Past and Present [D3, LE, open, expecting)

Re: Past and Present [D3, LE, open, expecting)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Kogo looks at Otaku-san and nods approvingly. "That sounds ideal for you Otaku-san. I am pleased at your fortune." To Soshi-san, she turns and says, "It may seem an odd idea that I would be ok with such a thing. But Matsu women at times have a greater degree of latitude than some. Though it is important to honor our family lines and produce children, some prefer to be warriors first. It does not mean that things could not change if they chose to at a later time, but I suspect there are few men out there brave enough to tell a Matsu woman what to do with her body."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:39 pm

"But do not Matsu matriarchs have concerns for the future generations?" He asks.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:46 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:"But do not Matsu matriarchs have concerns for the future generations?" He asks.

She nods. "They do. It is not a dispensation granted to every Matsu woman by any means and not for trivial things. And particularly with certain families, there may still be pressures. But just as a lion pride comes together to raise its many cubs, there will be children who need help being raised and things to be done." She looks up at him. "One of my own 'aunties' was such a woman. She was the one who first introduced me to the warcats."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:32 pm

"I see." Yuuru nodded... even though he wasn't fully convinced.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:"I see." Yuuru nodded... even though he wasn't fully convinced.

She sees his skepticism but does not pay it much mind. She is used to being thought odd. "Otaku-san, what would your role be after marriage then as Nintoku to the Battle Maidens? Would you seek out battle or join an Imperial Legion perhaps?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:29 am

"I would continue to train the Shiotome, and perhaps ask permission from my lord to assist in battles fought against threats to the Empire. I have learned of many, hence why I asked about Jade. It seems the Empire is beset by some terrible foes."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:44 am

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"I would continue to train the Shiotome, and perhaps ask permission from my lord to assist in battles fought against threats to the Empire. I have learned of many, hence why I asked about Jade. It seems the Empire is beset by some terrible foes."

Kogo's face becomes very serious. "Indeed. Though it has been quiet of late, some suspect that this quiet does not portend anything good. Your help and experience will likely be appreciated." She pauses. "Do you think you would seek to join others on the Wall? Or perhaps engage in battles in other areas?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 am

"I would not stand atop a wall, I would ride, as is the Shiotome way. Though perhaps there are cavalry regiments that ride forth from the wall? I will need to learn more on the matter and discuss it with my superiors. Being as we just returned, I do not believe any clan of the Empire will have strife or war with us, so I will need to have something to keep our armies trained and useful for. Besides the Crab, I have learned the Badger fight a foreign threat as well, and then as the Scorpion says, the snake men. There should be plenty of foes for us.:
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:13 am

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"I would not stand atop a wall, I would ride, as is the Shiotome way. Though perhaps there are cavalry regiments that ride forth from the wall? I will need to learn more on the matter and discuss it with my superiors. Being as we just returned, I do not believe any clan of the Empire will have strife or war with us, so I will need to have something to keep our armies trained and useful for. Besides the Crab, I have learned the Badger fight a foreign threat as well, and then as the Scorpion says, the snake men. There should be plenty of foes for us.:

Kogo nods. "I had assumed there must be some capacity for a mounted warrior in the area. It is true. I had not thought of it as such, being used to these fights, but you are right. There are a number of threats that the Empire faces at this time. There will be no shortage of occupation for warriors who wish it." She pauses. "It is a dangerous life, but a noble one."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Previous

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion