Mutually Beneficial Agreement (D4 EM)

Re: Mutually Beneficial Agreement (D4 EM)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:01 am

Tomonaga shook his head. "Hah. No. Not even close. I can pretty much manage to not embarrass myself is all."

He shrugged. "But it is fun, and I think it would be fun to do together. It's great even with two people who aren't good at it. Sometimes especially with two people who aren't good at it." His lips twist. "It helps if you're not nervous about looking silly from time to time."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:09 am

Well, maybe a little...

"Pssh," Yukarin waved off the concern, "One does not get things done in the Unicorn by being worried about tribial things like that. Much like with the Crab I should think, no?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 am

"Yes, exactly!" Tomonaga said, clearly enthusiastic about the idea. "I have noticed certain things that the Unicorn and Crab have in common. Okay, we'll do it. I'm sure you'll be just fine." He said confidently.

Tomonaga glanced at the food, which he'd eaten a good amount of. "I think it's my turn to do the talking now. You haven't eaten yet, Iuchi-san..."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:29 am

"Hai, and my stomach is growling too."

With a small sight she adjusts how she's sitting so she can get some of the bread rolls, "That and I'd be more than interested to hear more about you, Yasuki-sama."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:47 am

Tomonaga scooted a tiny bit himself, back from the table to give her full reach of the food. And, since he felt that while she was eating, he was the host, he topped up her shochu cup.

"Okay, great." He tilted his head thoughtfully. "Ummm, hmmm. Well, in my case, telling you about my family is the best way of telling you about me. I think I mentioned that we brew sake. Golden Carp is what we call it."

He continued. "Anyway, my parents are both born Yasuki, both very involved in the business. They had a son... and then a daughter. And then a son. And then a daughter. And then, after a gap of five years, me." He let out a breath. "So I'm the youngest in the family. They're all really involved in the business, too." He paused, taking a sip of the shochu.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:54 am

"I take it in this case you're referring to your older siblings?" she managed between bites.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:04 am

He nodded. "Yeah. All experienced traders and brewers before I even came of age. Well-established, solid positions. I've still managed to find a place in the family, though." His lips twisted a little. "I wouldn't mind if that place were a little bigger... that's the next step, I suppose."

"Besides that..." He shrugged. "I also like games. And animals; not just fuzzy or little ones. And trying new things." He gave a firm nod at that. "It's why I've been enjoying the hospitality of the Unicorn so much, I think."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 am

"Hm... it's good you found a place, even in such a busy family; I suppose I could have done the same, had I so chosen..."

She gives a small shrug, "As to your interests... do you work with animals regularly then?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:23 am

Tomonaga shrugged. "Not really. I've just more... well... I don't know. I've always thought they were nice, I guess." He looked a tiny bit sheepish at that. "That's how I know how to ride, a bit. I was fascinated by the village horses. And cats..." He smiled. "That's why they like me so well, I think."

He frowned, thinking back on what else she'd said. "I remember you talked about your family that night we met. Historians and priests, right?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:47 am

"Mmm... that's right; Meishodo priests who work with the fire kami as much if not more than the earth kami, which is a bit different perhaps. My mother's side of the family is perhaps a bit more traditional. Her and my older siblings have definitely taken up the banner of preservation prayers."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:01 am

Tomonaga blinked, momentarily thrown by the unfamiliar words and concepts. After a moment, though, he nodded, managing to piece the different bits, together.

"Ah, older siblings? Are you the youngest, too?" He smiled at her.

Tomonaga frowned. He seemed to have been directing questions back at her, instead of talking about himself. He glanced at the food, then back to Yukarin, trying to gauge how hungry she still was.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 am

Yukarin had been nibbling between answers, her upper lip a little shiney with honey, "Hai, two older siblings; Twins, both twenty seasons old at this point. My sister is quite beautiful... was engaged to a Shinjo magistrate before he passed away during the Dark Ride. My older brother is more plain and traditional, married another Iuchi to keep the bloodline strong.''
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:08 am

Noting her honey-shined llip, Tomonaga smiled, gently amused. Although it did have a tendency to draw his eye, now.

"Mmm." Tomonaga murmured, acknowledging her words, mildly sympathetic for her sister's loss "And then you, huh? Three years isn't so long that-"

He did a double-take. "Twins?" He said, blinking. "Are twins common in the Unicorn, Iuchi-san? Or in your family?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Yukarin shook her head as she finished her bite, "I don't think it's more common, no. Though I only say that because I don't recall any other twins in my family lineage. I hear it's more common amongst the Phoenix and Scorpion, but that is just rumour."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Tomonaga nodded, subsiding somewhat. "Yeah, that's generally believed to be the case. When Crab marry outside the Crab, they often try to marry Phoenix or Scorpion, for just that reason. Twins, uh, are considered to be especially lucky in the Crab." Mostly lucky in that they meant more Crab, of course.

There was only a little shochu left in his cup. Tomonaga drained it, but kept the cup held closely, preventing a refill. I want her to try my sake soon. "Well, I think I'm learning about Iuchi Yukarin-san." He said, smiling. "So far, I think she's very interesting indeed. And pretty, but that's not new information to me." He twirled the cup in his fingers a moment, his playful expression turning more serious. "Iuchi-san... can I ask you what your hopes are? For this miai, and afterwards, I mean?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields