Safe Harbor (D11, Early Evening, Expecting)

Safe Harbor (D11, Early Evening, Expecting)

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 6:58 pm

It had been, overall, a trying day. Much of it had been spent in the comfort and assistance of others and, in this case, a rather large amount of hard work. Hirase, courtier that he was, wasn't accustomed to it and had been hot, dusty, and worn out by the end.

Perhaps that was why he now stood in the field, well down from the place where the horses grazed, with a number of recently borrowed buckets. Back at the tents, where everyone needed to keep their clothes neat, he hadn't ever wanted to make a mess. Here, though, he rather thought it would be fine.

So it was that he stood in the bottom half of his jinbei, slowly but steadily emptying the water over himself in as close to a through soaking as he could manage. It was cold, and he had goosebumps in short order, but it at least helped clear his head.
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Re: Safe Harbor (D11, Early Evening, Expecting)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Yue came out to the field with Gon on the saddle with her. After that day, she wanted to be free to ride along the fields. She rode up to him when her eyes finally noticed him. "Hirase-san," she announced with a smile. She let Gon jump down and rush over, followed by her own dismounting. She gave him a proper bow and then took a deep breath. "How are your friends?" she asked, deciding to get straight to the point.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 7:22 pm

He dropped his next-to-last bucket carefully, not wanting to accidentally hurt the little dog. Then he smiled, a tired expression. "Not well, but at least not likely to murder anyone today." Which, at least in Butaj's case, had been a concern for a while. "They are crushed, as you would expect. I've done what I can, little as that is."

Carfully, he swept back the long mop of wet hair he usually tied up in a proper samurai topknot, wringing it out as he leaned a bit sideways.

"How is your sister? I don't know that she'd even met Nonin in more than passing..."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 09, 2017 7:30 pm

"Hai." Yue scratched the back of her head. "I think it is easier for me to be separated from my beloved. It may be because I grew up knowing that I would have to." She smiled faintly. "I know you said I can keep a paramour. I merely speak of never marrying a lover."

She shook her head. "My sister will be fine. I believe she will be pleased that we are both wed to a Phoenix." She gave a coy smile. "I am more worried for Nonin."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 pm

"He seems adaptable." Turning over one of the buckets, he sat on it, reaching over to pat the puppy absently. "I suspect he'll manage well enough in time...those who are attuned to the Void as he is tend to be able to tune out much of the world if need be."

Returning back to what was, to him, the most important topic, Hirase sobered. "I meant the invitation I issued. While I have issues with a certain member of the Scorpion now, I will do my best to make her welcome as long as she remains important to you. Perhaps we could even seek duties that would allow us to travel to Scorpion lands from time to time...then you could visit her and I could visit Butaj from time to time, perhaps Khulun as well."

Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 10, 2017 12:36 am

"I do not believe my sister enjoys being tuned out," she said, followed by a laugh.

"I understand. I do not know why she chose him. Everyone knew that Butaj and Yuki wanted to marry each other. It does not make any sense to me." She let out a sigh. "I hope to maintain a healthy relationship with the Scorpion beyond Mizuki. I want to keep in touch with Taira as well."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed May 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Hirase showed no anger at this, either, simply nodding. "I know he meant...means...much to you. If it can be done, we will find a way." He smiled warmly. "You would probably enjoy it and so would I, just for it's own sake. Scorpion themselves can be at times treacherous, but they have beautiful lands well-suited to visitors. If you have ever wanted to see what music and plays are like among the Eastern Rokugani, the Scorpion are a fine people to provide that experience. I have never personally been to their lands, other than passing through on my way here, but what little I saw was as pleasant as I had been told. It will simply require us to take on the right positions in the Clan."

A light chuckle left him. "I have no idea, mind you, what sort of positions those might be. How a courtier might best serve in the Unicorn. I had hoped to continue with the task of writing down what is now only a verbal history...perhaps distribution of such tales as the Clan wants known can be our path to other lands?"

Asako Hirase

Return to Horsemanship Field