Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Re: Day 2 [Early Evening] Test Your Might

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:11 pm

"I'm a trained healer, Yuzuki-san. It's a natural concern for me," she managed a wry smile at that and made sure to step out of the way of those who were going to use the floor for more wrestling.

Tomoe at least had the forethought enough to always carry her healer's kit with her, especially after what happened last night with the Oni attack. Who knew when others would be in need of healing again...

As she found some of the ointment that would easen the pain to Yuzuki's muscles, she gave a curious look to the Mantis. "... You certainly are a headstrong one."

She glanced a little over in the direction of Nintoku, momentarily meeting his gaze as he looked in Yuzuki's direction. He was next.

---

D2 EE Medicine/Intelligence for Yuzuki. 1 raise. TN 20: 6d10o10k4 28
D2 EE Medicine healing for Yuzuki.: 2d10o10k1 6
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:16 pm

She shrugged as Tomoe commented on the strength of her head.

"Couldn't back down with what he said. So I didn't."

Yuzuki then proceeded to scratch her nose, as Tomoe finished up.

"I satisfied my honor by seeing it through. That's all. Thanks for the medical attention."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:21 pm

The Matsu met the Usagi gaze and almost immediately looked away, a small blush tinting his cheeks and a frown adorning his face. Why was she looking at him?

He looked at the Ide "We were talking about today's trial, correct?" he said as his wits returned to him "You know my secret today was remembering a few books about military ciphers and just applying that to the trial at hand."

He knew it was an extremely dull topic but at least that would keep his mind in track.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Tomoe considered saying something like 'no shame in conceding' or 'no shame in losing', but she knew well enough the story of both Kaimetsu-Uo and Gusai to reconsider. All these Mantis in history had been rather headstrong and not ones to choose an easy and honorable way out.

"Unh, you're welcome, Yuzuki-san. Let me know if you feel any uncomforts after a night's rest."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:25 pm

"Doesn't feel like it should cause me any trouble, but thanks, I'll keep it in mind." She gave the Usagi a bow of the head.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:He lowered his head in gratitude at her words "You honor me with those words."

His eyes shifted back to the Mantis before turning down to his right leg. Her hit had managed to bruise him and later he was certain it would be as purple as an Unicorn yurt.

She followed his gaze and her lips compressed together, she raised her fan. "I hope you have not be injured by the brash Mantis."

Matsu Nintoku wrote:He looked at the Ide "We were talking about today's trial, correct?" he said as his wits returned to him "You know my secret today was remembering a few books about military ciphers and just applying that to the trial at hand."

Her eyes showed that she thought the topic was far from dull, "strong of body and mind as well. Your adaptability is great credit to your training."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 pm

"Don't worry" he reassured her "It is nothing grave and it is perfectly normal for these kind of combats."

He blushed slightly at her compliment "Well..." he cleared his throat "As I told one of your clansmates, the Lion might not be as well traveled as the Unicorn but we are perhaps just as flexible and adaptive as they are." there was a hint of pride for his Clan "Battle is an ever changing setting and we are experts are adapting to it and reaping victory after victory."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Tomoe returned the gesture. "I should take a look at your opponent as well... it is only fair," she smiled wryly and whispered to Yuzuki for only her to hear, with a raised hand to her mouth, before withdrawing, "and make sure I'm not accidentally insulting him.". There was a sly humour in her eyes as she bowed once more and picked up her box of medicine.

That look of course was replaced with her usual bright inquisitive shine as she approached Nintoku and Amaya, bowing and awaiting for their acknowledgement.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Yuki let out a sigh of relief as the matter seemed to resolve with relatively little violence. Still, this was all getting to be a bit much for her and the Phoenix maiden made a quiet exit from the dojo.

/exit
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 pm

The Matsu noticed the Usagi approaching and narrowed his eyes remembering yesterday's conversation. He greeted her politely in acknowledgement.

"Usagi-san." he said in a polite tone "I hope today finds you well." he then gestured to the Ide "This here is Ide Amaya. Ide-san this here is Usagi Tomoe, storyteller of the Hare."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Saksaha frowns at the combatants. Now this, this wasn't at all in the spirit of the bariqu. She can't make out much of the conversation, but she wonders what Nintoku thinks he's playing at. He'd managed to repair the first impression he'd made yesterday, somewhat, but her estimation of his grasp of Courtesy is rapidly sliding downward again.

"Well... I hope you enjoyed this impromptu lesson in Matsu aggression and Mantis obstinance." Yuuru said with a smirk.

"Both played their parts to perfection."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:43 pm

"Ide-san," the Hare bowed. "It's good to meet under some better circumstances. I never got the chance to properly thank you for the tea this morning."

Oh right. Getting side-tracked. Or did the Matsu try to control the conversation on purpose. Tomoe cleared her throat a little. "Matsu-sama, allow me to see to your injuries, as I did for Yuzuki-san."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Bowing to the Hare, "I apologise for not introducing myself at the time, and wish this one could have done more to be of assistance," yet Matsu's expression was not lost on her and she couldn't help but wonder.

"Please, Mastu-Sama, allow Usagi-Sama to ease your aches, that you might feel more comfortable to tell me more of your Clan, until it is time to face off with Butaj-San. I am eager to hear more."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:57 pm

The Matsu stared blankly at the Usagi "Wounds?" he shrugged "I don't have any wounds Usagi-san."

He turned to the Ide, taking his hand to his forehead in feigned surprise "Oh that wound." he said dismissing her concerns with a hand waive "Don't worry Usagi-san its a minor bruise. Nothing serious."

"My clan?" he turned back to face the Ide "Well, what do you want to know?"
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:03 pm

"You have demonstrated today that you possess strength and restraint, and that you are agile of mind, but your scars," she blushed to remember his disrobed torso, and fanned herself lightly, "show that there are still other skills undiscovered. Do you sport in other martial arenas?"

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo