Prayers [Day 1 LA]

Re: Prayers [Day 1 LA]

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:54 am

"Thank you Ide-san." Fukawa replies. "I hope to be at least a good a guest as your are a host. If there is anything I can do to help, you need but ask."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:16 pm

The first day had barely begun and already Amaya felt overwhelmed and uninteresting, at mention of the feast her stomach felt like it had just dropped several inches. Smiling warmly, "indeed, Yogo-Sama, many a lasting friendship has budded in the fertile soil of good food and good companionship."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:32 pm

"I am sure it will." Mizuki looks to the shrine. "Your Clan picked a good place for this miai. The Clans used to gather here in friendship to determine the fate of the Empire. Now, we gather here in friendship to determine our own fates."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:07 pm

Fukawa studied her fan. It was a lofty sentiment, but she was pretty sure that their fates were set, not something that they could actually affect. Still, directly contradicting someone of rank, even a Yogo, was simply not polite.

"I must admit, Ide-san, I am curious to see what artistic traditions your clan will be displaying to add to the tapestry that is the Empire's culture." she offers instead.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Thoughtfully, "it can be difficult to make all but the most ephemeral arts from the back of a horse. The Unicorn people are accomplished musicians and story-tellers, however, and have learnt many songs and instruments foreign to these lands."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Seeing as everyone finished praying, Hotaru tended to her own prayers to the Fortunes and those whom the shrine was dedicated to. The first prayers were rather easy, wishing for things like good fortune and the safety of all involved. The second part was the real meat of her prayers, her own success and blessing to just generally be the best she could be. With that finished, she let out a content sigh, then quietly made her way over to the group of women that were chatting with each other.

"Oh, we meet again so soon, Ide-san! Good to see you again." She smiled to the Unicorn at first and looked to the Crane and Scorpion Kuge. bowing deeply. "Konnichi-wa, Doji-san and Yogo-sama! This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of Tengoku's Path. I'm very pleased to be in your company. The heavens smile upon us with good weather, let's hope that's only a reflection of the good spirits around us, ne?"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:32 am

The Crane nods at the Unicorn's explanation.

"I have had some small training in the arts of singing and storytelling, Ide-san. I shall certainly be interested to see how your own style has developed over the years."

She then faced off against the Dangerously Bubbly Scorpion, with a well practiced bow.

"Good afternoon, Bayushi-san. I am Doji Fukawa, and this is Yogo Mizuki." she offers, completing the introductions.

Then there was the matter of responding to the Bayushi's happy weather drivel.

"It would match with what I have seen in the Unicorn thus far, Bayushi-san, but I find that the weather is not often in line with the emotions of mere mortals as often as it is in pillowbooks and plays. But we should enjoy it while it lasts."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:10 am

"It is good to meet you Bayushi-san. I was hoping to meet some of my Clan I haven't met yet."

Mizuki for one was happy to change the subject. Crane and arts bring too many mixed emotions for her.

Listening to the Crane's response about the good spirits not reflecting emotions. So, does Doji-san not want to be here? Probably upset at being sent to marry one of these Unicorn instead of whoever she had on her mind. I wonder if she was in love or just expected a higher matching. Mizuki didn't particularly care. But makes note of it just in case it ever does matter.

"Well, let us hope it is a sign for our marriages to come." For her part, she was being sincere. Even for the Crane regardless of whether she wants to be here or not. After all, it's not like she was intentionally trying to bother Mizuki with the talk of art. It's just what Crane do.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:24 am

Amaya looked from the masked Bayushi, to the masked Yogo, to the Doji with her fan. She felt as though she was missing some cruicial piece of information, something her training hadn't prepared her for. With the same arm that held her rolled tatami pinned beneath it, she drew her own fan from her obi and flicked it open.

"It is an honour Bayushi-Sama." She didn't add anything more to the conversation. It was clear to her that more than mere weather was being discussed, and Mizuki's mention of marriage made her think of the stunning man she had met at the Opening Ceremony, a thought that proved slightly distracting.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:16 am

"A great honour to meet you both, Doji-san and Yogo-sama," she said as she favoured both women with a bright smile. "Even in a far away land, it's good to see both neighbours and kin about."

"Ohh...Gomen ne, Doji-san." She paused to give her a bow of apology. "It was more of my intention to speak of the good spirits around us when it comes to the kami themselves. Even I may be overextending myself to wish for such a thing, they are more fickle than people sometimes. However, a strong presence of the kami here would only mean good blessings to be found here. Hopefully those blessings will find their way to a few of us. I would naturally assume that everyone here is already in good spirits when it comes to meeting our newest neighbours for the first time! Ne?" She said as she gave a glance to Amaya, to indicate the Unicorn.

"Of course! People are entitled to chance and feel however they wish during their stay here," she tittered a small laugh.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:04 am

A mature, sensible woman, and a giggly little airhead. They're set to divide and conquer this miai. We should be careful. Fukawa thought.

Fukawa bows to the Bayushi.

"Ah, no, it is I who should apologize to you Bayushi-san, for being a poor conversationalist." she returns politely. "It was a long journey from Kyuden Doji, with no amazing horses to soar along the ground as if flying. I had hoped that once we arrived, the Lion would have left behind a bathhouse of some kind. Nothing on the level of Peach Blossom Falls Bathhouse, or the Gentle Sakura hot springs. Just a simple bathhouse with hot water one could soak the aches of the road away."

She gestures about with the fan.

"But alas, the Lion left behind but a single administrative building, The Unicorn have offered us all they have, but even they cannot raise an entire village from nothing with a snap of their fingers." she offers, grateful to the Unicorn for their earnest hospitality, but sad at the Lion's obvious spite.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:40 am

Amaya blinks and flutters her fan against the day's heat. A bathhouse! A house for bathing! The novelty and luxury of such a thing would make her gape, but fortunately her tiredness after the Opening Ceremony saved her face.

She followed the gesture of the Crane's fan. "It is our honour to host such distinguished guests, but if there is any comfort we can provide, only ask Doji-Sama, and we shall do our most earnest to deliver." She hopes Fukawa will not take offence at her offer, not meaning to imply that the Crane was dissatisfied, but fails to dodge any insult she may have inadvertently given.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:17 pm

"I recall having a conversation about this with Ide-san just recently about the accommodations," she said with a faint smile. "In many ways, I'd like to think that the Unicorn have generously extended their hospitality to us, the same sort they've been enjoying while abroad beyond the borders of the Empire! Minus the travelling aspect of it, of course, which we're thankful for after a long trip to get here. It seems only fitting since we are at a Unicorn miai. Perhaps, ultimately we'll be inviting our respective spouse back home and helping them adopt, knowing what they are accustomed to. Or, we'll get a taste of their custom first-hand, aiding in making their return here even more comfortable."

I do agree a bath would be a good idea to start. She nodded to herself.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Mizuki, on the other hand, was VERY happy to find no public bath. The less people who see her, the better.

She speaks to Amaya, "Your Clan has done much with the time given. Your hospitality will not be forgotten."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Fukawa nodded at the Unicorn's offer.

She would wait to speak up again, though, until the Yogo's words were acknowledged by the Unicorn. As a person of status, her words could not simply be ignored.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion