Tea in the Afternoon (D9 EA) [Mizuki's Room]

Re: Tea in the Afternoon (D9 EA) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 01, 2017 6:10 pm

"The Ikoma?" he made note of that. "I believe that had been mentioned to me, but few of my discussions of history have centered around where historical information is collected."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 am

"The Shosuro and the Asako also have great libraries, though the Asako library is.... not currently available." Mizuki looks at him and figures she should probably explain. "There's currently a portal to Toshigoku in the middle of it."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 9:24 am

"That is... inconvenient." He was clearly perplexed by the idea. "Does that sort of thing happen often?"
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Mizuki shakes her head. "Ie. During a recent war with the Lion and the Phoenix, the Lion used some sort nemurai to open the portal. While they were justified in their war against the Phoenix.... they probably could have used a different tactic."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm

"That does seem like a questionable measure." He shook his head. "Just when I think I'm starting to understand the way of things here, I am told something new that makes me reconsider everything. I still have much to learn."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 5:37 pm

"It is the only time in the Empire's history something like that happen. Hopefully, it will remain as such." Mizuki didn't know if that helped or not. "Though it sounds horrible, the Phoenix had been trying to negotiate with Iuchiban. They are not innocent victims in the incident. Of course, once the Elemental Council members that were responsible for the treason were executed and now the Phoenix and the Lion are alright with each other."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 5:57 pm

"Things here are not quite what we were expecting, but we will adapt." he said after a few moments of thought. "Hopefilly, the Empire will also adjust to our return. How have you felt about the miai, Yogo-sama?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 pm

"The miai itself has been pleasant. I've met many people and come to respect the returned Unicorn. The one down side is that I have not found love like others have." That I can pick. "I still do not who I will pick. I admit, this is why I invited you. I, at least, want to meet as many of your Clan's men as possible. I may not marry for love, but an agreeable marriage is preferred. Forgive me for being so blunt." She gives a bow.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 8:08 pm

He shook his head. "I appreciate the directness. I was taught to be honest in everything I do. So, I prefer clear intent from others."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 8:34 pm

"Well, since we're being honest, let me tell you of my ancestor, Yogo Kocho. He was originally Asako Yogo, the husband of Lady Asako. His skill with the kami and the battlefield were legendary. His cunning tactics eventually led him to in a great vicotry over The Ninth. But such victories come at a cost. He was cursed to betray the one he loves most. He would eventually join Bayushi-kami because he did not love him. Then, he would pass the Curse to all of his descendants. We carry it to this day."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 8:44 pm

"That is a difficult burden. It seems your family has learned to carry it, though." he added. "I imagine that makes your perspective regarding marriage more complex."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 9:46 pm

"Hai. Though the betrayal can have a wide range. Sometimes it is accidentally destroying a precious object. Sometimes it can it can lead deaths. Of course, it usually falls somewhere in the middle. It hurts, but it is something that can be overcome."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue May 02, 2017 10:56 pm

"It would not be a curse, if it could be predicted." he nodded. "Has it ever affected you directly?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 pm

"My Curse has not gone if that's what you mean. We can feel the Curse and know when it is broken."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed May 03, 2017 12:09 am

He shook his head. "I was wondering if someone else's curse had affected you. That's too personal, isn't it? Forgive me, Yogo-sama."

Shinjo Kemuri

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms