D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Re: D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:54 pm

"Good, eh?" Butaj smirks. "Though Butaj assumes it requires a bit of getting used to for any easterner."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:55 pm

He coughed.

"Yes . . . err . . . not going to ask what it's made of . . . but no blood in it, yes?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:00 pm

"Oh no. You're talking black sausage, it's not for drinking. Mare milk, fermented for a few days. Butaj heard some of of the Easterners don't tolerate milk too well, but then he met a Doji maiden making sweets of milk, so it can't be too bad on your palates after all. It's like with many things first time, a few tries and all is glorious."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:08 pm

"Err we make sweets out of bean paste mostly . . . but this . . "

He took another drink.

". . is from the same stuff as that cheez we had at the banquet? 'Cos that wasn't bad at all. Quite liked it."

Matsu Yurio

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:18 pm

"Yes! Cheese is from milk! It just requires more work to make it. Many good things can be made from milk." Butaj nods sagely. "Come over to our yurts in the evenings when we roast and drink. There's always some cheese too."

Moto Butaj

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:00 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"Sorry! I didn't mean to say that he was exclusive in any way, as it's in the nature of our Family to be as socialable as possible. I'm just reminded of the time where I joined him with a picnic with Ide Amaya-san. From what transpired there, I almost was expecting Ide-san and him to be on stage together! Or even, in attendance...Alas, I'm sure something fell through. He seems to be doing quite well nevertheless!" She divulged the details plainly on the matter.

"That would be Iuchi Dong-Ha-san," she nodded with an open smile. "Are you two familiar with each other by chance?"

"Oh, yes!" Saksaha nods. "His father is a famous sensei of my family. And the son... well, what do you think of him, Bayushi-san?" she asks, smiling.

Dong-Ha had been so adorably embarrassed when his girl cousins had asked what he was looking for in a young lady... surely he could use some help scouting his ground.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Yes! Cheese is from milk! It just requires more work to make it. Many good things can be made from milk." Butaj nods sagely. "Come over to our yurts in the evenings when we roast and drink. There's always some cheese too."

Not thinking on what might be involved in that 'roast' Yurio nodded.

"Thank you, Moto-san. Things have been rather quiet in our tents."

Matsu Yurio

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Having been ignored by the Matsu she calmly finished her piece and left, walking over to her collection of instruments. Doji Fukawa's tale popped into her head and she sighed lightly to herself before picking up the flute and beginning to play a tune as she walked in the opposite direction and looked for the host.

(OOC: I don't think we roll once the day has flipped so assume it's played competently)
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She shakes her head. "No, it is not necessarily. Some do care quite extensively for their warcats and Noburu can occasionally be annoying, like a younger sibling." She ruffles the cat's fur, which receives a light play swat on the shoulder, which Kogo takes matter of factly, with no concern. "As we often meet our cats at a relatively young age, I had help." She pauses for a moment, choosing her words. "Noburu and I trained both with the other Warcats and other beastmasters, so we could learn the ways of working in a group of lionesses as well. With time, I will eventually bond with others and have my own pride. Noburu will be its leader."

"That would definitely be something to look forward to. You seem quite close." He watched the interaction of the two for a while, looking quite content.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:29 pm

She smiles at him. "We are. She has been my closest companion for many years and hopefully more to come. There are reasons why Shimizu-san refers to Kyra so closely. Though I do not experience it the same way, it is like having an old friend who knows your moods and thoughts and needs." She laughs. "And is also not afraid to tell you when you're being a fool or put something disgusting in your sleeping roll. Upsides and downsides, this one."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:39 pm

He nodded along in agreement right up until the end. That definitely got a raised eyebrow. "I see what you mean. What kind of 'presents' do you receive? Nothing too messy I hope?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:59 pm

She laughs. "Not any longer. She ate gruel for three days after the last one. She was the grumpiest warcat in the whole encampment. But she didn't do it again." She looks at his face. "She was a cub then, and learning her boundaries. She had to learn that I was in charge, and she tested me, to see my reaction."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:18 pm

He laughed softly. "I can imagine that would make one quite grumpy. I think many would be nervous to stand in the way of her, even when she was young." Definitely not me though. Nope. "It's a similar sort of thing for horses as well, especially the more energetic ones. Give them freedom, but make sure they know who's in charge. Trust is the key. They have to trust that you won't lead them to harm, and you have to trust that they won't stumble."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:20 pm

She nods. "Exactly. She and I must trust each other, so when she leads the pride, I know she will follow my commands and lead the others. Its why the relationship is so key and starts so early. You sort of grow up together, but one of you grows a bit faster."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:40 pm

"Hence Shimizu-san's 'sister', I guess." Best not to dwell on that, it seemed awkward. "I don't have any siblings myself. My parents found themselves unable to have another child after my birth. So instead they devoted all their efforts into personally training me to be where I am today."
Shinjo Taichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields