(D11 LA) An Apology

(D11 LA) An Apology

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Liu Yue came to the field on foot with Gon in tow. In her hand was a fan. She had given her usual one to Hirase but she still had the one from the Otaku's poetry competition. It was her intention to give it to the person it was dedicated to.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D11 LA) An Apology

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue May 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Taira sat in the western fields, on the bluff he had once occupied before, in hope and love.

Whistling tunelessly, he contemplated his future.

So the name of the girl he would marry was Madoka... that was... sort of cute.

He hoped she would be nice.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 pm

"Taira-dono," she announced with a bow, her voice firm on the honorific. She did not care what their relationship had come to. He still deserved that respect. "I wish I could tell you more of Madoka. I never had the pleasure to meet her." Gon ran up to him, tail wagging furiously, as he begged for pets and nuzzling.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue May 09, 2017 8:54 pm

And pets he would get.

Taira glanced up at Yue, smiling. "Yue-hime. I'm sure if she takes like the rest of your clan, she will be a good and honorable woman."

He gave her a curious look. "And you? Do you think you've laid a foundation for your future? For a chance at happiness Benten would've denied you?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 pm

Gon continued to wag his tail as he received the attention he so desired. His owner smiled warmly and nodded. "Hai. I have discussed with my betrothed extensively on the matter. I believe we will both be satisfied in our marriage."

She took a seat next to him and held the fan fully open. "Did you hear my poem, Taira-dono. It was meant for you," she said with a slight blush. "The calligraphy is not good but I was told by the judges that the poem was still moving."

The Shinjo took a deep breath. "I want you to have it. I am sure you know it is not a romantic gift. I mean it as a memento for you to remember me by."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed May 10, 2017 12:06 am

Taira looked torn, for a moment, and then said, softly, eyes meeting hers. "I wouldn't want to deprive you of something you put your heart into, Yue-hime."

An On of steel, he had, sometimes.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 10, 2017 12:34 am

The stupid Game of Refusals made it difficult for her to know if he actually meant it. "Iie. It is not trouble for me." She did a small twirl with it and offered it back to him. "My fan-dancing technique was deemed good by the judges too."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed May 10, 2017 11:12 am

He smiled, sadly, and added, "Yet without it, will you have anything to remember me by?"

Or would you rather forget me entirely?

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 10, 2017 4:43 pm

"That is why you should give me something in return." Yue held out the fan one last time with a warm smile.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed May 10, 2017 4:51 pm

With a chuckle, Taira took the fan, holding it gently in his hands.

"I'm glad you are starting to get the hang of our more unexpected habits."

Turning the fan over, he glanced along the poem, taking it in, silently.

"I'll have to think about it... none of my efforts turned up such a lovely outcome..."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 10, 2017 4:55 pm

"I have had practice. I tried to refuse another serving of food on my first day here," she admitted with a small laugh. She scratched the back of her head. "Would it be inappropriate to give you a hug, Taira-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed May 10, 2017 5:11 pm

That brought a chuckle.

"Probably, but I doubt anyone would mind, with all the other drama to pay attention to."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 pm

"I did not mean as a scandal. I do not care much for rumors." She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. "I meant for you, Taira-dono. I want to respect your feelings."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed May 10, 2017 6:50 pm

He smiled.

"If it would've upset me, I would have said as much."

He raised on hand, offering a hug. "I count you as a friend, we fought together. That's worth a lot, even among we Scorpion."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed May 10, 2017 6:58 pm

"Hai." Yue went into the hug and squeezed a bit hard, like she had with her sister several times before. "I remember that the Scorpion are known for being the most loyal. You have proven that, Taira-dono."

She let out a small laugh. "Do you think the misshapen calligraphy adds nuance to my gift?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Next

Return to The Western Fields