Slings and arrows (Day 7, LE)

Re: Slings and arrows (Day 7, LE)

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:27 am

"It is easier to sing well while inspired." Udo shrugs as if that's obvious.

"I am a monk, in that I am dedicated to Shintao and living as a monk, but I am still a samurai. I have not given up my name; I am not retired. It is a different way to look at things. It is probably easiest to think of the Togashi as samurai who emulate monks, though that is a simplification." Udo scratches his chin.

"It's not so easy to explain. Take your yumi, for example. You can explain how to hold it, how to pull the string, and how to aim at the target... but you cannot explain how to hit it. Not in any way that is sufficient. There is a certain point where a samurai's body must do the rest, must know it by instinct." Udo nods to himself. "It is like that. Some things just make sense, or they do not."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:16 pm

She smiled at him, curious and interested. "Tonbo-sama was correct, you are most interesting Togashi-san. What you are describing sounds like how I feel when I ride with Almatar. It is instinctive. We respond to each other as if we are one being, but I do not need to think about what to do, or what to ask her to do."

Her face went to the horse with its rainbow mane before returning to the monk.

"May I ask what Togashi-san is looking for in a partner? Other than one who appreciates his singing and occasional periods of silence?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Udo nods. "You may ask anything you wish, Otaku-sama. I would prefer we know each other as openly as possible."

"Hmm..." Udo thinks for a moment. "I would have to say the number one thing I'm looking for in a partner is that they are a woman of the Unicorn clan." He smiles at his own (terrible) joke.

"Outside of that... Dragon often have the ability to marry for love. It is a nice thing, when it can be done. If I don't know for sure on that, I would say someone who is honorable and believes in duty."

"But I will admit that it is hard to think past the idea of someone I would be happy with. As strange as that can be for a samurai."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon May 01, 2017 11:24 pm

Imane couldn't help but smile at Udo's terrible joke. "Well at least now I know for sure that I am number one to someone. It sounds as though the Unicorn and Dragon have this idea in common, about happiness I mean."

She smiled and looked out across the archery targets. "I must also consider the needs of my clan, in that making the right alliance might be more important than my happiness. I would like to think that this is not mutually exclusive however. Honour and Duty are important to all Shiotome Togashi-san."

A curious expression crossed her face. "What is it that brings you joy Togashi-san?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Togashi Udo on Tue May 02, 2017 10:03 am

"I find joy in meditating. In good conversation. In spending time in the world." He thinks for a bit. "I'd say that, in some ways, it is easy to find joy. The trick is in keeping it. What about you?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Otaku Imane on Wed May 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Now that was a question for which she did not need to think long about her answer.

"Riding my Almatar, getting lost in music or dance, combat training. These are my favourite things Togashi-san."

She paused for reflection. " 'Spending time in the world.' I like this expression. I have heard Togashi Udo mentioned by several people, it is nice to meet you. May I ask which of my cousins or sisters has captured your attention in the past few days?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu May 04, 2017 2:10 am

"All of the Unicorn I have met have captured my attention to some extent or another. I would say that Iuchi Saksaha has proved to be the one I feel closest too so far. But, I knew that my attention would be captured by you, as well, since everyone has been most kind and interesting."

"Do you make the music you get lost in?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu May 04, 2017 5:15 pm

She wasn't exactly sure how that was intended to come across, but the man had sung for her so she gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"Iuchi Saksaha? I believe we meet a few days ago, she seems an interesting person though I admit I do not know my Iuchi cousins very well. Do you wish to take a wife home with you to Dragon lands then?"

The question about the music seemed to please her. "Often, yes. But there is something about getting lost in the music of another. Music you did not expect. I find it quite fulfilling."
Otaku Imane

Previous

Return to Archery Field