Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:18 pm

"Isn't your horn in your head?" he raised his eyebrow slightly "Going to be very hard to pierce me as I crush your throat."

"Matsu always push trough, winning against all odds."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:22 pm

“Such vicious words, Lion. Your words are sharp but do you have the skill to back up your claims? Or has your sharp tongue dulled your claws,” she says.

“We should settle this… as animals or as samurai, your choice, little cub.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:
Soshi Bantu wrote:He gestures to the cushions on the floor at the table. "If minna-san wish to sit I'd happily guide you through a game?"

Udo bows to him and takes a seat. "Thank you very much. This should be most enjoyable. A small game seems appropriate, given how many guests you have this evening."

Looking at Bataar he adds. "I look forward to playing with you. This one is Togashi Udo."

"I'm Moto Baatar," the young Unicorn replied. "Um... do you want the white stones or the black stones? And... how do we set them up on the board?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:She was glad to change the subject. "I'm a historian for my clan... a little different from the Marta of your Shinjo Family, as I've come to understand, as they remember the stories and pass them down through told tales, while I keep written accounts and study history. I'm trained as a diplomat, but... well, I'm still young and untested and this is my first time representing my clan officially."

"My family was part of the Fox Clan before joining the Hare, having strong ties to shugenja traditions in our line, but I was not so blessed to have that talent, and I was sent to train with the Asako family of the Phoenix, since my mother was a Phoenix before her marriage."

Tomoe looked curiously at Dong-Ha. He seemed to have some similar trinkets to Saksaha, who was a priestess from what she understood. "Iuchi-san is a shugenja? Or do you serve a different role?"

"Histo..rian." Dong-Ha tried out the new word. "Hare must have a fair bit of history then?" If the didn't have, her duty must have been easy. Then again perhaps they had given that duty to her because she was so feeble. "I hope Usagi-san has found the arrangements pleasant." he added almost as an afterthought, recalling one of the phrases the Ide had had them learn before coming to Dark Edge Village. They had also mentioned that the locals would expect certain phrases at certain times.

"Fox? But that could mean that we are related!" Dong-Ha sounded a little bit surprised, fully aware of Shinjo's law. Then again, over 700 years had passed since they had left Rokugan. There was no way a descendant of Ki-Rin could count as 'family'.

"Ah, you've met Saksaha-san?" Dong-Ha asked before answering her question. "Yes, I am student of meishodo just as she is, though we do not share sensei." Which was to say that while they served the same role, their approaches were rather different. "My father's sensei can claim lineage to Iuchi Nobane-shiryo, who perfected the art of the charms." his calloused fingers brushed against one of trinkets as he mentioned the honorable ancestor.

"Perhaps Usagi-san could tell me a little bit about her clan as we wait for the sadana to commence?" his tone was rather hopeful.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Such vicious words, Lion. Your words are sharp but do you have the skill to back up your claims? Or has your sharp tongue dulled your claws,” she says.

“We should settle this… as animals or as samurai, your choice, little cub.”

He almost smiled. ALMOST.

He leaned back grabbing the kumis skin and refreshing himself with a long hearty. His eyes never left her as he assessed her and her words and took into consideration her challenge.

"My words are never just words Moto-san." he spoke in a calm tone, leaning forward as he did so "Have you not heard from your cousin about my wrestling skills? I do not lose."

He narrowed his eyes

"I'm going to enjoy breaking you little foal."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:After dinner, Mizuki made her way to a Go board. She was waiting for someone, but is looking to see if anyone wants to play.

OOC: PM if approach

Speaking of that person, Shinjo Akil finally makes his way into the area. He looked around quietly, before making his way to Mizuki and offering a polite bow. "Yogo-sama, I hope you are well."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Histo..rian." Dong-Ha tried out the new word. "Hare must have a fair bit of history then?" If the didn't have, her duty must have been easy. Then again perhaps they had given that duty to her because she was so feeble. "I hope Usagi-san has found the arrangements pleasant." he added almost as an afterthought, recalling one of the phrases the Ide had had them learn before coming to Dark Edge Village. They had also mentioned that the locals would expect certain phrases at certain times.

"Fox? But that could mean that we are related!" Dong-Ha sounded a little bit surprised, fully aware of Shinjo's law. Then again, over 700 years had passed since they had left Rokugan. There was no way a descendant of Ki-Rin could count as 'family'.

"Ah, you've met Saksaha-san?" Dong-Ha asked before answering her question. "Yes, I am student of meishodo just as she is, though we do not share sensei." Which was to say that while they served the same role, their approaches were rather different. "My father's sensei can claim lineage to Iuchi Nobane-shiryo, who perfected the art of the charms." his calloused fingers brushed against one of trinkets as he mentioned the honorable ancestor.

"Perhaps Usagi-san could tell me a little bit about her clan as we wait for the sadana to commence?" his tone was rather hopeful.

"The arrangements...? Oh, you mean the tents? They're quite nice, yes, thank you. I've never stayed in such a big tent before!" She at least didn't seem to mind the accomodations.

"As for the Hare's history, as I said, we are a very young clan, founded 8 years ago, so there is not much yet, but the work must begin somewhere, neh? And yes," Tomoe chuckled, "somewhere long long ago, we might have had a common ancestor."

Her eyes did watch his trinkets and baubles with some interest as his hand touched one of them, and she nodded approvingly of his distinguished lineage. Even if the word meishodo was a bit lost on her.

"Well, we were founded for the heroic actions of Reichin-no-kami, recently elevated to be Fortune of Heroes by the Son of Heaven. Eight years ago, Reichin-dono distinguished himself remarkably and was instrumental in helping to defeat the blasphemous enemies who attacked the Empire, and was given the right to found his own clan, the Hare Clan, tasked to always stand vigilant against such enemies... so in a way, we share many common duties with the Crab Clan, considering the enemy, and we greatly respect eachother."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Mizuki bows to the Unicorn and smiles. "Shinjo-san. It is good see yo. Have you eaten rice today?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:21 pm

"It is good to see you as well. Indeed, I have received the blessings of Inari, and hope the same can be said of you." He looked to the board. "Is this what we will be playing tonight?"

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:24 pm

"I have. Thank you." She turns to the board. "Hai. This is Go." Mizuki goes on to explain the game and its rules.

"Would you care to give it a try?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Akil listened to every word Mizuki spoke to explain the game, trying his best to absorb as much as he can. Of course, Go is a very complicated game. "I'll... try? Do not expect too much from me."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"As for the Hare's history, as I said, we are a very young clan, founded 8 years ago, so there is not much yet, but the work must begin somewhere, neh? And yes," Tomoe chuckled, "somewhere long long ago, we might have had a common ancestor."

Her eyes did watch his trinkets and baubles with some interest as his hand touched one of them, and she nodded approvingly of his distinguished lineage. Even if the word meishodo was a bit lost on her.

"Well, we were founded for the heroic actions of Reichin-no-kami, recently elevated to be Fortune of Heroes by the Son of Heaven. Eight years ago, Reichin-dono distinguished himself remarkably and was instrumental in helping to defeat the blasphemous enemies who attacked the Empire, and was given the right to found his own clan, the Hare Clan, tasked to always stand vigilant against such enemies... so in a way, we share many common duties with the Crab Clan, considering the enemy, and we greatly respect eachother."

"Hee.." his voice was full of wonder. A mere mortal had proven himself so worthy that the Emperor himself had elevated him a Fortune. Of course that begged the question, how many Fortunes the Emperors before the current one had created since the times of Hantei. "So Hare are still very small, yes? It's commendable that your superiors sent you here, despite.. everything." Dong-Ha spread his hands wide, trying to comprehend her situation. "Reichin-dono must have been quite a hero, to earn such a fame."

"So... who are your neighbors then? My grasp of the Empire's geography is sorely lacking.." That seemed to bother the young man a fair bit.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:51 pm

"Well, we must increase our ranks," she said with a small and friendly laugh. "And we are of course curious to learn more about the newly returned children of Shinjo."

As he asked for the geography, Tomoe considered for a moment how to best illustrate it, as it was always complicated to explain maps.

"Our closest neighbours are the Scorpion, but we are not so far away from the Seikitsu mountains either, and on the other side of the mountains are the Lion and the Unicorn... Hmm..." she glanced to the Doji. It didn't seem like the Sadane she thought was coming would start anytime soon, or perhaps she had misunderstood.

"Perhaps I can use a Go board to illustrate the lay of the land a bit easier for you? And maybe even try our hand at a game afterward? It seems like I might have spoken too eagerly about the Sadane..."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Well, we must increase our ranks," she said with a small and friendly laugh. "And we are of course curious to learn more about the newly returned children of Shinjo."

As he asked for the geography, Tomoe considered for a moment how to best illustrate it, as it was always complicated to explain maps.

"Our closest neighbours are the Scorpion, but we are not so far away from the Seikitsu mountains either, and on the other side of the mountains are the Lion and the Unicorn... Hmm..." she glanced to the Doji. It didn't seem like the Sadane she thought was coming would start anytime soon, or perhaps she had misunderstood.

"Perhaps I can use a Go board to illustrate the lay of the land a bit easier for you? And maybe even try our hand at a game afterward? It seems like I might have spoken too eagerly about the Sadane..."

Someone might have jumped to a conclusion when rabbits and increased ranks were mentioned in the same sentence. However, Dong-Ha was far more practical and far less creative to jump into any clever conclusions. "As we are curious to learn about the lands and ways of our ancestors. We might bear the same names as the clan once leaving the Empire, but the Unicorn today and the Ki-Rin of the past are not the same." He answered her laughter with a shy smile.

"That would be very kind, though Usagi-san would need to teach me the rules before we can play." Dong-Ha replied eagerly. "Do you think we can find a game of go here, or did you perhaps bring your own?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:He almost smiled. ALMOST.

He leaned back grabbing the kumis skin and refreshing himself with a long hearty. His eyes never left her as he assessed her and her words and took into consideration her challenge.

"My words are never just words Moto-san." he spoke in a calm tone, leaning forward as he did so "Have you not heard from your cousin about my wrestling skills? I do not lose."

He narrowed his eyes

"I'm going to enjoy breaking you little foal."

“I heard he beat all comers but the no-name Mantis, and last I checked you are not a little bug?” she says looking in his eyes.

“I do not break easily, it would take a true warrior to ride this Unicorn,” she sneers.

“When shall I pull your tail little cub?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts