Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Re: Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Udo smiles. "Yes! I did, but I did not know what it was called. There were many people speaking of many interesting things during dinner, there was nary a moment to speak of the food."

"Kumis. Hmm. A fine drink. I thought dinner was quite good; the Unicorn make excellent hosts."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:42 pm

“What interested you the most?” she asks.

“Food was good I liked the sea bugs… the chrimpu, it was all very tasty. What do the Dragon eat? You live in mountains right? Got some good lamb and goats up there?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:46 pm

"We do live in the mountains, and we eat what we can. There are some goats, certainly some I've eaten. I would be picky about food if I had the luxury, but the Dragon are not a luxurious people." He thinks about it for a time.

"There was a meat there that I enjoyed, though to my own shame I think I more enjoyed the reaction of some other clans that were less accustomed to things like goat."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:51 pm

“They don’t know what they are missing,” she chuckles.

“Taking enjoyment from the misery of others is always a fun thing. So are the Dragon at war with any of the clans or are they peaceful like the Phoenix?”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:58 pm

"One is not supposed to find enjoyment in the misery of others... but one lives lives of far greater complexity than one expresses." He paused and looked closely at Khulun. "Well, great complexity than MOST express." He smiles.

"We are peaceful, for the most part. It is more about being withdrawn more... the mountains will do that to you. Though, of late, many of the ise zumi have been wandering the world, so who knows. Maybe we will be more involved soon." Udo shrugs.

"Like all Clans, we have those we prefer and those we don't. I'm sure you'll figure that all out soon enough. At the miai, though, I guess it's far more personal... but it's always about the Clan, too. Who knows, maybe our Clans will be united more closely by this."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:02 pm

“Why do your people wander? What are they looking for?” she asks thoughtfully.

“Well just tell me what you prefer, Dragon.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:10 pm

"We wander for wisdom. Our new Champion is young, so it is imperative that we ensure our Champion has the knowledge and advice needed to make good decisions. So we wander to better ourselves." Udo was partially lying, but he did it like a flippin' champ.

"Me, I wander for a wife. You could say I'm on my own hunt." He says with a smirk.

"What I prefer is honest people, moments of solitude, and an inclination toward self-reflection over judgement."

He sighs. "Plainly? I don't tend to like those who are too obsessed with the honor of others, or those that are hiding from even themselves. What about you, what do you prefer? I imagine you have some first impressions."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:29 pm

“How long have you been wandering for a wife? You take your journey very seriously, in all this time you have not found a wife to bring back to your mountains?” she says with a shake of her head.

She considers his words and gives her response, “I prefer that people speak plain, I hate when people drone on and on about nothing. I prefer to deal with my problems with strength and I consider family to be most important.”

“I deal with my problems straight on. If I have a problem with you, you will know. I do not hide my emotions I have no time for it. That is my Sincerity. Also I don’t like hypo… hypothe… I don’t like talking about things that are not true as if they are.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:48 pm

"You misunderstand. My hunt for a wife begins here; I only left Dragon lands recently. But, it's also worth noting that not all wives would wish to return to the mountains..."

"I am beginning to understand why you don't like people, Moto-san, though I'd imagine it is easier inside the Unicorn than at this gathering?" Udo thinks for a time. "Have you met any Crab? You might find you quite like their company, and one cannot have too many friends. Why, I had my fortune read just this morning and it told me to gather friends... and I guess here we are." Udo smiles.

"So, tell me, do you speak other languages as some of your kin do?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:53 pm

“No.”

“I know a few words here and there, but never had the tongue for it and really I just enjoyed other things more so than learning the tongues of the other peoples. My place is at the head of a charge not trading words,” she says with a nod.

“If I see a Crab, I’ll be sure to remember your words.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Udo nods. "It does seem you are well suited for it."

"Hmm. I feel I know you enough to be forward with you. If you don't like words or people, do we continue to talk because you enjoy my company?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:11 pm

"I like words that are simple and clean, just be true. Too many people like to fancy up a goose and call it an eagle when it is still just a goose," she says with a laugh.

"You are good company Dragon, maybe tomorrow not so much but for now, it's good."
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 pm

"If you cooked the goose and the eagle and served them to me, I would not know which was which. Perhaps I wouldn't need to know."

Udo shifted. "Speaking of birds... you will talk to someone about the birds that appeared? Surely there's someone who knows more than us."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:33 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:"If you cooked the goose and the eagle and served them to me, I would not know which was which. Perhaps I wouldn't need to know."

“Is that monk wisdom?”
Togashi Udo wrote:Udo shifted. "Speaking of birds... you will talk to someone about the birds that appeared? Surely there's someone who knows more than us."

“I will speak with the Iuchi, they have the wisdom to know such things. What those spirits gave you a scare, Dragon?” she adds with a chuckle.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:29 am

"Bravery is feeling fear and conquering it. That is monk wisdom. Only a fool would be unconcerned about undead birds greeting them, but it is bravery that perseveres to a solution."

"It is getting late, Moto-san, and while I think I would enjoy more conversation, I may need rest in order to impress you again tomorrow."

More info.
Togashi Udo

PreviousNext

Return to Archery Field