[D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Re: [D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:Hideo has accepted the odd drink as well, looking at it. He remembered something like this circulating on the first day at the banquet, but never learnt what it was. He looked down towards Amaya as she glanced his way, and he gave her a nod as he said "a toast to your fallen kin?" to try and encourage her to have a drink.

"Yes, of course," she replies mechanically. She raises the cup before her, "Chi-Pu," she says, simply, and tips the cup so a small amount of the kumis falls to the ground before she takes a deep draught of the alcoholic drink.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "You might have done well there. But Kyra would not be by your side if that were the case."

"We all must walk the path laid put for us, the fortunes know more then we"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Sou desu ka." She had no idea what else to say. To offer her condolences felt fake.

"Hai. I will follow your lead, Yogo-san." She was unsure of whom her beloved would want to approach at a time like this. However, they had to find someone in order to have any kumis.

I'm sorry. This is neither the time or place for my self-pity. Please forgive me.

Mizuki for her part was unsure of who to go to. "I am unsure who to go. I will follow your lead." After a moment. "I would like to avoid Sutiechi. I..." She wasn't sure how to put this. Apparently, sleeping with the sister of your lover's intended gets kind of messy. "It is Scorpion Clan business. All I can tell you is that it does not affect you, your sister, or your Clan. Forgive me for being so vague, but it is necessary." And it was. Just not for the reasons she was implying. No good would come from her affair with Sutiechi.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Moto Butaj wrote:For Butaj, it is not time to speak with Kitakuhime, but to lessen her burden in being the host. He grips some bottles and cups and approaches those who don't have them yet.

(PM if you want to receive a drink from Butaj and chat)

Sometime, somehow, Butaj received a gentle nod from the Shiotome. Along with her smile.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:I'm sorry. This is neither the time or place for my self-pity. Please forgive me.

Mizuki for her part was unsure of who to go to. "I am unsure who to go. I will follow your lead." After a moment. "I would like to avoid Sutiechi. I..." She wasn't sure how to put this. Apparently, sleeping with the sister of your lover's intended gets kind of messy. "It is Scorpion Clan business. All I can tell you is that it does not affect you, your sister, or your Clan. Forgive me for being so vague, but it is necessary." And it was. Just not for the reasons she was implying. No good would come from her affair with Sutiechi.

Yue looked about and noticed that there were servants handing bowls out. Great! Won't have to mooch off anybody then. She told Hikazume to take care of her tetsubo and got a bowl for Mizuki first before herself.

The woman listened to her speech about Suteichi and decided not to pry. "I ask that you come to me if you need anything. I will be there for you, Mizuki."

The heck am I even saying...?
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 am

Khulun isn’t much in the mood to do anything but sit on her steed and glare and brood. It was good so many had come, but it still did not soothe her heart or burning anger. Thankfully she had kumis for that.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:40 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue looked about and noticed that there were servants handing bowls out. Great! Won't have to mooch off anybody then. She told Hikazume to take care of her tetsubo and got a bowl for Mizuki first before herself.

The woman listened to her speech about Suteichi and decided not to pry. "I ask that you come to me if you need anything. I will be there for you, Mizuki."

The heck am I even saying...?

"I know. " But she couldn't come Yue with this. It would just hurt her. Sutiechi and Liu Yue must never know about each other.

Mizuki takes a drink. "This is pretty good."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 am

Butaj returns the nod and the smile when he spots Kitakuhime, rubs his stubble, and gets to helping. Mizuki and Liu Yue receive sake from him.

(Feel free to acknowledge the presence of wild Butaj or not in your conversation, even if present he will not linger unless drawn into it)
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:24 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I know. " But she couldn't come Yue with this. It would just hurt her. Sutiechi and Liu Yue must never know about each other.

Mizuki takes a drink. "This is pretty good."

"I drink too much," Yue admitted with a faint smile. Still, she drank her bowl joyfully.

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj returns the nod and the smile when he spots Kitakuhime, rubs his stubble, and gets to helping. Mizuki and Liu Yue receive sake from him.

The Shinjo perked her brow at the man. "Oh. Arigatou gozaimasu." She looked awkward at the sake and then back to her bowl in her one hand. "I will partake in sake afterward."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 am

Ide Amaya wrote:"Yes, of course," she replies mechanically. She raises the cup before her, "Chi-Pu," she says, simply, and tips the cup so a small amount of the kumis falls to the ground before she takes a deep draught of the alcoholic drink.

Hideo did the same, although he does not drink as deeply as she does. He nods approvingly. "Good. If you wish we can get another, or I can have some sake brought over" he spoke in a quiet comforting voice.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 am

"Thank you, Butaj-san." Now Mizuki's hands are full. Of course, she wore her regular mask. Not the one used for eating and drinking. It wasn't too much a problem normally. Just move the mask a little. Now she was stuck. The Fortunes can be cruel.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 am

Butaj notices her predicament. "Butaj can hold it for Mizuki."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:29 am

Yue perked her brow. Would have been nice if he helped me out. The bigger problem was the tinge of jealousy she felt. If they were alone, she would have preferred to lift the woman's mask herself, give her a sip of sake, and then kiss her.

But that was not realistic. So instead, Yue continued to drink from her bowl like a pleasant woman. "Konbanwa, Moto-san. Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu." She then gave him a bow while balancing her drink.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 am

Butaj is bemused by Liu Yue's formality and takes it either as an effort to hide dislike of Butaj or to impress the Easterners. But even Mizuki, the only direct witness of superfluous etiquette, hasn't been so stiff with Butaj. He really wonders how he has wronged the girl. He smiles nonetheless and is sensible enough not to offer a handshake though his arm twitches.

"Butaj knows you, you are Liu Fei's sister. No need to be so distant with Butaj, Butaj is a friend. We are all friends here, friends of Chi-Pu. Let's drink for Chi-Pu, the Strangler of Wyrms!"

Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:20 am

The tall Shinjo woman shook her head. "I did not mean any offense, Moto-san. Gomennasai." She gave the man another bow and then put on a smile. "Hai. Fei is my sister."

Would he have preferred Butaj-dono? Shoot! Oh Doji-san, your advice gets so confusing.

She lifted her bowl. A toast, at least, was something she could understand. "Hai. Kanpai!"

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields