Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Oh my~! Tomoe fanned herself, and to onlookers it probably looked casual, even if she wanted to do it faster to keep her mind occupied on something more proper.

"That's good. Uhm, I mean, wanting to learn more, I mean..." her cheeks flushed a little too. "... If you're interested in reading, there are some... literary works of romance that could maybe shed some light on the subject for you?"

It sounded so much better in her head, even when in her head it had been: wanna borrow a pillowbook?!

Yuki blinked as Tomoe's reaction made her realize that, such admissions were probably not acceptable even quietly spoken. "Ah, gomen." She waved her hand a little in apology.

The talk of reading got the young Phoenix to tilt her head some, imagining books much like the notes she'd gotten from Hirase. "Hai, Usagi-sama. I would like to read more, do you know any titles I should look for?"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:43 pm

"Uhm," she considered for a moment which part of the pool might be best for Yuki to jump into at first. Judging by her inexperience and naïveté, Tomoe decided to opt for a more safe choice.

"Have you read The Legend of Sakurahime perhaps? Authored by Miya Chidori, or Asako Chidori after she married into your clan. It's not exactly an... educational... piece of literature, but if we could go from there perhaps to see what sort of stories you like to read." The Hare had no idea what sort of books Yuki's kinsman might have offered for her to read. And while she could offer more boring lessons in anatomy in relation to medical texts, it felt more natural for Tomoe to nudge Yuki towards some of the more fictional works so that she might at least get an idea of how things could be done.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Doji Ameka wrote:Ameka takes a breath and finally heads over to the Shinjo she'd sung for. What was his name? Taichi, that was right. It sounded right. She took a casual glance into her pouch that normally held candy to read the paper. Yup, that was it.

Once she gets to him, she bows. "Shinjo-san, it is an honor to finally meet you... I am Doji Ameka. I hope you will forgive my forwardness in singing to you before we had met properly."

Ah, so she approaches... He bows in return, meeting the depth exactly. "A pleasure to meet you, Doji-san. I found your song quite wonderful. A shame we have not had the opportunity to properly meet before now, neh?" Winning smile was engaged, pose was perfect. All was prepared.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun watches Amaya leave again and says, "I don't think she likes us much, did you do something to her?"

"Me?" he shook his head.

"At one point I considered her as a potential bride," he explained honestly "but then I didn't."

"I wouldn't say she dislikes. I would say perhaps she would feel... inadequate?"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled and shook his head, "I doubt to the same level that you do. I have a few options though, people I'd be comfortable with choosing. But I'm low enough in the pile that I doubt I'll get to be making my first picks easily."

"Butaj hopes that good men like you will still have a chance to show their prowess to those they need to impress. Maybe tomorrow? Butaj will be disappointed if it's not bariqu." He leans in. "Butaj has some experience in arranging meetings between Unicorn maidens and their hopefuls. Do you need Butaj's help in this?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:10 pm

She has been listening, but she notices the glances going on between Butaj, Yuki, Tomoe, and Yuuru. A cart does not run well on five wheels, she thinks. Feeling very out of place and woefully lost, she makes her weak excuses and slips away once more into the crowds.

(( PM if approached ))
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Uhm," she considered for a moment which part of the pool might be best for Yuki to jump into at first. Judging by her inexperience and naïveté, Tomoe decided to opt for a more safe choice.

"Have you read The Legend of Sakurahime perhaps? Authored by Miya Chidori, or Asako Chidori after she married into your clan. It's not exactly an... educational... piece of literature, but if we could go from there perhaps to see what sort of stories you like to read." The Hare had no idea what sort of books Yuki's kinsman might have offered for her to read. And while she could offer more boring lessons in anatomy in relation to medical texts, it felt more natural for Tomoe to nudge Yuki towards some of the more fictional works so that she might at least get an idea of how things could be done.

Yuki looked inquisitive again. "Oh, is that some sort of tale? I think I may have seen something like that in the possession of one of my sisters once. Yes, that could work, Usagi-sama." She nodded. Hirase's instructions had been useful, but hardly inspirational.

Asako Yuki

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Miya Mei wrote:Mei shakes her head.

"Truth? This is the first the topic has ever came up, and I have participated in many duels."

Again the woman looks to the ground.

"It...It really makes me realize how much weight carrying my blade has, and the recourse for ill spoken words."

She is silent for a few moments.

"But should Ide-sama agree to Otaku-sama's request, I will not fail my Sensei. I will just need to angle my wrist in slightly instead of outward as usual, and she will fall."

He looks at her sympathetically "I can think it is never an easy task, having your life ended by the swiftest of moments, as is Iaijutsu by definition. I wish I could call on the kami to be by your side, but normally such things are not allowed. That being said, there are few things viewed with such honour and awe, with one strike all is set right."

He nods at himself "But it seems slightly drastic for what has happened here. Have you considered speaking to her lord to see if he believes her life, which is ordained to serve her lord, is worth this dispute?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Me?" he shook his head.

"At one point I considered her as a potential bride," he explained honestly "but then I didn't."

"I wouldn't say she dislikes. I would say perhaps she would feel... inadequate?"

“I thought she was neck deep into that Seppun, good luck to her,” she says with a nod.

“What made you change your mind?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki looked inquisitive again. "Oh, is that some sort of tale? I think I may have seen something like that in the possession of one of my sisters once. Yes, that could work, Usagi-sama." She nodded. Hirase's instructions had been useful, but hardly inspirational.

She smiled and gave a nod, lowering her fan as she felt a bit more at ease with the conversation as well as not being attacked by Blush no Oni.

"Yes, it's a fictional tale of romance. I brought my copies of the two volumes with me and donated it to your kinsman's little 'library' for the duration of the miai, but if you like what you read, I would happily let you hold onto those two books after the end of this gathering." The Hare made the offer sincerely, seeing as how Yuki might need this more than she did.
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Miya Mei on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:He looks at her sympathetically "I can think it is never an easy task, having your life ended by the swiftest of moments, as is Iaijutsu by definition. I wish I could call on the kami to be by your side, but normally such things are not allowed. That being said, there are few things viewed with such honour and awe, with one strike all is set right."

He nods at himself "But it seems slightly drastic for what has happened here. Have you considered speaking to her lord to see if he believes her life, which is ordained to serve her lord, is worth this dispute?"

Mei shakes her head again.

"I will trust that to Otaku-sama. To do so when she is of higher status than me would offer more insult I fear."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Me?" he shook his head.

“I thought she was neck deep into that Seppun, good luck to her,” she says with a nod.

“What made you change your mind?”

He looked at her and a small smile surfaced. "You did."

"She will be a perfect wife but..." he sighed "our union wouldn't be as ours. You... compliment me. You heard my song. I felt each and every of those words. You are the wind that fans my fire."

"I simply did not have that with her."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:She smiled and gave a nod, lowering her fan as she felt a bit more at ease with the conversation as well as not being attacked by Blush no Oni.

"Yes, it's a fictional tale of romance. I brought my copies of the two volumes with me and donated it to your kinsman's little 'library' for the duration of the miai, but if you like what you read, I would happily let you hold onto those two books after the end of this gathering." The Hare made the offer sincerely, seeing as how Yuki might need this more than she did.

Yuki smiled. "Really? I'll have to pick it up some time then." She smiled. "Usagi-sama is most kind. I'm certain I can get copies of my own with little trouble though." She chuckled a little. "Especially if the author is an Asako. I wouldn't want to trouble you at all."

Asako Yuki

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:45 pm

"The author recently married into your clan, yes, wedding the war hero Asako Kashiwagi," Tomoe nodded. "But such might have made it more difficult to get a hold of her works, as there might be a bigger demand for them. If Asako-san has found a liking to the story, I couldn't bring myself to part it from you! It really is no trouble at all, Asako-san, for the written word is to be shared." Tomoe offered a second time. It wasn't exactly a traditional gift-giving, but the Asako girl seemed like she needed this sort of help and friendship with another woman, and Tomoe was only happy to offer what she could.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Udo listened to Imane's song and nodded. Well, at least I know that now.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields