Lesson Number One (Day 4, Late Morning)

Re: Lesson Number One (Day 4, Late Morning)

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Hai. I cannot think of a bushi who has never fallen." Yue continued to help with organizing the bokken. "I may try to wrestle with my sister tomorrow," she mused. "I believe I may do well with your techniques, Taira-dono."

"They may surprise her, that is certain."

Taira couldn't hide his mirth, letting slip a baritone chuckle. "Don't expect to have them all down pat by then... maybe stick to the core of what I showed you."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:56 pm

"Hai. I am proud. I am not arrogant," she said with a bright smile. She then tilted her head and peered at him. "Did you teach anyone before, Taira-dono?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:04 am

"No, I have not. I hope I didn't meander too long."

As the bokken were back on the rack, he adjusted a few, until they were all lined up evenly, and then turned back to the dojo.

"Still, I think you are making progress, in spite of me."

Perhaps that was a little... playful. Not too serious.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:13 am

"'In spite of you,' Taira-dono?" Yue repeated. She gave him a deep bow. "You are a good teacher, Taira-dono. I am honored that you have dedicated time to teach me."

Clearly she was taking it more seriously than he intended.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:14 am

Waving a hand, he demurred, "You misunderstand, Liu Yue-hime... it is Scorpion humor. We turn to self-effacing jokes, when others are not providing us targets for satire."

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 am

And the Moto was gone, she had better things to do.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 am

Yue let out a laugh of her own. "Then I am glad I am not a target of satire, Taira-dono." She stretched out her back to readjust after that earlier behavior. "Has a subject thrown you before, Taira-dono?" she asked out of curiosity.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:24 am

"I've taken my share of tumbles. In and out of the dojo."

He sighed. "The dumbest was the man who punched my face while I was trying to sew his leg up. I just applied pressure to the wound and he passed out."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:43 am

Yue smiled weakly at the story. She was about to open her mouth and speak in Mekhem but she realized the point would be moot. After a few moments of deliberation, she slowly enunciated, "Do not hit the hand that feeds you."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:48 am

"Yeah, or the face that belongs to the man holding your bits in."

Taira sighed.

"You'd be amazed what people can think to try when they get desperate. This fool would have just paid a fine, before he started the fight. Lost his life because he couldn't keep his head." He paused, then chuckled. "Sorry, Scorpion humor again."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 am

Keep his head. Well obviously if he lost it he'd be dead.

Oh! Right. I hope I get better at Rokugani soon...

Yue simply nodded. "Sometimes people make poor decisions, Taira-dono." She suddenly began to laugh when a thought came to mind. "However, if his plan worked then we would call him bold!"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:04 am

"Hai... but it was long odds. There were three other yoriki just a few paces away."

Taira contemplated that, crossing his arms. "Actually... maybe that was why he tried it. Shugoku had just come back from dock duty... it had been a rough night... he did look like jigoku on legs..."

Coming back to the present, Taira added, "Regardless... I'm glad you were able to take something from my teachings. I hope you will be able to surprise you sister tomorrow."

Soshi Taira

Previous

Return to Calm Heart Dojo