A Defensible Position (D4 EA)

Re: A Defensible Position (D4 EA)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 pm

It wasn't, but then in that contest Liu Fei didn't really attempt to make a run. Instead she preferred to avoid looking like an actual mess. It probably was part of what made her a bit more approachable than others. Something, had she cared to analyze herself like that, she would be proud of.

"Hmm," she said, seeming to think on the answer. Then came the tease, "An interesting moment to delve into that topic Tomonaga-san, all the drink is gone."

She didn't let that sit for long, not actually minding, "Some luck, there is at least one man here who seems like he could very well make a good match for me. A Bayushi," she added as an afterthought. Not wanting him to misinterpret. "Yourself Tomonaga-san? Any luck? Anyone you want me to.. you know, ask about you in a purely innocent way?" she teased.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Tomonaga gave an exaggerated eye roll, although he couldn't quite stop his smile. "Oh, I see how it is. The flow of conversation stops with the flow of alcohol, huh?" She didn't leave him waiting long, though.

"A Bayushi, huh?" Tomonaga frowned. "I haven't met any Bayushi. Well, no Bayushi men. Lots of other Scorpion, though. As for myself..." He can't quite stop a grin from briefly flashing across his lips. "I think I'm managing to do well enough as well, thanks. But, in fairness, I'll tell you that there is an Iuchi whose company I'm finding I enjoy quite a bit."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:02 pm

To the first, she had simply offered a proud and firm nod.

"An Iuchi woman," she repeated as she thought of those she knew. Of course, the one she had spoken with most recently naturally came to mind and the thought of those two together well...

Fei smiled.

"I hope it continues to work out then, Tomonaga-san. You are a good man, you deserve a good wife that fits you," she said, as always pretty confident she is a good judge of people.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Tomonaga gave her a warm smile. "Hey, thanks. That means a lot to me. For my part, I hope things work out with you and this Bayushi. I'm sure he must be an impressive guy."

Stowing the now empty sake bottle, as well as his cups, he was ready to go. Tomonaga gave Liu Fei one of his casual bows. "Until next time?" He said.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:36 pm

"Until next time, Tomonaga-san," she said with a slight bow. Turning to begin mounting Gokiburi once again. All the while she wore a light and hidden smile, once she had turned. Coming here and being accepted was a long shot in her mind before they arrived, finding someone she'd grow to also call a friend? Now that, that was completely unexpected.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:48 pm

With a satisfied sigh, Tomonaga turned back towards the village. He seemed quite refreshed as he walked back. After all, drinking with a friend tended to do that to him.

/scene!
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Previous

Return to The Western Fields