[D7 EM] Close Combat

Re: [D7 EM] Close Combat

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Flustered, and still gasping for breath the young Iuchi rose to his knees, leaning to his hands as he did so. "Well done, Tomoe-san. The blood of Ki-Rin must flow in you..." he jested, offering her a slightly pained smile.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:54 pm

'"I do not think," Yue started, before she started watching the tickle match. She leaned in next to Yuuru and whispered, "Is that appropriate?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm

"Sorry... are you hurt?" she looked a little concerned, noting his pained smile. "I didn't mean to..."

A little flustered, Tomoe turned her gaze away from Dong-Ha, only to notice Yuuru looking in their direction with that monkey-smirk on his face. And how long have you been standing there and watching you... you... baka!
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm

He chuckled, "Depends. The tickling was kinda cute."

Yuuru turned to Yue, "Excuse me just a second."

Without moving from where he stood he stomped his foot and whistled then clapped his hands, "Good show! Well done!"

He smiled to the two competitors and then turned back to Yue. "Silly kids... so many spirits running through their veins."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 pm

*cough* "Just a bit... winded.* Dong-Ha gasped, trying to draw in some sorely needed air. "I'll live." Slowly, his breathing grew easier. Pulling himself into a proper sitting position, the young Iuchi offered his opponent a proper bow. "Well done Tomoe-san. Next time it'll be you teaching me."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Tomoe didn't glare at Yuuru, because that was unladylike, but her thoughts on the other hand were rather unladylike, involving projectile shelled creatures thrown at high velocity at his smirking face.

"Thank you, Dong-Ha-san... It would seem Matsu-sama's teaching had been more effective than I had expected at first," she smiled and returned the bow to her opponent. "It was a hard-fought victory."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He chuckled, "Depends. The tickling was kinda cute."

Yuuru turned to Yue, "Excuse me just a second."

Without moving from where he stood he stomped his foot and whistled then clapped his hands, "Good show! Well done!"

He smiled to the two competitors and then turned back to Yue. "Silly kids... so many spirits running through their veins."

Yue shrugged. She was in no position to judge. "We were speaking on the matter of horseback riding. Hikazume does not mind who she teaches. I extend the offer again."

Is he treating this like a gift?
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:13 pm

He smiled, "Very well. I gratefully accept, as long as it isn't a burden to you or your steed."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Tomoe didn't glare at Yuuru, because that was unladylike, but her thoughts on the other hand were rather unladylike, involving projectile shelled creatures thrown at high velocity at his smirking face.

"Thank you, Dong-Ha-san... It would seem Matsu-sama's teaching had been more effective than I had expected at first," she smiled and returned the bow to her opponent. "It was a hard-fought victory."

"Thank you." replied, gingerly standing up. "Matsu-san has indeed done well. Please pass my regards to him." he noted that the Lion had a reason to be proud of his lessons. "Maybe I should get some lessons from him as well." The idea, while good, would prove rather impractical. By the time the Lady-Sun laid to rest, he'd have his hands full of problems.

"We should try this again at some point, neh?" Dong-Ha smiled hopefully.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled, "Very well. I gratefully accept, as long as it isn't a burden to you or your steed."

"It is not a burden for either of us." She smirked. "Hikazume may try to fool you but do not listen to her. However, I advise that you bring her treats for the lesson."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 pm

"If you're up for it, I'd be happy to go another round before this miai is over," she said with a cheerful smile. "Thank you for the lesson before our match too. I think it helped me a great deal in figuring out how to overcome someone bigger or stronger than myself."

Not that she was Small-small like some of the other girls around here, but Tomoe didn't exactly have a big frame to work with.

"Now I almost hope the Moto will test us in something like this. I might even have a chance now!"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 pm

"You are too kind." Dong-Ha shook his head, flustered. "I am the one who needs guidance here." his cheeks reddened a little. I had to lose to her... she must think I suck... What kind of man lost to a small girl? "Great, it's agreed then." Thought of rematch returned the smile to his face.

"I kinda expect they will. They love it.. and are pretty good at it," Her assumption seemed reasonable. "Though be careful, I'm lightweight compared to some of them."

Figuring that their bout was over, Dong-Ha moved to stretch his arms to ensure that they wouldn't hurt the following day. "So, what kind of story you plan to tell today?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Tomoe followed him to the side, so that the floor could be open for the next bout that might happen between Kumahime and Baatar.

"I've prepared notes on the Battle of White Stag. A battle resulting from the Empire's first encounter with gaijin. Are you familiar with it?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm

"I cannot say I am." he shook his head. "What kind of gaijin those were and where they came from?" Dong-Ha inquired, curious. He had seen many tribes during the Unicorn's sojourn, but none had admitted meeting samurai before. "And how long ago it happened?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:
Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled, "Very well. I gratefully accept, as long as it isn't a burden to you or your steed."

"It is not a burden for either of us." She smirked. "Hikazume may try to fool you but do not listen to her. However, I advise that you bring her treats for the lesson."

He smiled, "What does she like?"

He paused for a moment before asking, "And what does her master like?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo