Pleas of the Heart to a Yogo (Day 7, LM, Mizuki's Room)

Pleas of the Heart to a Yogo (Day 7, LM, Mizuki's Room)

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Yuki took a deep breath as she paused outside the room of someone she had been told was a potential rival to her being with Butaj. It had taken hours to screw up the courage to write that letter, now that she was standing here, she was very uncertain that it had been a wise decision. The Phoenix woman fussed with her hands for some time before finally scratching on the door to the room. "Yogo-sama?" She called out. "It's Asako Yuki."

It occured to her that, before now, she'd not been in this part of the village.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Re: Pleas of the Heart to a Yogo (Day 7, LM, Mizuki's Room)

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Mizuki comes to the door wearing her full face mask. She bows to the Phoenix. "Hello, this one is Yogo Mizuki. Have you eaten rice today?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Yuki paused for a moment. "Ah, no, Yogo-sama." She bowed. "I am Asako Yuki. I am honored that you agreed to meet with me."

Asako Yuki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:35 pm

"Well I can have some brought up, though I just finished breakfast, so I won't be eating." Mizuki invites Yuki to sit and sits herself across.

"What can I do for you today?"

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:38 pm

"That would be most gracious of Yogo-sama. But I could not ask to impose." Yuki quietly sat in seiza across from Mizuki and as the Scorpion got right to the point, she paused.

"Ano... well..." She licked her lips. "I have heard that Yogo-sama is perhaps seeking to choose Moto Butaj, at the end of this miai. Is that true?"

Asako Yuki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Mizuki nods and answers in a neutral tone. "Hai. He is one of the men I am considering."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Yuki wasted no time as she went from kneeling to bowing, nearly prostrate before the Yogo. "This one would humbly request that Yogo-sama direct her attentions elsewhere. I cannot, of course, make any sort of demand. But I would be most grateful to Yogo-sama if she looked to someone besides Moto-san."

Asako Yuki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:20 pm

The servants bring in some rice and tea for the Phoenix.

"No."

Now, she just stares at the Phoenix.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Yuki did not rise from her position. "If Yogo-sama were to reconsider, I would forever be in her debt."

Asako Yuki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 pm

"I told Butaj-san that if he wishes me to not pick him, to tell me after the final Event. I will abide by that promise."

Mizuki shakes her head. "Did you really think this would work? To ask a complete stranger to sacrifice for you? Honestly, if I did not respect Moto Butaj so much, this would solidify my choice."

After a moment. "I deserve love too."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Yuki frowned, and slowly lifted her head. "As do I, Yogo-sama." She paused then, looking down at the food that had been provided.

"Butaj-san does not know I am here, and made no request for me to do so."

Asako Yuki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:57 pm

"I'm not the one asking you to stop pursuing a man." The morning had been intense emotionally. Unfortunately, the Phoenix was an easy target to vent. "You're the one who came to me, asking me to sacrifice the possibility of man who can love me. A man who is unafraid of my love despite my name and Curse."

What a selfish brat! What does Butaj see in her?

Mizuki takes a deep breath. "I will give you a tip Asako-san. If you want people to do something, you need to make them want to do it. And to do that, you need to see things from their point of view. From the moment I was born, I have been told I am Cursed to betray the one I love most. It has haunted me since before I am born. But I am still a woman. I want someone to love me. Can you imagine what it means to have a man that could possibly love someone like me? No. I doubt you ever considered how I feel." It's only about you. "Or how precious and rare a man like Moto Butaj is to me."

Mizuki tries to hide the scorn. "No. You're very pretty and can show it. Men must fall over you. You have a wealth of choices. Yet you ask me to give up on something I never though I would have."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:37 pm

Mizuki may have expected many things as a response from Yuki. Instead she merely paused. "I... I am sorry, Yogo-sama. I had thought that, given your situation, your interest in him would not have been one of love." She sighed. "I should have known better."

She paused. "But do not presume to think you know me, or what I have gone through. Do not presume that because I was born pretty that the boys have all loved me, or that my family has thrown accolades at me. The only thing I had ever thought I wanted, what I had been taught from my birth would be my place in my family has been taken from me, all while my family laughs at me behind my back. You think the men here have been throwing themselves at me?" She shook her head. "Butaj-san is the only one I haven't had to practically hunt down."

Yuki sighed again, her face growing soft once more. Her anger burst quickly, as it usually did. "I am sorry, Yogo-sama. I had not realized you loved him, and I do not envy your position."

Asako Yuki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:09 pm

"No need for apologies. I can understand what this miai does to people." Mizuki softens some assuming she knows what Yuki is talking about. "I cannot speak to the kami either. I remember the look on my father's face when he recognized that. And family..." She doesn't think they laugh at her, but hate? Yeah. There's that. "I know that pain as well even if it is different."

Mizuki shakes the thoughts from her head. "I do not love him, but I have no doubt that I will if I leave with him."

She gives a small bow. "I apologize for my assumptions. I feel that we may have gotten along better if not for the miai. As I told Butaj-san, I will not pick him at his request. Nor will I hold a grudge if the two of you marry. I didn't promise him that. That is promise I am making to you. But if he doesn't request that I not pick him, I don't know. I can make no promises about that."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Yuki was quiet for a long moment. "What is Yogo-sama's position within the Scorpion? And what does she do for fun?" She asked, glancing up. "I ask because... if you were to choose him, I would like to know he will be happy."

Asako Yuki

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms