[Day 2 - Early Morning] Entertainment for the Kami

Re: [Day 2 - Early Morning] Entertainment for the Kami

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:33 am

"Even if it is something I learn eventually, I would very much welcome your expert perspective when it comes to anything you've learned from the Unicorn, Seppun-sama. It's unlikely that we'll learn everything in 10 days. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll be able to learn enough to share with others and spread awareness to the rest of the Empire."

"Thank you very much for your kind wishes." She giggled abashedly. "I do hope so! Even in a marriage that might not have true love found in it, sometimes a complementary match can be found where friendship may happen?"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:38 am

"This sounds like a good idea; a sharing of knowledge current and future would be both educational and enjoyable I think" Hideo smiled at that "I shall let you know the opinions of the foods I come across today for example. Learning what the Unicorn would consider a good marriage will be useful also. I wonder on love though...were the marriages in the sands as political as ours?" He mused "I would assume so, but I cannot say for certain."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:09 pm

"Do you mean between the Unicorn? Perhaps...?" She answered, but was entirely unsure. "Even with just one Clan to contend with, I would imagine that there were still politics between families. Or not, since they have to band together and there was little room for actual negotiation or leverage. It would be too strange to leave room for bad blood in your own Clan..."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 am

Hideo shook his head "not just between the Unicorn. I would imagine by those I have seen that the Unicorn marriages extended beyond to the gaijin they met with in the hundreds of years of travel. The Moto are a true example of that. I'm sure they also had interclan marriages, but this is something I would need to ask and learn about."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 pm

"They included other gaijin, too?" She muses curiously with concern. The Moto were something she knew about, but she didn't think of the possibility that some of them could have more than foreign Moto blood in their family line. "I suppose that's a possibility. Nevertheless! They are samurai now, included by Shinjo-Kami. We can't exactly overrule the wisdom of a Kami, now can we?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:26 am

"I cannot say" Hideo shook his head "please forgive me if I gave that impression, it was scholarly musings more than anything. They must have met many different races, the Moto included, and we cannot say how those meets would have gone until we ask, neh? They are all samurai now, and Shinjo-kami in her infinite wisdom welcomed them. It is not our place to question the kami as you say. It makes for a curious thought on lineage though, your husbands ancestry stretch further than any of our minds can imagine."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:08 pm

"That's seems like a conversation for much later, if at all!" She chuckled. "If you look at the big picture too much, and you're likely to miss the things in front of you, like the Unicorn's individual personality and the like. I think I'd rather learn such things than who their ancestors are...on first impression, at least."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

"Perhaps I do overthinks things Bayushi-san" Hideo chuckled "it's my scholarly nature to wish to know more, even at this early stage. You're right though, I should focus more on the samurai here and the miai instead of everything about the Unicorn."

He smiled.

"And with that, I should begin my day. Thank you Bayushi-san for the quite wonderful conversation. I'm sure the Unicorn will welcome someone of your talents and skills. May the Fortunes watch over you" he bowed.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:18 am

"I don't fault you for overthinking things, Seppun-sama," she chuckled along with him. "It is indeed something to consider during our time here. It's such an immense learning experience and I imagine that many of our kin wish to take our place...but we're also ultimately here for marriage than just a scholarly experience. I'm sure you'll find some knowledge and there!"

She bowed deeply, "And thank you for chatting with me! I'm also glad to have your audience too. Carry the Fortunes, Seppun-sama!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:40 am

"We will all learn much by the end of this I'm sure" Hideo nodded "Take care, and I'm sure we will speak again before this miai is over."

With that, Hideo made his

/exit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:06 pm

With Hideo gone, she found her place once more with her dance and restarted her dance offering to the kami. The light chiming of bells might have been heard in the distance.

/scene

Bayushi Hotaru

Previous

Return to Archery Field