To The Ancestors For Guidance (Day 6 EM)

Re: To The Ancestors For Guidance (Day 6 EM)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:36 am

"Have you spoken to any of the Unicorn priests, Bayushi-san?" Tomonaga asked. "I actually haven't met any of them, myself. But I've heard they have a different way of doing things. I suppose it depends on if you're expecting to be bringing someone into the Scorpion, or marrying into the Unicorn."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:24 am

"I have, actually, two of them." She nodded. "You are right to say that they have a different way of doing things, as they don't commune to the kami in the same fashion that I do, but focus on a special brand of mysticism to channel their power. However, it seems that they still act as heads of their spiritual community, their kin come to them for advice and their traditions. If I am to marry a mystic from the Unicorn clan, I'm certain he'll be able to complement me in my duties, and vice versa."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:31 am

"Well, that sounds fortunate. Errr, lucky. No maybe fortunate was the right word. Ummmm... is that your hope, then? To marry a priest, who can compliment you in your duties?"

Tomonaga gave Mizuki a curious look. What was she looking for in a husband? The same thing he was looking for in a wife, perhaps?
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Mizuki watches kinswoman waiting to see the answer. For her part, Mizuki doesn't betray her thoughts. It's not a secret. Just her training.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:25 am

Hotaru drew in a breath and looked up at the skies in consideration. "Uhm, well...I did mention that there are some obvious differences between us, so it does make me wonder if their mystics would fit into my religious duties. There would be clearly some work done to have our duties align."

She smiled brightly at the Yasuki. "Much in the same situation as yourself, Yasuki-sama! It's quite likely that your future wife won't know the inner workings of sake brewing or economics in the same way as you, but there's probably some way she could compliment you in your duties in time. One way or another."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Previous

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion