[Day 4 - Early Morning] Playing in the Wind

[Day 4 - Early Morning] Playing in the Wind

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:07 pm

As the morning began on a rather dreary note, Hotaru could be found at the shrine's torii where she aided the local monks in installing some paper charms to aid in preserving the sanctity of the holy ground. It wasn't raining yet, but the winds were beginning to pick up as more and more clouds were pushed together in the heavens to form a rather ominous omen of heavy rains to come. They were making a bit fuss around the miko, though nothing she wasn't unused to when she studied in the Soshi mountains. Sometimes you just had to keep your charms held down, or chase after them. Just don't fall off the edge of the cliff.

Hotaru was distracted for a moment as she pondered how many deaths there were actually 'accidental' when a sharp gust snagged one fo the charms and blew it away from her grasp. "Oh, sh-rine!" She cried and made a quick jog for it before it could get away form her.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Re: [Day 4 - Early Morning] Playing in the Wind

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Bayushi Suteichi was on his way to the shrine for morning meditation and supplication when the charm landed in front of him.

"Good morning, honored cousin. I hope Kaze no kami isn't being too much of a hinderance."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Hotaru jogged a little longer even as the charm landed in front of her cousin, she did have shorter legs after all. She stopped once she was a reasonable distance, taking a short pause to catch her breath. Perhaps in the same motion, she also greeted him with a bow.

"Ah...Good morning, honour cousin. Kaze no kami is never a hindrance, seeing as how winds are free and create no barriers." More like an annoyance. "I guess they're just feeling a little playful today. It seems like there's going to be a party happening later, with some Mizu no Kami invited for good measure. Despite what the day may bring us, I hope you've had a pleasant morning?" She smiled warmly at her question.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:34 pm

"Yes. Yes I have. I hope to get the music event in but I doubt that. Most unfortunate. Might I join you? I was just coming to the shrine to meditate and play."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:03 pm

"Oh, that's not happening tonight then?" She said on a peculiar note with a glance up at the clouds. That would make sense, given the potential storms. There was no point playing against the rain or the winds, even if they were nice and dry inside a yurt. "That's unfortunate! But I'm sure you'll be able to find another day. With so many musicians around us, the opportunity is too great to not pass up."

"You're more than welcome to join me, of course. The shrine is open to all if you wish to use it to find your centre, sure the ancestors who reside here would appreciate some music too. Of course, I'm sure they'll also appreciate if you pray too." She smirked and retrieved the paper charm that had blown away from her, then gesturing him to follow her back.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:26 pm

"Yes. I will speak with the Governor. Has the miai been favorable for you?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:23 pm

"Somewhat..." She said with a bit of consideration as her fingers casually toyed with the paper charm in her hands, flattening down the paper from any folds that might have been done by the playful winds earlier. "I'm having a pleasant time, if that's what you're asking. When it comes to success and any semblance of love, that's something I probably have less to show for in comparison to you, dear cousin. I wish I was just as lucky! Benten hasn't made itself obvious..."

She gave a sweeping gesture toward the shrine before them as they walked back. "...and people haven't been flocking to the shrine to offer their donations. I was really hoping to help the monks here! I don't know if they'll get enough koku to help them build their lodgings at this rate!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 pm

"Everyone has a start and most starts are always rough. To that end, one must make due with what they have."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:46 pm

"Hai, that's true enough," she said with a soft sigh as she dusted the paper charm of dirt as best she can. "I'm sure the last few years have done a pretty good job of beating that mantra into our heads. We've always made due with what we've had. Still, even in our Clan, some find success and rest wait for their turn."

"However, that doesn't seem to be the case for you. It seems you've found success in Ide Amaya-san, last time we were together. You've made reference to the love found in both your mother and father, quite sweet of you! I hope Ide-san took your intent at heart and treasures it for the duration of the miai. She seems to like you very much!" She exclaimed with optimism.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 am

Suteichi smiled faintly. "I appreciate your kind words of enthusiasm. However, I gather that Ide-sama is not really a suitable bride for me. Certainly for someone else but, I think that was a one-time event. I do hope she finds one who makes her happy."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:12 pm

"Oooh?" She murmured curiously as she stopped at the torii arch. "That's rather unfortunate! I thought you two got along well together! So much so that she seemed rather preoccupied to pay much attention to anything else during our picnic. Do you think that she led you on? Or she was swept away by someone else? Hard to think anyone else would have more of an effect on her."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:48 pm

"I really do not believe that she is the one for me. She is very nice, she's friendly, cute to a fault but are these the qualities of a wife? No. I just described a puppy. I did not come all this way for a pup. I came here for a wife."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Ouch, harsh! Tell me more. "Really, now? If you look it that way, then sure. However, people still find cute little pets in demand and just being adorable doesn't stop people from taking them home! If she was only pretty and cute, she's also charming and talented too with the voice. You don't suppose she's highly sought after, elsewhere?"

She shrugged before she turned to working to tie the paper charm back on the bit of rope that was coiled around the torii arch pillar. "I don't wish to force a match between you and Ide-san, if that's indeed what you saw in her. It sounded really good a few days ago and change of hearts do happen. Maybe you should be thankful that it happened now than later? Now, you still have the rest of the miai to find a new prospect or two!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:20 pm

"I am grateful for the opportunity to have met her but she is not who I wish to pursue. I have a prospect who is more to my liking."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:00 pm

"Back on your feet already? It seems that you work rather fast...dare I ask for details or hints when it comes to who? Perhaps I can aid you by consulting the oracle?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion