What Does the Fox Say? (D7 - EM - Takeo's Room)

Re: What Does the Fox Say? (D7 - EM - Takeo's Room)

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Ameka nods slightly. "Even through the span of time, kin is kin. The more distant, the more important to reconnect. Please forgive me if my question is rude... Do the Fox wish to rejoin the children of Shinjo within the Great Clan?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Takeo simply smiled.

"The Crane are either very intuitive or very perceptive," he replied, with a measured pace, "You have the gist of it. Though ultimately the decision rests above my head and has not been finalized yet. Kitsune-dono sent me to broach the subject, to test the waters, and to gather support so that, if the time comes, we would not find ourselves alone in what will likely become a political issue for the Empire."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:32 pm

Fukawa considered the proposal over the breakfast. After all, the Kitsune lord had done his best to accommodate them, and it would be wrong to refuse to eat.

"I can see both good and bad things of such a union." she offers. "The Unicorn would certainly benefit from having a family who were well versed in the ways of the Empire, but then again, in all this time, surely the Kitsune have their own traditions they might not wish to give up."

She sips her tea.

"I think, however, the foremost question would be about what this would mean land-wise. I can't imagine your clan abandoning Kyuden Kitsune, but you are quite a long way from the Unicorn currently, and if you were Unicorn, you would be subject once again to the possibility of war with another Great Clan."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:47 pm

"Indeed," he said, he was no strategist, but he was a soldier, same as any other, "However, we would also have access to greater resources. And we already do not use all of the space we have available - the Kitsune Mori can house many more than it currently holds. And we would become a ripe target for other Great Clans. Of course the only two clans that border the Kitsune Mori are the Crane and the Scorpion..." he said, letting his implication draw off.

"With the current alliance between the Lion and the Scorpion having proven so...robust...perhaps the Crane would be well served to have an ally with territory on both the north and south sides of them?"
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Likely the Crane would. We would prefer peaceful summers across the Empire, but sometimes peace must be....encouraged." she says. "Although, I doubt the Unicorn are looking for conflict with the clans right now, and I am not sure what their impression of the Lion and the Scorpion are."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:03 am

"The Lion are typically regarded as the masters of the art of war with the military most capable of waging war, particularly on multiple fronts, in the Empire. Perhaps the Crab could contest them, but of course the Crab have other issues to attend to. I don't expect the Lion will regard the appropriation of what they consider "their land" fondly. And at a less specific level, there may be some value in introducing another clan with a militaristic bent to the northern reaches of the Empire.

"The Unicorn are unquestionably fearsome warriors but their numbers are small. If the Kitsune were to rejoin the Unicorn, their numbers would increase by half," he pointed out.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 am

That claim caused Fukawa's eyebrows to raise a bit. Granted, she was no tactician, but half? Were the Unicorn that few in number, or were the Fox that many?

"I think the concept is sound, Kitsune-sama. I have little idea of all the steps it would take to make such happen, especially with the current Scorpion dominance in the courts, but I would personally support it." she replied.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:10 am

The Kakita nodded, "I am sure it will require the support of not only the Unicorn, but of the other clans as well. After all, as my cousins have said, the Kitsune Mori is surrounded by other clans. I have no doubt that the Crane would, of course, support this reunion but..."
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 9:41 am

"Yes, Kakita-san?" Takeo asked, wondering where she was trailing off to.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Kakita Nanami on Tue May 02, 2017 2:57 pm

She blushed ever so slightly.

"The Fox can always trust the Crane to stand by them," the Kakita said after amoment, "and I hate to speak aloud but... I am not sure that there are not... other clans the Fox may find themselves worried by if they were to rejoin the Unicorn, so far from the support of the rest of the families."
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue May 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Fukawa nods.

"I suppose it depends on what the Lion do this summer. If they don't attack the Unicorn this summer, things might be able to be arranged this Winter to deter such an attack. Of course, if they don't attack the Unicorn, the Crane are a likely target.....I can see the benefit to the arrangement, but I think it's going to come down to if there is enough time to bring it to fruition." she offers.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm

"I understand your concerns - the path ahead is fraught with many potential pitfalls. We are considering them, I assure you. But none of it will go very far without support in the courts. And so we come to the Crane," he said, smiling.

"As Shinsei said, 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.' We must not be afraid to step onto the road because of what lies at the end."

Kitsune Takeo

Previous

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms