Winds of change [D10, EM]

Re: Winds of change [D10, EM]

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat May 06, 2017 5:03 pm

He smiled, "Thank you. I believe of many of the people here I am perhaps best suited for the Unicorn clan's current needs. I hail from the Soshi clan, who occupies your southern border across the mountains. I come from a family well connected in my clan. I am trained as a magistrate, as one who knows and can administer the Emperor's laws. I have the same adventurous and strong spirit as many within your clan do. I am willing to be flexible, to work together with my spouse on a partnership that works fully for both of us and our duties."

He then began going over them, "Your clan is in need of allies. Your neighbors to the south could be excellent allies; I have come to learn of the situation concerning the offer of the Onyx champion to your people... and the Soshi have greater experience in dealing with the threat... The Shadow I believe you call it... than any other family in the empire. There are none who could better assist in finding out the truth of whether or not your beloved kami is still alive, and how best to save her if she is. The major pass between these lands and my own family's was destroyed when your people left the first time... but I am an explorer and adventurer by trade. Opening up some form of passage would serve not only my old family, but yours as well... And I fit perfectly in accomplishing that goal."

He then continued to the next point, "My training as a magistrate could be crucial for your family in the days going forward. The change from your past existence to one that is based on a rice economy will not be simple... Taxes are to be paid in rice each year, and while that can be purchased from the Lion and Crane... it will come at a premium and in times of strife it cannot be depended on. Surveying, mapping out, and administering your lands will be an major endeavor that will take all the help you can possibly get. I am but a drop in the bucket... but one skilled asset to assist in this work is better than none. My help and guidance could be taught to others and make this process possible."

He smiled as he continued down his list, "I share that same spirit of exploration and adventure that you do. While I feel that I may not be currently deeply in love you or any such thing.... I think there is great potential between us. My mother told me that one should romance the one they marry, not try to marry the one they romance. You and I have spoken with honesty and have developed a good rapport. You are indeed a beautiful woman that I find physically as well as mentally attractive. I could foresee much happiness and fulfillment from an arrangement between us. And while I may be a bit unconventional at times, one thing that I am always sure on is my commitment to Duty. I would be a loyal, and dutiful husband to you for your entire life."

He then chuckled, "Which brings me to my willingness to be flexible... perhaps I may not be the best home-maker... but if you wished for your children to have the same love for adventure, a desire to be healthy and strong, and didn't mind the occasional bump or bruise on your children as they grew to be good men and women.... I would be more than willing to work together to raise our children in a way that made us both happy and free to fulfill our duties. I am a level-headed, considerate, and flexible man... while I may not be skilled in everything you desire at this point in time, I don't think I would be unable to fulfill on your expectations eventually.... A discussion with Otaku Kitakuhime I had convinced me of such."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 10:24 am

"I..." She stopped herself and thought carefully about what he had just said. It was a while before she had gathered her thoughts enough to continue.

"You have given me much to think about Soshi-san. I will consider your words."

Imane looked back towards the village. "There are many things I must consider, and no guarantee I will even get to make a decision for myself. You would be an asset to the clan, I do believe that."

Almatar looked him up and down but didn't comment.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun May 07, 2017 10:29 am

He nodded, "To be considered by such a strong, generous, honorable and beautiful woman is more than I can ask."

He then looked warmly into her eyes, "And if it helps any more. I promise I would strive to make you happy."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Previous

Return to The Western Fields