Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Re: Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Postby Yuzuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:56 pm

"Kakti? What are those?"

Yuzuki poured herself a drink as well. She definitely needed one after catpocalypse.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:01 pm

"The plants of the desert. Look like skin of kumis just green, or more like cucumbers, and with needles." Butaj explains the best way he can.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Yuzuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:12 pm

"Needles?"

Well, it wasn't that hard to believe, actually, given the islands had its own unique fauna that seemed odd to mainlanders.

"Are they poisonous? Sound like it."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 pm

"Butaj doesn't think so, maybe some, but their cuts are painful enough without being poisonous. Some needles are like small daggers. In the desert, venoms of snakes and scorpions are most dangerous of things of that kind."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:13 am

Otaku Imane wrote:Imane was unable to recollect anything in the Unicorn histories about lizard riders, although it could have been in there somewhere. She would have to ask the Ide and Iuchi.

"Hmm, I don't remember that my people have fought lizard riders. Rocs yes... They were giant eagles."

She looked over to the women chatting with Butaj and smiled. "It is nice to see my cousin meeting many people. Yes, perhaps we could join them soon? The ocean. I would like to see it one day!"

She thanked him for his food choices. "These look delicious Ichiro-san, I am sorry to hear that the cheese did not agree with you."

He nodded that wasn't the first time he had heard that answer, it likely wouldn't be the last. "Shall we then?" He indicated the direction of butaj and the group of women, awaiting her approval before moving towards them. "The ocean is quite beautiful, during my time with the Crane I got to see it several times, it looks as if it goes on forever, melding with the sky far in the distance."

"I do hope you enjoy it, I watched Yuzuki-san and Kitsune-san prepare much of it earlier, they put in quite a bit of effort."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:20 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods and ponders a change of subject. "What are the lands around your home like, Yogo-san? I have never journeyed to that area."

"It is a small area. Generally, the Yogo keep their lands largely by no one wanting them. What about the Matsu lands? I have hear they are quite beautiful."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"Butaj doesn't think so, maybe some, but their cuts are painful enough without being poisonous. Some needles are like small daggers. In the desert, venoms of snakes and scorpions are most dangerous of things of that kind."

"That must be very dangerous to pick the flowers from these Kakutai. Do you know if they have any use besides defense?"Me Moshi was curious.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:11 am

"Cacti give fruits from flowers, many can be eaten and some are very tasty. Some other have funny properties, give strange dreams and make people misbehave or not feel pain for a time, a bit like after too much kumis." Butaj shares whatever little insight he has with a broad smile.

Moto Butaj

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"What is the better thing Usagi Tsukimi would like to find tomorrow?" Butaj asks, putting the cup away for now. Yuzuki has promised him a special drink but it takes ages for her to bring it and the little Asakiko has grown quiet, so his attention is on the Bunny.

"I always hope for a good tomorrow, and any tomorrow that finds me in pleasurable company is good in my books."
She nodded as the Moshi and Yuzuki returned, and lifted her dwindling cup of sake to the Mantis. "Thank you."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:22 pm

"Huh," Yuzuki said, "don't suppose you could get them to grow here."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:53 am

The Moshi pondered. "I dont know but it could be interesting if we try."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am

"Is there a desert here in the east?" Butaj ponders, looking at the little Moshi.

Moto Butaj

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:59 am

"I come from the east and I didn't see any deserts on my way here. I don't think there are any to be honest Moto sama except for the Burning Sands." She shrugged. "Maybe there could be a trade with those you have met on you way here."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Yuzuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:52 am

"So they grow in the desert," she said. "I don't really know much about plants. Or deserts. Maybe they'd grow in Crab lands. Or some of our islands. I don't think it's quite the same as a desert though."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods and ponders a change of subject. "What are the lands around your home like, Yogo-san? I have never journeyed to that area."

"It is a small area. Generally, the Yogo keep their lands largely by no one wanting them. What about the Matsu lands? I have hear they are quite beautiful."

She smiles. "They are, in their wild way. I enjoy the spaces, particularly when Noburu and I are outside together. There is room and plenty. I would be saddened to leave them at times but I have heard so much of other lands." She shakes her head. "I suspect many love their home best, for it is what is known to them. I wonder what the Unicorn are used to in landscape."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts