She pulls the saya from her belt of Massace and carefully draws the crimson steel blade from it and says, “This blade was passed to me from Moto Ghari, hatamoto to Moto-dono, my uncle. It is Massacre, and it can kill anything! It is known.”

“It is said to have been forged from metal that fell from the heavens, folded ten thousand and one times; this blade has seen ten-thousand battles and tasted the meat of ten thousand things. It was a gift to the Moto upon our return and for my service to Moto-dono, given to me.”

“This blade can wound any creature, it is known.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Tomoe watched the Moto carefully as she drew her blade, but it didn't seem like the Unicorn had murderous intents. For now.

"It seems like Moto-san wields a powerful weapon then; a nemuranai even. There are some foul creatures who are impervious to normal steel, or a shugenja's magic even, but can be hurt only by items of power, such as your blade," the Hare nodded respectfully.

"I am curious as to what sort of metal it could've been, but it certainly seems to be powerful. I know the Crab value weapons made with jade or crystal in their eternal war, but this metal is certainly something... Ten thousand things it has slain, you say? It sounds like the Unicorn encountered all manners of enemies in their journey!"

---

D1 LM Lore: Nemuranai/Intelligence. Free Raise for smart-smart. Unknown TN on fluff-roll?: 5d10o10k4 33
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:56 pm

...What the... Hotaru's eyes go wide at the drawn that was done so casually. Sure, all samurai had arms but drawing it typically conveyed a certain intent or assumption that something would be done with said blade. Should she be so surprised that the Moto would draw her blade so openly after how she acted?
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:30 pm

“As was told to me,” she says honestly.

“Star metal perhaps blessed by the Fortunes and Gods,” she says proudly.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:48 pm

"It sounds likely," the Hare nodded, not showing fear of the Moto's drawn weapon.

"If it fell from the Heavens, then it must surely have some divine connection to that realm that makes your family weapon so unique. I have no doubt that Moto-san will live up to the legacy of such a weapon." She looked at Khulun and gave a very respectful nod.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Hitako also tensed up when the blade was drawn, but didn't move. She knew she wasn't the fastest, and likely wouldn't be able to stop a slaughter, if it started, but she did draw up to mind the Seal. Turns out, it wasn't needed. But she was ready, so long as the blade was bare.
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:37 pm

She nods and says while sheathing the weapon, “With Massacre I fear nothing. Bring on Iuchi-ban and all the dark things, the Moto die, but we shall not Yield.”

“Now you see Moto strength and see truth of Unicorn glory.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:38 pm

"Togashi Yamatsu..." a voice called from the side. A well kept man rose to his feet and straightened his kimono then his Haori jacket "His name was Togashi Yamatsu, the Dragon who ended Iuchiban's spree."

He closed to the group and a gave a deep bow: "Forgive my interruption Sensei-Usage, but I could not let the subject dwindle on the wind." He broke his bow and nodded his head in introduction to the parties "Seppun Aramoro, of the Imperial families." He paused to allow them to take in his name and to reply.

"Your knowledge in history is very impressive Usage-san, but one's expertise in philosophy is a completely different field all together. Evil? Fortunately the Imperial Guard is spared from making such a judgement, we have magistrates for that."

"Your courage in choosing such a topic is commendable Hare-san, I for one enjoyed it." He gave a slight smirk "However I doubt our Kuni brothers would have appreciated your deep knowledge though. Not that I discredit their vigilance, I am just one that acknowledges the equal danger of it's ignorance."

OOC:
Spell Cast Mental Quickness 15 fail Nauseated for 1 round at beginning of lecture
Sage Lore/Intel: 25
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:43 pm

((I just assumed the name was not recorded since I went by what was in the almanac, but this is fine too! :) ))

The Hare gave a respectful bow to the Imperial who stepped forward. "Seppun-sama, thank you for your compliments. However, I would respectfully disagree on the honorable Kuni, as we in the Hare have worked closely with them and the Asako Inquisitors, fulfilling the duty set before us by the Hantei." The Hare clearly had some pride in the clan's duties, even if most found them unsavory.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:48 pm

The Moto listens and stares blankly not really understanding the context. She says, “So hero has name now? I don’t understand? Why are the Kunyi upset?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:02 pm

((I made the history check and asked MS if it is sufficient to know the name, he said its good. Well it gave me a cinematic entry into the thread so all is well that ends well ;) ))

His grin remains and he pauses looking at the little Hare "You seem to know them better than I, Usage-san. Remind me to forward them an apology." he nods his head to the side. "I am not all that familiar with Rokugan's newer minor clan, I look forward to your next lecture on the hopeful Hare. As a part of a family tasked in protecting the Imperial families, I am keen on sharing techniques on finding and fighting the enemy you hunt."

His smile fades when the Unicorn addressed, he turns to face her "Indeed, a name to honour. I am certain Usage-sensei knows the name well, but I rudely interrupted her before she could recall it. The Kuni were happy al along it seems, but don't worry you will meet them soon enough."

He looks the Moto up and down "May I have the name of the warrior worthy of wielding such an impeccable blade?" He gestures at her katana, fan in one hand.
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:12 pm

As the topic of history dominated the conversation again, which was nowhere near her realm. Seeing as an Imperial participated now, it was all the most reason to let those who were either curious or important take the conversation topic. She gave Aramoro a bow and in the same gesture, excused herself from the conversation circle, giving a momentary smile at Suki on her way out. When she would start her morning on the right foot, and not nearly gobbled by a lamb, she would have a shrine to tend to hopefully and more direction.

She made her return to her tent to sort things for the next few days when she noticed another Imperial in the periphery. Naturally, she bowed politely to greet her. "Oh, ohayou gozaimasu, Seppun-sama! You've come to join your kinsmen in the history discussion?"
Last edited by Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:16 pm

The Moto returns the favor as she takes in the Imperial and says confidently pounding her chest, “Moto Khulun, daughter of Moto Batbayar the One Eye’d Falcon and Moto Guhiren the Yellow Sand Tiger; niece of Moto Gantulga, Hammer of the Unicorn and daimyo of the Moto.”

“Wielder of Massacre, and I do not know what impecc… impecu… whatever that means but it is a strong blade.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Aramoro gave a slight bow to the petite Scorpion girl to excuse her, he could not help to take a quick double take after he noticed her beautiful face, but then snapped his attention back at the people in the conversation.

The Imperial pressed his hand, holding the closed fan, against his lips as though striking a pose in contemplation. where in fact he covered the smile that broke across his mouth at the brutish yet very warrior like response. One does not see that often in the Capital.

He moves his hand away once composed "Impeccable, it means better than 'strong' or good. You have much to live up to Moto-san, it seems your spirit is more than able to." he pauses for a moment "I know how that feels, to an extent."
Seppun Aramoro

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts