[D8 LA, open] Thundering Hooves (and Paws)

[D8 LA, open] Thundering Hooves (and Paws)

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:45 am

Saksaha guides her mare, Gio, at a leisurely trot across the grassy field. Ahead of her, a ripple in the grass marks the location of her puppy, charging along as fast as his little legs can carry him.

Somewhere she had got the idea that throwing a stick for a dog was a good way to train it. Trouble is, little Yolo has more fluff than brains and has not yet been successfully persuaded to bring the stick back. That being so, this seems easier than chasing him around on foot.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Re: [D8 LA, open] Thundering Hooves (and Paws)

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:52 am

Just ahead, another puppy was running between and around another horse's legs. Sarangerel was patiently standing still, allowing the little dog to race about him. For his tollerance, he was rewarded with a plum from Kemuri's hand.

"Faster Airi. Good girl."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:00 am

Too late, Saksaha sees the ripple in the grass curve away from true, as her puppy forgets all about the distant thrown stick in favor of this more attractive game.

"No! Yolo, come here!" she calls in vain, but her dark ball of fuzz is already on its way to tackle Kemuri's puppy out of its obstacle course and try to subdue it with wet puppy kisses.

Saksaha rubs her cheek and sighs, angling Gio closer to Sarangerel. "Sorry about this, Marta-san."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:06 am

He laughed. "It's quite alright, Iuchi-sama. Airi needs to learn about ambushes."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:04 pm

"Huh." She giggles, watching the puppies engaged in their bout of canine bariqu. "I hope not in the course today. I do not think I can make mine understand this so quickly."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:03 pm

"Who knows?" he shrugged. "The Moto dogs can do many things. But, I imagine there won't be anything too difficult. They are puppies."

"I hope your day has been pleasant, Iuchi-sama."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:17 pm

"Mm, it is now, at least." She rolls her shoulders back and tilts her face up to the sun. "I never had a dog before. My grandmother did not like them. But it might be hard to give this little one back, although he is not very clever..."

She puts two fingers in her mouth and whistles to summon the little thing, but although he cocks one hairy ear, the message appears not quite to get through.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 am

"They're young." he shrugged. "I am surprised they pay attention to us at all."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:26 am

"Hah!" She shakes her head, leaning forward over Gio's neck to catch a better look at the little critters. "I think maybe I heard Ide Dabo-sama making the same complaint of his charges..." she laughs rather ruefully.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 pm

"They seem to be enjoying themselves, at least." He grinned as the two puppies continued to run around and jump I've one another. "What about you, Iuchi-sama? Have you enjoyed the miai?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:45 pm

"Enjoyed is maybe not a complicated enough word," Saksaha admits, shaking her head slightly. "There are things I have enjoyed very much, though." It's just that they were mixed with some other times I thought I might wet myself in terror. "Have you, Marta-san? And please, I think I should not be 'Iuchi-sama' to you. This fine-cut formality might please the Rokugani, but it makes me itch."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:54 pm

"I don't like to assume. But, you are right, we are family." he nodded. "The miai has been a mixture of emotions. Most have been positive, I think."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:31 pm

"That's good." Saksaha grins. It's nice to know someone's just having a good time? "You have done well in these challenges, I remember, Marta-san," she adds, perhaps the tiniest bit enviously. "Do you think you will choose for yourself at the end?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:30 pm

"Yes, I am a good finder of eggs." he laughed. "But, that may allow me to choose for myself. It depends on the next few days, as it does for the rest of us."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 01, 2017 12:29 am

"Mm. I think my fate is already set. Or, no. It is set that I won't control it, at least," Saksaha says, doing her best to project a philosophical air rather than one of hurt pride. "Still, I did not want to be married to one of the same boys I grew up with, and so I chose to come regardless." She glances at Kemuri and adds, "Not to offend Unicorn boys, of course. Our men are good. Just... very familiar."

Iuchi Saksaha

Next

Return to The Western Fields