[D8 LA] Find the sake boy

[D8 LA] Find the sake boy

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:01 am

Samau was leading her puppy on to find a familiar figure. She stood at the tents, unsure which one was Tomonaga's... which was ironic, considerinf the rumors.
She let out a sigh... Sepoun Aramoro and Tomonaga... she was the focus of the rumors today, it seemed.

And Tomonaga's song... well, things weren't simple. But that is why she wanted to drink some sake. That will simplify things.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Re: [D8 LA] Find the sake boy

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:09 am

Fortunately, Tomonaga was outside of his tent, entreating his puppy. The puppy seemed mostly uninterested. "Stand! Come! Speak?" The puppy laid down. Tomonaga sighed.

He say Samai, then. Tomonaga blinked, straightening, his expression difficult to read. His deep brown eyes were wide, though, as they sought hers. "Sa... Ide-san." Tomonaga said, casting around. "Good afternoon." He bowed, then, but his eyes went back to hers as soon as he straightened.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:13 am

Samai saw Tomonaga, and approached ar a slow and comfortable pace.

"Yasuki-san." She bowed to him, noticing the puppy. "I hope you're puppy is not drunk yet?"

Meanwhile, her own puppy started running towards his.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 am

The joke relaxed Tomonaga noticeably. He smiled at her, just short of a grin. "I don't think so... but on the other hand, maybe that's why he's sleeping it off now, huh?"

He stepped a little closer as she drew nearer, closing some of the distance between them. "Ummm... how are you?" He asked, his forehead creasing lightly. "I'm glad to see you, you know." He said, his tone sincere.

The approach of Samai's puppy roused Tomo's puppy, who rolled over onto his back, limbs flailing.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:24 am

Samai's puppy decided that the best way forward was jumping onto the lazy people wholesale.

"Better... yesterday was a long day, and I didn't sleep well the day before..."

She took one step.closer. I am sorry if the rumors cause you any inconveniance. Her own voice was sincere too.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:28 am

"Oh, I'm sorry." Tomonaga said with automatic courtesy. "When I saw you yesterday..." He broke off. Right, Tomo, go there.

His eyes, already soft, seemed to melt at her apology. "No, Ide-san, it's me who should apologize." He glanced about. "Ummm... can I invite you in? Offer you, perhaps, some sake? I've got some, you know." He gave her a smile. "And I think they're doing okay." He jerked his head towards the two puppies, locked in playful battle.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:27 am

"Oh? Sake? I didn't know... does your family like sake?" She asked in a small, joking manner. She gave an exasperated look to her puppy standing his ground fiercely... for three seconds.

"Let's hope they won't escape... then again, that might be a better training for them."

She followed him in, her face frozen in polite charm for now. Yesterday... wasn't pleasant, but she couldn't fault him. They never agreed to be exclusive. True, they kissed... and talk about kids. But that doesn't mean anything!! Right?

"Arigatou Yasuki-san... Tomonaga-san." she amended after they were inside. "For the sake. Yesterday was... taxing." She debated how to continue... a part of her wanted to let him off the hook. Another wanted to let him stew. She decided to wait for the sake for now.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 am

Tomonaga smiled again at the joke. "Ha. As if I haven't told just about everyone here." He lifted the flap to allow her inside. After a moment's thought, he let it mostly drop close, giving them a bit of privacy, but not complete.

As he poured the sake, Tomonaga shot her a quick glance, his expression sad. He is silent a few more moments, until he hands her the filled cup, and pours himself one as well. Then his eyes met hers. "I'm sorry, Samai-san." He said, his voice rough. "I truly am. I... I went there resolved to do one thing, and I did that. Set a path and follow it, that seemed like the right decision."

He sighed, his eyes dropping away. "But... I've never wanted to take actions that would hurt people. And after you sang to me..." A smile briefly flickered across his face, and he met her gaze once more. "Thank you, by the way. I liked it." He paused, uncertainly, giving her time to insert some thoughts of her own. Or not.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:49 am

Samai sat and accepted the sake gracefully. "Tomonaga-san..." before she could continue, there was yipping outside. She glanced quickly over to the exit, debating whether to go our or not.

After a minute of deliberation, she decided to stay. "There is nothing to apologize for Tomonaga-san. Sincerity is a virtue, as we could see all afternoon long." Her voice contained a hint of bitterness, though that was over her own clanmates. Not that it was exactly obvious.

"I believe you, and I appreciate the intention." She blushed. "Arigatou... at least someone did. Yours was also a beautiful song."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:16 pm

"Thank you." Tomonaga said simply. He closed his eyes for a moment.

When he opened them, he gave her a soft smile. "May I still call you Samai-chan, while we're in private? It would be dishonest of me to say that you are my one and only, but..." His jaw clenched, his eyes shifting away for just a moment. "But it would be just as dishonest to say that I feel nothing for you." His eyes found hers again. "I know that's not a lot, but it's the truth, and..." He trailed off again, his lips twisting uncertainly.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:22 pm

"It's okay, Tomonaga-kun." She replied quietly, trying to soothe the turmoil. "I care a great deal about you too, but I cannot in good faith expect you to dedicate your life to me after a few days." She looked up at him with a smile. "Worst comes to worst, I hope we can still remain friends. Perhaps even trade partners."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:31 pm

The returned familiarity, brought a smile to Tomonaga's face, brightening further as she gave additional suggestions. "Yes. I should like that very much." He looked at her, his eyes warm. I don't want to give her false hope... but I am more divided than she knows.

His forehead creased, and he looked a little concerned. "Are you okay otherwise, Samai-chan? You mentioned that you didn't sleep well the day before. I hope you're taking care of yourself. Do you need anything else? Although if you say anything besides 'more sake', I might have to run out and get it." He said, joking. Well, it was basically true, but it was still a joke.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:34 pm

*That sounds good Tomo-kun." She reached for her cup. "Sake is a good start. I have a day of training of a doggie to look forward to."

She stretched silently, contemplating her answer. "Tomo-kun... I will be honest with you, but I must ask for discretion in return."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Tomonaga sat up a little straighter, his expression growing more serious. "Of course, Samai-chan. Anything." Shifting a little, he refilled her sake cup. When he'd finished, they were a little closer together. Enough that it would be a simple thing for one to reach out and touch the other.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:56 pm

She refrained from touching, for now, then let out a sigh. "There has been a... meeting, which was disconcerting. I would like to say more, but it is something of a clan matter for now." Well, that and minor clanners....

"That was late, so I didn't sleep well, and then...well, my kinsman yesterday could have been more discrete."
Ide Samai

Next

Return to Western Yurts