[D6 EE Hirase's Yurt] I tell my tale, and my tale is true

Re: [D6 EE Hirase's Yurt] I tell my tale, and my tale is tru

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm

"Oh, I am sure he will have a great appreciation for what awaits him after his marriage." She fiddled with the cup a bit, before removing her hand from it.

"Songs and stories, of course. They were also studying, reciting lessons from when we weren't riding." She smirked. "If I behaved well, I could also ride along a bushi a few year older than myself... and well, as a young samurai-ko, that was something I could appreciate." She smirked shamelessly.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Women with fire were not new to Hirase, or at least didn't disconcert him, because the Phoenix chuckled, even as he moved to freshen her cup.

"Nothing displays a warrior's fitness so much as long, concentrated effort at their craft. Especially if they train in, shall we say, less modest garb? Some kata are particularly pleasant to watch..."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm

"Ah yes.... my history lessons always suffered when I sat next to the daily jiujtsu lessons..." She smirked, then hesitated. She almost asked something, but then held back. "You are a wonderful conversational partner Asako-san." She said instead thankfully.
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Modesty was a virtue and he displayed it now. "I'm pleased you think so. Sometimes I get enthusiastic and it can lead to a bit of wordiness." The corners of his eyes crinkled at her as he smiled again. "I would much enjoy the chance to speak with you again. Perhaps we might talk over books, once you've had the chance to read a few that I know, and I some of your favorites? What would you recommend the most of the literature available?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 pm

"I would appreciate it Asako-san... and I do not begrudge wordiness. It can be refreshing sometimes." She replied with a smile, before gears were switched.

"Hm... you have an interest in theology, hai? There's a book, called 47 Sayings, which contain the wisdom of a Prophet from the past of the Burning Sands."
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Keen interest focused him, leaning Hirase to lean a bit forward. "A Prophet? Oh, yes, that would be interesting. I wonder if there will be many universal truths between what they said and what the Little Teacher did." Curiously, he asked, "Did Shinsei's works make it out into the world beyond when the Ki-Rin left? I know that it took many years after his lifetime to draft what was considered the first official edition, since revised any number of times. Then, of course, there are other philosophers, though they aren't always credited as such. Akodo and his thoughts on War. Lies, a masterwork of Scorpion thinking. Mirumoto and Kakita's works about the art of swordplay...all of these are not always considered to be philosophy, yet in each one there are thoughts more than fit for long meditation and application outside of their original idiom."

Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:Keen interest focused him, leaning Hirase to lean a bit forward. "A Prophet? Oh, yes, that would be interesting. I wonder if there will be many universal truths between what they said and what the Little Teacher did." Curiously, he asked, "Did Shinsei's works make it out into the world beyond when the Ki-Rin left? I know that it took many years after his lifetime to draft what was considered the first official edition, since revised any number of times. Then, of course, there are other philosophers, though they aren't always credited as such. Akodo and his thoughts on War. Lies, a masterwork of Scorpion thinking. Mirumoto and Kakita's works about the art of swordplay...all of these are not always considered to be philosophy, yet in each one there are thoughts more than fit for long meditation and application outside of their original idiom."

"I will find out if there is a copy that we can give you Asako-san. As for shared wisdom..." She shrugged gently. "I find that while t here are a great many differences in cultures, there are also small similarities. I do not know whether any of Shinsei's wisdom was shared, though I wouldn't be surprised."

She perked up at the other books. "Oh? Those sound interesting... well, not War. That is not my duty. Or swordplay... still, I am sure that some of my kin would appreciate it." Tiling her head, she looked at him curiously. "What is your favorite book, Asako-san?"
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:03 pm

"I don't care for war either, but there is much in Leadership that can apply elsewhere. Akodo-no-Kami spoke very eloquently on things like loyalty and the right way to lead those who look to you that can work just as well in a Court. All the works are like that."

He frowned at her next question, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"That is a difficult question. For purely scholastic purposes, there is a book dating back to the mid fifth century that I came across in the school library. It was written by a monk of Fukurokujin, name unknown, called 'The Parting'. It was a treatise on the how and why the tribes of the Yobanjin met and, ultimately, rejected the Kami and what followed." A small, almost shy, smile arose. "It is why I chose to study those people once I was a full samurai. For fiction, there is a charming story about how a young man showed compassion to a very young wolf pup and the way that wolf returned the favor in kind once grown. For philosophy? One cannot argue with the Tao, it being a classic. Very unoriginal of me, I am afraid."

Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"I don't care for war either, but there is much in Leadership that can apply elsewhere. Akodo-no-Kami spoke very eloquently on things like loyalty and the right way to lead those who look to you that can work just as well in a Court. All the works are like that."

He frowned at her next question, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"That is a difficult question. For purely scholastic purposes, there is a book dating back to the mid fifth century that I came across in the school library. It was written by a monk of Fukurokujin, name unknown, called 'The Parting'. It was a treatise on the how and why the tribes of the Yobanjin met and, ultimately, rejected the Kami and what followed." A small, almost shy, smile arose. "It is why I chose to study those people once I was a full samurai. For fiction, there is a charming story about how a young man showed compassion to a very young wolf pup and the way that wolf returned the favor in kind once grown. For philosophy? One cannot argue with the Tao, it being a classic. Very unoriginal of me, I am afraid."

"Hm, that sounds interesting... perhaps I should take a look sometime." She picked up her cup, but was silent while she thought.

"Oh? That sounds something certainly interesting... perhaps you could lend a version to me? It seems like something that an Ide would be interested in." She tilted her head and smiled. "Well, it is a classic for a reason Asako-san. I wouldn't fret. And that story sounds wonderful, also something I should read someday. Does Ichiro have a favorite story?"
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:15 pm

"He doesn't read yet, so he has to rely on the stories I can tell him, plus the youth's version of the Tao, which I've put up for loan.

Now there was no mistaking it; Hirase was flustered, rubbing the back of his neck.

"His favorite story is one I made up based on something I was told one of the Yobanjin tribes do. It's rare I let my work turn to non-fiction, but occassionally something sparks my fancy. What I dare not put in a treatise, I share with my son."

Asako Hirase

Previous

Return to Western Yurts