D1 LM Niten Style (Open)

Re: D1 LM Niten Style (Open)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Like her words, Liu Fei hid none of the unfamiliarity with this particular custom from her expression, "Is that a custom normal of men and women meeting privately, or because of this Miai?" she asked with not the childish wonder but unsurprisingly her tone held more of an adult need to understand the world she found herself in now.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:21 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Like her words, Liu Fei hid none of the unfamiliarity with this particular custom from her expression, "Is that a custom normal of men and women meeting privately, or because of this Miai?" she asked with not the childish wonder but unsurprisingly her tone held more of an adult need to understand the world she found herself in now.

He knew that this would be a difficult discussion but he exercised patience.

"It is a normal custom. That is not to say that there are those who do meet alone despite how it may look to others. There is of course this event that we are all here for. As you are the host clan, I would not want you to be in a position of being uncomfortable and neither do I want you to feel that I am...not taking you seriously." he gave an implied look on that last bit, but he wanted her to know that his interest in her was of pure intent and nothing less.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:32 pm

"Ah HAH!" Hanashi jabbed forward then leaped back, fighting an invisible enemy, as part of a bit of distraction, for the deadliest part of a katana had never been the point.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:55 am

"I don't think tha-" she started but was given pause by the sudden enthusiastic approach to training nearby, enough time for her to think a little more on it and, "That.. that would be alright, Bayushi-sama. How should this go? Am I supposed to bring someone or do you arrange for another to be present? Would not want for it to appear you are taking me any less seriously than you very well should be."
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:06 am

He nodded enjoying the display before him he had wished he could be that skilled. He could hear a voice in the back of his mind say that, that could be him had he learned to put the fan down sometime. Suteichi returned his attention to Liu Fei.

"I would have one there as you would as well. I have no reason to take you any less than your honor and station demands. It is why since I made the first promise to spar, I will engage you in the activity in the morning. We can retell our tale that evening over tea." he finally looked directly at her.

"I hope that is sufficient enough sincerity of the seriousness of your person."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:20 am

"It would appear so," she said, but seemed to have a slight reservation to her tone.

Anyway, it didn't seem to matter much as she continued to be sure to clarify something further for herself,"Then for the one I am to bring my sister should be able to perform as my... chaperone," she hesitated on the word finding it rather odd to having her younger sister possibly chaperoning her for something as seemingly simple as tea, but if this was the way things were normally done best to get used to it now.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:24 am

Meeting that family so soon?!...

He gave a slight amused look as she said chaperone.

"Fair enough, I will have my sempai, join us."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:31 am

"Tomorrow then?" she asked, tone showing how this question remained once again in the realm of what was supposed to be done. Searching for those subtle differences in what was customary.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:34 am

"Hai." he replied simply. "I am very much looking forward to this. We are doing this Bariuq in the morning then?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:38 am

"Correct, Bariqu," she repeated the word for his benefit. "There is an attire normally associated with it but just wear your most comfortable clothing, nothing that will fall apart with a little roughness."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:50 am

Suteichi nodded, his smile showed a little more.

"I shall dress for...stress then." he joked. "Tell me, what style is this that your honored clansman is doing?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:01 am

A quick sidestep and a low cut, then straight parry. Then Hanashi returns to his feet and starts anew, a frown upon his face. Something wasn't right in the pattern.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:07 am

"Similar to my own, but styled for use of the sword," she said, turning more properly so that she too was now watching Hanashi. "I am not giving away any Clan secrets by telling you it is a defensive style. It is ours though, taught to almost all Shinjo Bushi."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:14 am

"I would not expect you to give away secrets Shinjo-sama. I asked out of curiosity and you helped me understand." Suteichi again inclined his head closer to her to whisper.

"I have other curiosities about you as I am sure you have them about me and I look forward in helping one another achieve understanding."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:32 am

There was a slight pause between the whisper and her response, the first she left normal to maintain the appearance of proper conversation, "Shinjo lead the Unicorn, and we are doing what we can to return home properly. Helping you understand us is my pleasure Bayushi-sama."

However, in a lower more reserved voice there was no trepidation toward teasingly coy, "I wonder what curiosities you might be referring to, and what makes you so sure I have them in regards to you as well."

Liu Fei let a brief, cunning smirk pass across her lips.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo