The Real Crane Blues (D6, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: The Real Crane Blues (D6, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Yue let out a soft chuckle. "I thought that fighting the orochi was impressive enough for them. However, I still have work to do." She gave another bow. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Doji-san. I am glad that you have faith in me."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:51 pm

"Even if you...Heavens protect against it...are not placed at this miai, Shinjo-san, I get the sense that your spirit will keep riding." she says.

"Rather than dwelling upon that, why don't we discuss your potential matches?" she offers. "I learned a great deal about them yesterday."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:56 pm

"I intend to not have that be a possibility," she stated in regards of her leaving without a husband.

The Shinjo smiled. "Hai. I ask that you speak in whichever order you deem fit, Doji-san."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Fukawa nods, considering.

"Well, from least likely to most then. Of the three I talked to yesterday, Yasuki-sama seems like the worst match. What he's looking for is someone who can help him build his financial empire. He wants someone who is skilled at mercantile negotiation, and can offer him significant inroads into the Unicorn." she reviews.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Yue was not phased by such news. "I believe he has an invested interest in another woman." She shrugged. "Regardless, you are correct. I would not be able to help him with his business." She gave a soft smile. "However, he is a pleasant man to converse with. I imagine his wife will be happy."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Next would be Ichiro-san. He finds you pleasant enough to converse with, but it seems at your first meeting you pushed your sister a bit hard at him, and he took that as disinterest in him and he has moved on to other prospects." she relates.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:32 pm

In that case, Yue was unable to resist laughing. "I was not careful with my words! I did not mean to show disinterest in him. I believe he would be a fine husband." She cupped her chin. "I am curious who he aims to marry now."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 pm

"Or who he'll end up with at the end of the miai...it's in the matchmakers' hands." she says, not having asked that.

"Now, Kaiu-san...he would be a really excellent match for you, Shinjo-san. He is very, very impressed with your skill as a bushi. The Crab appreciate resilience in the face of overwhelming adversity. He is not the best conversationalist, and could really use a wife who is known to be charming." she offers.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Yue nodded up until the last part. "I am known to be charming, Doji-san? I try to be courteous but I am not skilled with words like you are." She smiled. "I am not surprised that a Crab would suit me."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Fukawa shrugs.

"Not that we can be matched, but I'm certain that Kaiu-san would find my usage of words to be more than he cared to put up with. I think your style much better suits him, Shinjo-san. Charming, but not exceedingly wordy or overpolished."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:55 pm

"Sou desu ka." The Shinjo closed her eyes. "My main concern is that he would not be wordy enough for me. His quietness may be a virtue but I wish for a compelling conversationalist."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Fukawa nods.

"He realizes this...and he wishes to improve. There is only so much he can change in four days, but within a lifetime, I think he will grow into a suitable conversational partner for you."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Yue nodded. "I am not an impatient woman, Doji-san." She took a sip from the tea before deciding it was still too hot. "Do I have any secret suitors?" she asked, mainly as a joke.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Fukawa shakes her head.

"Not that I have heard of." she confesses. "Have you gotten anonymous poetry?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:51 pm

The Shinjo shook her head. "Iie. I was only curious." She tilted her head and wondered if it was her place to ask. "How has your search for suitors been, Doji-san?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts