If you can swim, can you ride? (Day 3, expecting, LM)

Re: If you can swim, can you ride? (Day 3, expecting, LM)

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Taira chuckled.

"I suppose that makes sense."

Rocking back on his heels, he contemplated the experience of the unicorn so far. "One hopes the rest of the learning process won't be so... eventful."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:02 pm

The Shinjo gave a tentative smirk. "Do not Regret what happened, Taira-dono. Also, it made you stand out in memory." She gave a nervous giggle, hoping to prove that it was a jest in good faith. "The rest of the lesson went smoothly. I am sure you will learn enough to impress any Unicorn."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:16 pm

"Provided we set the bar low enough, I'm sure I will."

A jest at his own expense.

"One hopes to set the bar a little higher when we practice in my own field, mm?"

He glanced toward the dojo. "Would tomorrow suit you?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:24 pm

"The 'bar,'" she mused, translating the metaphor in her head. She then smiled. "One should not expect you or other suitors to be master horse riders. Natural ability will be the most impressive, Taira-dono." She lowered her eyes and giggled. "I will not tell others of your fall."

She then looked over to the dojo. "Hai." Her eyes fluttered as she thought of another matter. "I may take to the field tomorrow with my tetsubo and Hikazume. I have been asked to demonstrate my capabilities. Does that interest you, Taira-dono?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:35 pm

"Oh?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"I imagine that would be quite impressive. Do let me know when you plan the demonstration."

For a moment he paused to examine her face, her build, and added, "It must have been quite the challenge, learning an entirely new style. I would be honored to see it in action.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:56 pm

"I will send word to you, Taira-dono," she stated with a bow. She then scratched the back of her head. "Hai. It was difficult but not impossible." She opened her mouth to speak more on the matter but then held her tongue. Probably better to not mention that I feel less skilled than others my age because of my injuries.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Taira, if he noticed her reticence, did not mention it.

"Well, I look forward to seeing the result firsthand."

With a nod, he added, "Did you enjoy training with the Moto? From my experiences so far, they are a very... unique, family."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Yue nodded. "Hai. I enjoyed my time with them." She gave him a sly smirk. "They are unique like any other Family, Taira-dono. One day I believe they will fit in with the rest of the Empire."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:22 pm

"I hope so as well."

Mostly that they get a little less prone to threatening kidnap.

"They are certainly spirited."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:36 pm

The Shinjo perked her brow. "Did a Moto do something to earn your attention, Taira-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Oh heavens...

"Eto... I helped bandage one who had been injured."

He struggled for words, and his face showed it.

"She was... very... direct... about... that is to say... she..." He lost the trail of thought, and managed, "She seemed to think I wasn't entirely useless and... uh... said as much."

That was clearly not all, but he seemed quite embarrassed.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:49 pm

And here I thought he was going to talk about the sniffing incident.

Yue blinked and scratched the back of her head. "You do not need to say more, Taira-dono." She was not sure what he meant but nor did she want to find out more.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:59 pm

"Hai, thank you."

He was blushing rather red now.

"I found the most tactful answer was to, uh, leave."

Tucking his hands behind his back, he added, "Have any of your kin questions about my clan or family? Perhaps I could share some of our customs with them, if they do."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 pm

"Sou desu ka," was all Yue had left to say on the matter.

She shook her head. "No questions from others." She licked her teeth, unsatisfied with her Rokugani. "I have learned a lot about your Clan. I learned about your masks." She smiled. "However, there is always more to learn."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:05 pm

"That is true." He raised an eyebrow. "Who told you about our masks?"

That would probably indicate what they told her, if they were in or out of clan.

Soshi Taira

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field