D6 EE Aspiring Asako Attention Assuaged (OPEN)

Re: D6 EE Aspiring Asako Attention Assuaged (OPEN)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:57 am

Fei gave a short nod, one that showed her agreement, but she did not waste words on what didn't need it. Instead, she focused on something that had inspired a noticeable spark of interest as her brow raised at it's mention, "Topaz Championship? I do not believe that was among the things I have heard of yet. It is a martial display of some kind?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:52 am

"It is a competitive Gempukku ceremony hosted by the Kakita Academy where all Clans are welcome to send their most promising youths. While there one is tested in all manner of skills both martial and courtly. Those who succeed the first two days participate in an iaijutsu tournament on the third day. The winner of the tournament is declared The Topaz Champion for one year, they will carry the honor and armor of that position for that time. Many travel to witness the event so in that sense it is a martial display, for the competitors it is even more so." Kaizen explained and Ichiro grinned likely thinking of attending himself one day.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:31 pm

"Is the Topaz Champion just a title or a position as well?" she asked, brow raised.

"What do Topaz Champions usually do after they are named?"
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:53 pm

It seemed odd to Kaizen he had never considered such questions. He thought briefly on how to answer that specifically, "More a title Shinjo-san that comes with no specific position. Topaz Champions are often recruited into the Imperial Legions at varying ranks depending upon their performance. They are also recruited as yoriki to Emerald Magistrates. Sometimes they serve positions within their own Clan. I imagine it depends on the Champion themselves on how they are evaluated during the event. Their skills would be evident as well as their capacity to deal socially with their peers and superiors among other Clans and Imperials. It can elevate one to a path not normally open to someone of that age. Even those who do not become Champion can often find themselves recruited into the Legions so long as they demonstrate the skills required."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 pm

"Interesting," she commented before proceeding. Fei's interest into this matter, at current, seemed to eclipse mostly everything else. "And you had participated in one of these Topaz Championships yourself Shiba-sama? Quite the offer. Would it be inappropriate to ask how you performed?" she paused, wanting to be sure it was understood, "How did you place?"
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:23 pm

"Hai, last year I was honored to participate. I managed to make it to my third iaijutsu match where I was defeated by Mirumoto Gyouza-san who in the previous days exercises showed to be quite masterful in kenjutsu many of my peers had quite spectacular bruises delivered by his skillful hands." Kaizen grinned with the memory.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:33 pm

"A well earned placement and a loss you can understand and accept, hard to want for more," she commented on that note.

"Well. Thank you for the conversation Shiba-sama," she looked down to Ichiro with a light smile, "little Ichiro. But it is probably best I let you get back to teaching this young man some manners, or whatever else he might need. While I have somewhere I should be."

Fei bows to them both, naturally a bit more so to Kaizen as she added in a, "Thank you, for the information you have provided me Shiba-sama."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Mon May 01, 2017 9:38 am

Kaizen bowed respectfully and Ichiro did more deeply and with greater haste, "My thanks to you Shinjo-san. As for this young one he will be heading back to his Father soon. The lesson can continue as we return to our lodgings, though teaching manners may be a bit beyond me. It may be better for us both if I just allow him to question me as he will find in a dojo plenty of time to be questioned and lectured. Carry the Fortunes Shinjo-san."
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 01, 2017 2:35 pm

"Carry the Fortunes Shiba-sama," she returned, though for her it was clear she had just been copying the phrase from him when she felt it's meaning. Bowing in parting she began to make sure she was leaving nothing behind.

"Good luck little Ichiro," she said to the little one with a light smile before finally walking off to make her

/exit
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Previous

Return to Calm Heart Dojo