[D1EM] Bright and Early (Open)

Re: [D1EM] Bright and Early (Open)

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:35 am

Taichi notes the Kaiu's gaze, and raises the shield slightly. "Oh, this? Some of the lands outside of the Empire use these in combat to protect oneself. My mother trained me in its use."

A short pause, Taichi looking a little deflated. "I have found to be less effective on foot than while mounted." ...and then he perked back up again "But I'm sure that I shall master it eventually. Develop my own style." His eyes glazed over just a little, imagining his future as a master sensei.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:16 pm

"Hmm..." Hiroji appears thoughtful for a moment. "Yes. It does seem like it could be of some use in a defensive battle... Well let us hope you develop a good technique for it. We crab would be eternally in your debt if you'd find it in your heart to teach it to us some day."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:25 pm

"Such knowledge I would be most willing to share my friend. I have seen a little of your lands, and hold great respect for the service you clan does for the empire. I think this is an opinion that all those in my clan likely share."

Now it was Taichi's turn to look thoughtful "Though I thought your clan was more trained in the use of... larger weapons. I think that the two together may prove... unwieldy. Why, you even duel with tetsubos! The strength of the Crab is marvelous."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:"Such knowledge I would be most willing to share my friend. I have seen a little of your lands, and hold great respect for the service you clan does for the empire. I think this is an opinion that all those in my clan likely share."

Now it was Taichi's turn to look thoughtful "Though I thought your clan was more trained in the use of... larger weapons. I think that the two together may prove... unwieldy. Why, you even duel with tetsubos! The strength of the Crab is marvelous."

Hiroji nods. "Thank you Shinjo-san. It is true we prefer larger weapons, I myself prefer the Masakari, but some of my clansmen prefer lighter weapons. And one cannot overstate the value of a good defensive technique."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:05 am

Ah! someone that understands! Take that, all you people smiling behind your fans.

"Indeed. It is difficult to land a good strike when you're dead after all."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:48 am

She listened, and she nodded. "I may not wield a large weapon, but i move quickly, in hopes of being too quick to strike," Tsukimi nodded.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Taichi turned to the smaller woman "Also a good strategy. Be the Wall, or be the wind, as it were." He looked quite proud of that.

"Of course you could also do as the Shiotome do and be the thunder. You don't need to defend if your opponent is lying trampled in the sand." Taichi, master tactician.
Shinjo Taichi

Previous

Return to Calm Heart Dojo