[Day 3 - Late Afternoon] Good Fortune and Cheer

[Day 3 - Late Afternoon] Good Fortune and Cheer

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:40 pm

(Expecting, but open)

After the archery competition, Hotaru returned to the local shrine once more. It seemed that her luck was perhaps beginning to turn, on such a blessed day, no less! It was unfortunate that her efforts didn't warrant attention, but it was her personal best showing so far. Perhaps she should take that as a good omen? Nevertheless, she could be found at the temple step offering her thanks to the Heavens and the ancestors of competition, who found themselves on these fields in a time when they were known for competition.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Re: [Day 3 - Late Afternoon] Good Fortune and Cheer

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Shinjo Kemuri approached the shrine, studying it as he drew closer. He had seen it from a distance, but had not visited it directly before. He understood and appreciated its importance, but it was also a reminder of how long the clan had been away and of how much had changed. It represented so much history. It was intimidating, in a way.

He knelt in proper reverence, offering a prayer to the heavens and requesting guidance.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Once Hotaru finished with her prayers, she opened her eyes and was surprised to see a praying Unicorn not too far away. However, a welcomed sight nevertheless around the shrine. Hotaru quietly made her way over to him, remaining a proper respectable distance so that she wouldn't be intruding on his personal space when it came praying. She folded her hands together and patiently waited for him to finish with a small smile on her lips.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Once finished, he rose and turned to find the Scorpion. With a smile, he bowed.

"Good afternoon, Bayushi-sama."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Hotaru bowed politely in greeting and gave Kemuri a welcoming smile. "Good afternoon, Unicorn-san. It's a pleasant day to be offering our prayers, ne? To the best of my knowledge, it promises to be a lucky today. This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of the Shining Retreat, pleased to meet you!

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 pm

"It is a very nice day." he agreed. "I am Shinjo Kemuri, of the Marta. It is my pleasure to meet you. I apologise for my ignorance. What is the Shining Retreat?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 pm

"Oh, a Shinjo and a Marta?" She asked momentarily when he introduced himself. He was the first Shinjo she had a chance to speak to directly, who were unfamiliar to her, and especially this Marta family he spoke of.

As the question he posed, she was eager to give him a response. "Not all! To be truthful, I doubt anyone would have heard of the Shining Retreat, or even Tengoku's Path...The Shining Retreat is a small temple I currently serve at, found in the small town of Tengoku's Path. We're a pilgrimage town and we receive several visitors going too and from Hotei Seido. We see many guests during the year, providing them with a place to rest and renewing their devotions too."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:34 pm

"I see. I hope I get to see it some day." His smile broadened. "I am eager to see as much of the Empire as I can."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:05 am

Hotaru smiled more at his interest in her small humble town. "Oooh, you wish to visit some day? We would be more than happy to receive you as a guest, even if you're just passing by. I do hear that many of the Unicorn seem rather intent on seeing the Empire for themselves, you must have quite a list by now. I am honoured that you would include my hometown as one of the destinations."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:11 am

"The list is growing, but it's still relatively small." he chuckled. "Where is Tengoku's Path?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:24 am

"The town itself is a little off to the side from the River of Gold, to the west," she nodded as she explained. "You likely won't find it on most maps, unless you get one charted by either my Clan or directly from the Imperials. Either way, I'd be more than willing to mark it on your map if you're interested in visiting the more humbler side of the Scorpion lands."

"So, how have you found the miai so far, Shinjo-san?" She asked, curious to hear his answer.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:15 am

"It's been a bit overwhelming, to be honest." he admitted. "New information and experiences. It isn't what I expected and I've found myself out riding more often than I probably should. Even so, I've enjoyed it so far."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 am

"I could almost say the same about the Unicorn. In a good way, of course!" She maintained her friendly smile. "We're lucky to be hosted by the Unicorn on such short notice and we're learning quite a bit at the same time here, even if just a small portion of your lifestyle and experiences. If there's any way I can help, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer, even if my personal realm mostly revolves around the temples."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:42 am

"Thank you, but I wouldn't know where to start." he shrugged. "Perhaps a little more about yourself? What has experience here been like?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:30 pm

"Of course, I would be more happy to talk about myself if you wish! As mentioned before, I'm a shrine maiden, a holy woman who serves in the maintenance of a temple. Mostly, that's handled by the monks but I tend to the ceremonies and anything that requires a friendly face to connect people closer to the Fortunes and the kami. It's not exactly the battlefield or the courts, but it's a duty that puts me responsible in strengthening the connection of people to spirituality, which is very important all the same!" She chuckled softly. "Prior to attending the miai, I was attending to the Shining Retreat, greeting visitors and anything they might need help with. Even away from home, I do find myself wanting to do the same. I guess old habits die hard, ne?"

"My experience here has been pleasant so far, it's been different with some things I still have to get used to. Your kin have been very helpful and been good company. Milk and your cuisine will take some getting used to..." she said with a small laugh. "I'm still hoping to learn more as I go."

Bayushi Hotaru

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion