[D2 LM] Kitteh-ball?

Re: [D2 LM] Kitteh-ball?

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:10 pm

"As they were?" She scratches her cheek, thinking. This seems to her a rather deep question masquerading as a simple one. "Most in those families trace their lineages to Shinjo-no-Kami's old followers on at least one side, if that is what you mean. But of course our ancestors learned many new arts and saw many new things since that time. A people could not have such experiences without changing, and Shinjo-no-Kami did not wish us to, either."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:22 am

Yurio nodded again, happy to hear that at least the majority of the clan still had it's proper foundations rooted in Rokugan.

"Lineage is important to the Lion. Of course people can change from experiences, but we hold our bloodlines to the utmost importance."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 pm

"I see," Saksaha nods, finally getting a greater sense of what they've actually been talking about. Did this mean the Lion were going to make trouble about the Moto in the future? It's something for her to mention to her clanmates, anyway, for sure.

"This is something Shinjo's people remember and consider carefully as well," she says, consciously drawing what she might be compelled to admit is a slightly tenuous parallel in the hope of reassuring Yurio a bit further. "Because there were so few of us at first, our elders take care that we do not cross lines too frequently."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Well as the Kitsu did totally the opposite, Yurio was bound to get the streams crossed here.

"The lines of the Founders are of absolute importance."

He nodded, probably taking exactly the wrong understanding away with him.

Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:45 pm

"If that is so, we are honored to have so many Lion here," Saksaha realizes aloud. "Marrying someone out of your clan must be a careful decision for your people."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 pm

"More so for the Kitsu with their purity concerns. The other families look for the best bloodlines amongst other clans. Ones that show strength of soul and character."

Now if only anyone had told Yurio how to look for that.

Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 pm

"Well. Those at least you will not find lacking here, I think," she says. Maybe he can find a nice tall wife, get a little height back into his family...

"Maybe we can speak more later, Matsu-san? There are other tasks I should finish before the sun is high today." Yurio is certainly a lot easier to talk to than that other Matsu, Nintoku, even if with both Lion she has the sense that they've only understood one another's actual meanings about two times out of three.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 pm

"Well. Those at least you will not find lacking here, I think," she says. Maybe he can find a nice tall wife, get a little height back into his family...

"Maybe we can speak more later, Matsu-san? There are other tasks I should finish before the sun is high today." Yurio is certainly a lot easier to talk to than that other Matsu, Nintoku, even if with both Lion she has the sense that they've only understood one another's actual meanings about two times out of three.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:36 pm

"Yes, we have a test to prepare for I believe. Thank you, Iuchi-san, it has been very interesting to talk to you."

Yes, that was his idea of a compliment. He bowed, preparing to move off.

Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Fortunately it was not not her idea of a compliment, either. Saksaha bows and, with a murmured "Matsu-san," withdraws toward the stable tents.

/exit

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Off he went, bouncing the kemari ball once again on his way back to his tent . . . yurt.

/exit

//scene

Matsu Yurio

Previous

Return to Horsemanship Field