Far Afield (D3, EM)

Re: D3, EM - Far Afield

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:29 am

He chuckled, "That's perfectly fine. I'm used to going it alone out there. It's part of the excitement of it all."

He then smiled, "I'll have to bring you something back the next time I go back out. You like rare items right? The Shinomen is chalk-full of rare stuff since the war. I brought back a small egg shaped charm that I found in one of the ruined cities of the Snake-men. Gave it to my mom as a gift. I heard there were people who walked out of the Shinomen with Jade Spears and Crystal Arrows during the war... And so many of the ruins have been left alone... untouched."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:37 am

"Snake men... you mean the Naga? I had heard rumours that they were still around, no?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:40 am

He nodded, "They are. You've heard of them? Were there any where you came from?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:20 am

"Well, if by where I am from you mean the sands... then no; I have never seen any of the Five Ancient Races except on scrolls. But I learned what I could... after all, the pearls on this necklace I wear originally were supposed to have been traded to my ancestors either by the Naga or the Ningyo. So I've felt it a tie to my own past."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:32 am

"Really? Can I see?" He asked while taking a look at her necklace.

"Very interesting. The Naga sorcerers do work with pearls to cast their magic. Perhaps you can meet with one to verify your story one day. There are safe place in the forest now too. That's part of the work I'm doing there." He smiled as they reached their destination.

Overlooking the plains he smiled. "Have a seat."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:35 am

Yukarin nodded before looking around where they'd come to, having been slightly lost in a combination of looking at him while talking, staring thoughtfully into space, and watching where her feet were going.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:47 am

He smiled and pulled out his pack. He pulled out a packet of sheets that were tied together and handed them over.

He chuckled nervously and smiled, "I realize now I probably shouldn't have made such a big deal about these. I'm not sure their everyone's favorite things." She would open the pack to find several very detailed topographical maps of the landscape in front of her and the surrounding area.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:47 am

Her eyebrows went up as she sat there and looked over the maps. She was silent a bit though as she looked between the maps and the landscape around them, "These are quite high quality, if I had to say," she said, still looking back and forth, "I almost feel silly for asking if you made these or not."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:27 pm

He chuckled, "They are indeed mine. Quite simple actually... compared to the forest that is."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:23 pm

"Still..."

She looked one last time before looking up at him with a small smirk, "These are easily detailed enough to be of tactical value too."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:12 pm

He nodded, "Yup. And with administration of taxes and such. Just need to fill in the areas with yearly yields." He smiled.

"That's why I'm planning on turning them over to your clan when I leave."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:40 pm

"That is quite generous of you, taking your time to do that for my Clan. ...did you still want to look at my necklace by the way? Before I forget your earlier request."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:48 pm

He smiled, "It's no problem. Want to make sure that I'm being a good guest. And sure, if you'd let me."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Nodding her head shortly Yukarin reaches up, pulling the necklace off over her neck; As she held it out to him the golden-jade magatama glinted in the sunlight.

"Here you are."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Yuuru examined the necklace and nodded, "Wow. This is quite beautiful. Large pearls as well..."

He smiled and handed it back, "You should see the size of some of the ones the naga carry. Massive."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields