[D7 EM] Close Combat

Re: [D7 EM] Close Combat

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:She placed the arm back at her side. "I will get to experience more of your cuisine. It is unfortunate that I cannot extend the same to you." Yue smirked. "You can ask my sister about my cooking."

"Oh? Not much of a cook?" He asked with a half-smile.

The Shinjo woman shook her head. "Iie. It is also difficult for me to prepare ingredients." She shrugged. "We all have our duties, Soshi-san," she sad with a smirk.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:52 pm

As Kumahime seizes Baatar's wrist, the young Unicorn readily switches to unarmed fighting. It's clear to her that he has some experience with grappling, and enough strength to back it up. But he seems unfamiliar with more advanced techniques, and the woman's superior size makes it difficult for him to gain control of the fight.

"Oof," Baatar said at last, conceding the match. "Nice fighting. Proud Bear must be a strong spirit. You, uh, seem much better fed than the other easterner women I've seen. Where are you from?"

--
Based on your description, I'm gonna assume you can beat (but not roflstomp) a generic bushi with Strength 3, Jujitsu 1. :)
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:26 pm

He smiled, "I suppose that might be difficult. You still are able to do a great deal though, especially wield the weapon you do with only one arm... impressive."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:43 am

"I have heard that many times," Yue said with a smile. "It is not so impressive among the Moto. After all, it is their technique." She cupped her chin. "I wonder if people still expect me to ride out into the field and demonstrate my skills. I fought against the orochi."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:47 am

He tilted his head, "I don't think there is that expectation."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:59 am

The Shinjo let out a small chuckle. "I had promised a few guests that I would do so, Soshi-san," she explained, "However, some of them were not present at the battle."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:00 am

He nodded, "We all owe you a bit of gratitude for your efforts there. I'm sorry to hear about your kinsman. We all thank you and your people for the sacrifice."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:17 am

"It was my duty," she said, putting it plainly. "I saw the monster and I charged out to battle alongside my fellow samurai. Otaku-nikutai's loss is felt but we cannot dishonor her sacrifice by dwelling on it."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:22 am

He nodded, "We are appreciative nonetheless."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:32 am

Moto Baatar wrote:As Kumahime seizes Baatar's wrist, the young Unicorn readily switches to unarmed fighting. It's clear to her that he has some experience with grappling, and enough strength to back it up. But he seems unfamiliar with more advanced techniques, and the woman's superior size makes it difficult for him to gain control of the fight.

"Oof," Baatar said at last, conceding the match. "Nice fighting. Proud Bear must be a strong spirit. You, uh, seem much better fed than the other easterner women I've seen. Where are you from?"

--
Based on your description, I'm gonna assume you can beat (but not roflstomp) a generic bushi with Strength 3, Jujitsu 1. :)

((Strength 3, Jiujutsu 3 with an emphasis in grappling and a +1k0 to grappling from my school. Plus Large and Hands of Stone, not that those help grapple. So, yeah. Able to beat Baatar pretty reliably, but it's no curb stomp.))

Kumahime releases the Moto from a pin, impressed both by his fighting and his manners. He put up a good fight, did his best to escape her hold, and gave up at an appropriate time. And though she is in no way shy about her size, 'well fed,' is an amusing description.

"The strongest," she corrects, regarding her grandmaster. "Proud Bear warriors are the largest and the strongest of the Kitsune! And between you and me, the kitchens of Proud Bear dojo are one of the unsung wonders of the Fox. Our home is the sacred Kitsune Mori, greatest forest in all of the Empire, which we protect and nurture." Kumahime is never one to shy away from boasting of her clan and dojo.
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:32 pm

"I've heard of the Kitsune Mori, but I've never heard of the kitchens of Proud Bear," the young Moto admitted. "How are they so wondrous? Do they have the best cooks there? What do you eat to get that big?"

Baatar looked like he might be thinking it'd be quite nice to be big enough to overpower enemies with his bare hands.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:35 pm

Here is a curious one. "Oh, nothing so grand; but the simple task of keeping up with the appetites of so many of us is a grand feat. Students take turns helping in the kitchen, and many times, it's more exhausting than the training! A very efficient operation, with much larger, heavier cookware than you see in most of Rokugan, so it relies on strong students helping with the cooking. Any of us would sooner work to exhaustion than go to our brothers and sisters and say we failed to prepare them a worthy meal!"

"Eggs and root vegetables feature prominently in our food, as well as various other vegetables, game animals and fish- usually caught by hand as part of training- and, of course, rice, usually prepared in a stewing method, to make the most of available supplies. Also, a lot of mushrooms. Less because they help us grow, and more because we have a lot of them and they go well in a hearty stew. But more important than what we eat is the hibernation method; our largest meal of the day is always immediately before we retire for the evening, turning the energy of our meal inward, rather than outward, that we might grow larger and stronger for the next day's training."
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Previous

Return to Calm Heart Dojo