Rotten Eggs or Tea? (D4, EA, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: Rotten Eggs or Tea? (D4, EA, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Fukawa looked thoughtful.

"Well....Soshi-san is a Scorpion, so it's hard to tell if the initial impression is correct or not. He's a doctor, and he came off as somewhat over-apologetic to me."

She sipped her tea.

"Asako-san is a Phoenix, so it's no surprise he came off as a bit long-winded. He also seemed to have some disagreement with a Seppun, though he does not seem to be disagreeable company."

She waved off the offer of a return favor though.

"Ah, it's too early to think about that, Shinjo-san. After all, I am no great lord capable of commanding someone to marry you. I don't even have a twin brother hiding under a blanket to promise to you. All my efforts may come to naught. But if they do bear fruit...well, the Crane clan is always looking for new friends."

She considers the Shinjo before her.

"Hmm, besides your excellent conversational skills, do you have any other secret talents, Shinjo-san? If I need to talk you up a bit, it'd be good to know if you were an artist, or a chef, or anything else that might make you a good wife." she asks.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:04 pm

"Sou desu ka. What was the disagreement with the Seppun about?" Other than that, Yue was not surprised with the Crane's analysis of the men. She may not have used the same words but the descriptions were apt.

The Shinjo smiled. "Let me know if you need anything, Doji-san."

She thought on the talk on talents. "I am a bushi." She started with that, looking down at her daisho. "Many know that I am able to swing my tetsubo with my one arm." Her expression started to become more sheepish. "I am able to hunt and I am able to perform light medical procedures."

She let out a sigh. "I am not a chef nor an artist, Doji-san."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:07 pm

A small shrug from the Doji.

"I did not overhear their conversation." she says truthfully.

She considers the Shinjo's talents.

"Are you from a large family, Shinjo-san? Many siblings?" she asks.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Yue shrugged too. It was not her business to pry.

"I am not, Doji-san. I have one sister, Shinjo Liu Fei. My mother died before she could bear more children," she said. Her tone of voice did not betray any grief. For Yue, it was simply a fact at this point.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"Well hopefully the coming events will favor your strengths, Shinjo-san. I doubt they'll favor mine, unless the Iuchi family does something interesting." she offers.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 pm

"I hope so. Whatever the Moto have planned must fit my skills," she stated. Yue took a sip from her tea. Even if she was not the most capable at the Moto events she had to make some sort of effort.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:02 pm

"Would you mind telling me a bit about them, Shinjo-san?" she asks. "I don't really know much about them save what I've observed from Moto Baatar and Moto Brutaj."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Yue perked her brow. "To be honest, Doji-san, I do not know where to begin." The implication of that phrase was not exactly what she meant. Rather, she was simply unsure of what Fukawa really wanted to know.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Fukawa shrugs.

"At the beginning?" she suggests, having no idea what the Shinjo knew.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:37 pm

"The story goes that the original Moto was part of the Ujik-hai. They swore loyalty to Shinjo-no-Kami after a war and have ever since been a part of our Clan." She scratched the back of her head. "Gomennasai. I do not know a story well enough to tell it in Rokugani."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:03 am

Fukawa nodded.

"Well, telling it in another language wouldn't tell me much, I'm afraid." she says. "I am kind of curious how they differ, besides origin, from the Shinjo and the Otaku."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:10 am

Yue pondered on the question. "The Moto are different," was how she started her answer. She was struggling to come up with a diplomatic way to phrase it all. Her eyes lit up when she found a good saying. "They say that, 'A Moto may die, but cannot yield.' It is a lesson I have embraced, Doji-san."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 am

And all it cost you was half your body, and a lifetime of stares and pain Fukawa thought, saddened at such a waste of a samurai.

"That sounds a great deal like the philosophies of the Matsu." Fukawa replied.

If you can call mindless violence a philosophy. she added mentally.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:28 am

Yue's cheeks turned a bit flush as her mind turned to rumors pertaining to a certain incident the night prior. "Hai. I believe the Moto and the Matsu could get along well." She drank more of her tea to stall once more.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Fukawa considers the Unicorn.

"Have you noticed anyone else getting along really well, Shinjo-san?" she asked out of curiosity.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts