For what it's worth. (Day 6, LE, Expecting)

For what it's worth. (Day 6, LE, Expecting)

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Taira had climbed out pretty far, to the point that the village was now rather small looking.

Perhaps he just wanted room to clear his head, perhaps he just wanted privacy.

As the night began to set it in, he paced on the crest of the hill he had chosen as a meeting place, where he was going to give an answer... the night breeze toying with the hems of his kimono, swishing them about.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Re: For what it's worth. (Day 6, LE, Expecting)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:43 pm

The Shinjo ventured to the hill as requested earlier. Her eyes were turned towards the Orochi's Fall, the catalyst for all that had happened. She wanted to be more like Yuzuki, able to handle a near-death state and continuing on without a single care. She wanted to let go of Mizuki, let her marry whichever man earned her favor most, and not be consumed with jealousy.

But above all that, she wanted to be a good wife. And it was time for her to learn if she could do so for Soshi Taira,

She came in her leathers rather than her kimono. The thought had crossed her mind to dress up for the occasion but she concluded that she wanted him to see her raw. She wanted to present the true Yue of the Unicorn.

"Konbanwa, Taira-dono," she announced to him. She kept her expression warm, as she usually did, but her attitude was rather distant. After all, she had not had to deal with such an exchange in her entire life.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:52 pm

As she arrived, he turned to survey her, watching her hair toyed with by the wind, the strange clothes of her clan, those mismatched, earnest eyes.

Bowing at the waist, he greeted her, "Konbonwa, Yue-hime."

Rising, he stood, silhouetted against the moon-bright sky, the fading brilliance of the sun illuminating his dark garb, his angular features... His face wore a tired smile, perhaps a little resigned.

"I wanted to talk to you. About reality, and about what we had discussed before. I owe you an answer."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Yue returned the bow to him. It pleased her, at least, that he still felt comfortable with the honorific '-hime.'

The Shinjo had braced herself for such a moment. And yet, she found her heart sink as she listened to him. "Hai. I assumed so after I received your message," she jested, trying to keep it light. She scratched the back of her head and waited on him to elaborate further.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:58 pm

"First... I guess the reality is, it likely won't even be my decision."

Taira sighed, and rubbed the back of his neck.

"You may have noticed, I'm not exactly excelling in these events."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:00 pm

"Sou desu ka. However, few can claim to have fought the Orochi." She gave a small smile. "I find that to be the most important, Taira-dono. But I know what you are implying."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 pm

"Hai, so whatever I promise you, I might have no say in it, when all is said and done."

He felt he had to say as much, though it shamed him.

"That being said, I am ready to give you my answer."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:04 pm

The Shinjo let out a nervous chuckle. "You are being foreboding, Taira-dono. I am ready to hear you."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Taira took a deep breath.

Then another.

Then he began, letting the wind at his back give him a feeling of movement, of... freedom. Carry away my doubts.

"If we were to marry, there are a few things you would have to be able to accept."

Crossing his arms, he sighed. "First... that I love you. That I will want to hold you close at night, to try and please you, to want to share highs and lows with you."

Scratching his chin, he added, tone still businesslike. "Second, that I will try, so long as I live, if we are married, to win even some small part of your love in return. That even if I cannot excite in you desire, that I may some day win over your heart such that my embrace gives you, at least, comfort and security."

It almost seemed like this was his way of dealing with embarrassment. "Finally, that I will require your trust, and will place in you trust, without condition or revocation."

His little speech done, he finally smiled, bashfully, "Yes, Yue-hime, if it somehow comes to me to choose, I will choose you without reservation."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Oh goodness.

Yue stood there, the wind shuffling her hair into her face. She brushed it aside, revealing her reddened cheeks. "Watakushi... watakushi," she murmured with her eyes lowered. Her lips turned to a smile, one of embarrassment. "I do not know what I did to earn so much."

She looked back up to him and straightened her posture. "I do not have any problem with your efforts." She swallowed. "I want them even if I am unable to promise that I will return such feelings. Taira-dono, I am honored." She shook her head. "Iie. That is an understatement." The Shinjo took a moment to formulate her thoughts into Rokugani. "I never imagined that someone, man or woman, would feel this way about me after my injuries."

And with that, she was back to fumbling with her words. She looked to the sky and took a few more breaths. "I thought we had settled on trust, Taira-dono," she finally said. She gave a nervous chuckle. "I have the utmost faith in you."

She looked back to him with a smile. It was resolute and yet somehow she had her doubts. "I will choose you too if I am able. I will pray that the Fortunes align for it."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:44 pm

"Hai, me too."

With a content, if embarrassed grin, he took a step closer, and asked, softly, "Would you sit with me? I would ask... I would ask of your family. If your current performance continues, I may yet join you, and not you me."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:52 pm

The Shinjo nodded and followed him to wherever he wanted to sit. "What do you wish to know about my Family, Taira-dono?" She thought on it for a moment. "Shinjo Taira. It works," she commented with a smile.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Moving to the slope, he found a grassy spot and sat, where they'd be able to see the moon.

"Hai... I thought perhaps you may be Soshi Liu Yue."

With a sigh he shook his head.

"I can't understand why, but I just can't seem to get my focus in these events." Rubbing his temple, he glanced sideways at her. "Yet since Shinjo Taira now seems more likely... I'm curious what your family duties entail. What roles you take. How I might apply my skills, and what you would do."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 pm

"I thought I might be Soshi Liu Yue too," she commented. Yue looked to him with a soft smile. "I have been extremely lucky," she admitted. "I have never used a lance before. Also, I am not a poet." She pulled out her fan and opened it just enough to hide her lips. "I do know how to hide behind my fan like a courtier." She then let out a hearty laugh.

The Shinjo then turned more serious. "My Family serves as the leader of my Clan. We need to know where we are going and we manage the heimin that serve our Clan. We are known for our Compassion; a heimin will always be heard." She paused. "That does not mean they are always right. In the military, we serve as a light cavalry unit." She shrugged. "I am not trained in the School. However, my sister and others are known for a defensive style. Some also serve as scouts."

She looked to the man's medical satchel. "A healer is always a necessity. Your knowledge is also helpful. We have recently arrived back in the Empire." She cupped her chin. "My father may appreciate consulting with you. The Ide would also benefit from your readings, Taira-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Taira nodded. "I met with the governor this morning, and offered as much to him."

With a soft sigh, he added, "I do not know entirely how my magisterial experience would apply, but I suppose I'd adjust."

Soshi Taira

Next

Return to The Western Fields