Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:00 am

Butaj watches Khulun's shifting reaction with curiosity that leads him to thoughts he has not suspected himself to have. For a moment he smiles... differently. When she addresses him with respect, however, it is far greater a reward for him than her whatever yurt activity his assertiveness.

"May your enemies cower when your gaze rests on them, Sayyeda Khulun, and your friends be strong and true."

The man looks at her departure for a moment, then turns toward the crowd. His self-consciousness is gone, he now sees them for their strengths and their weaknesses. With topshur under his arm, he sets off to look for that Doji maiden who has got interested in his music.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:31 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:Well she hadn't said shogi, so it wasn't the game of the Bloodspeakers . . . or was it?

"Go is the strategy game of choice played on boards for the Empire, but it is played with stones, not figures. My clan considers itself an expert practitioner of that particular game, although it is not something suitable for the fields I serve in."

Yes that would be the perfect scout, slinking through the undergrowth with a bag of Go stones rattling away.

"Oh? I have not experienced Go yet, though I am sure many of our bushi would be interested. Stones... quite interesting." She was thoughtful. Perhaps the Rokugani could not spare the expense of commissioning figures, and just used stones from the road?

"The Lion seem to have a wealth of expertise then. May I ask what kind of bride are you looking for Matsu-san?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:07 am

"Perhaps not, but men talk differently between themselves than they do with women," the Hare pointed out with an amused chuckle. "Just like women talk differently between ourselves... especially when talking about men."

She gave a knowing glance to her fellow woman at that.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:14 am

His cheeks gained a slight pink coloration. "I wouldn't know." he shrugged and shook his head, he was clearly a bit skittish regarding this topic "I am neither a woman nor someone that speaks much about this subject."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:19 am

Otaku Imane wrote:A significant tactical advantage.

Imane tucked that away and nodded thoughtfully at the Isawa's conjecture. This was a useful meeting.

"So would I be right in thinking that there is little emphasis on cavalry in battle since my people departed Isawa Nonin-san?"

She wondered if there was something wrong with the fodder. Or maybe the handlers were incompetent, but then again it could have been a result of diverging traditions.

"I would believe that to be correct, Otaku-san," agrees Nonin. "While a samurai might ride a horse to battle, they expect to fight the battle on foot."

"But your tradition fights from horseback, ne? That must require considerable training.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:25 am

Matsu Nintoku wrote:His cheeks gained a slight pink coloration. "I wouldn't know." he shrugged and shook his head, he was clearly a bit skittish regarding this topic "I am neither a woman nor someone that speaks much about this subject."

Seeing the Matsu blush was unexpected, but the bunny knew when not to push a Matsu too far... that's how people lost their heads. Still, seeing she got a reaction out of him was amusing enough, and she'd save it for another time when she wouldn't embarrass him in public.

So she graciously let him escape that particular conversation with his dignity intact.

"...Being gathered here like this for a miai, it makes one wonder what sort of traditions the Unicorn have established for marriage and matchmaking. Learning about that could make one better prepared to impress our hosts and future spouse."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:30 am

The topic change caused the Matsu to sigh out of relief and when his composure was back he set his eyes on the Usagi once more. "Marriage traditions?" he remembered the conversation with Akil "Well I learned a few things from Shinjo Akil."

"Apparently the Unicorn have a much more relaxed view on marriage." he explained calmly "The Moto per instances had a tradition of stealing their bride and carrying them to their 'Yoruto'. Though Shinjo-san assure me the Ide would not allow for such traditions."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:51 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:
"I'm not so sure Meushi would be fond of that. I'd probably have to train her up a bit I think," he says with a chuckle. "But as for myself? I am certain I'd love it. I'm a bit of a thrill seeker in that regard. She couldn't always join me on the ride when I'd go off and explore the more hazardous terrains we passed through. She definitely couldn't swim in some of the rapid waters I've dared or climbed some of the heights I've challenged. Though I've never conquered a mountain. Something I'd definitely love to try someday."

"You can't take a horse up a mountain," Chou said, chuckling. Then, flawlessly: "You need a large goat to carry you."
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:59 am

"We have some pretty sturdy goats," he says with a shrug. "Though they're a bit more temperamental than horses, I may be able to find one big enough to do so."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:27 am

Matsu Nintoku wrote:The topic change caused the Matsu to sigh out of relief and when his composure was back he set his eyes on the Usagi once more. "Marriage traditions?" he remembered the conversation with Akil "Well I learned a few things from Shinjo Akil."

"Apparently the Unicorn have a much more relaxed view on marriage." he explained calmly "The Moto per instances had a tradition of stealing their bride and carrying them to their 'Yoruto'. Though Shinjo-san assure me the Ide would not allow for such traditions."

"Eh?" she blinked a few times. "Goodness... I should certainly they dissuaded them from such... errr... tactics."

Tomoe gave a small huff, seemingly not terribly impressed with such barbaric tactics of taking a woman. "... Seems like a good idea to practice some self-defense..."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:30 am

Iuchi Batul wrote:
"Yes, believe lands of the Unicorn stretch out to Seikitsu sano Yama no Oi, although I wouldn't say this is north side of Shinomen Forest" She agreed with tenderness. "These lands are like we have only heard of. In our stories, Emerald Embire is a heavenly blace, and now I agree."

(In the setting the lands of the Unicorn don't reach the Shinomen... yet)

"I'm glad you enjoy it. Nature holds much beauty and majesty. I'd love to be able to see as much as I can, even if it's up here in your lands."

He smiled, "What are your interests lovely Batul-san? How do you spend your time not directly related to fulfilling your duties?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:51 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Eh?" she blinked a few times. "Goodness... I should certainly they dissuaded them from such... errr... tactics."

Tomoe gave a small huff, seemingly not terribly impressed with such barbaric tactics of taking a woman. "... Seems like a good idea to practice some self-defense..."

"If Usagi-san would feel safer learning how to better defend herself, I wouldn't mind showing her some basics." he stated plainly "Though I doubt the Unicorn would allow some of the more... eccentric practices to take place."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:52 am

Ide Samai wrote:"Oh? I have not experienced Go yet, though I am sure many of our bushi would be interested. Stones... quite interesting." She was thoughtful. Perhaps the Rokugani could not spare the expense of commissioning figures, and just used stones from the road?

"The Lion seem to have a wealth of expertise then. May I ask what kind of bride are you looking for Matsu-san?"

"I am the youngest and . . . smallest of my siblings. I would bring back a woman of honour and skill to match any of my sisters."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:56 am

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"If Usagi-san would feel safer learning how to better defend herself, I wouldn't mind showing her some basics." he stated plainly "Though I doubt the Unicorn would allow some of the more... eccentric practices to take place."

Considering that Butaj-character, it might not be a bad idea.

"If it's no inconvenience, Matsu-sama... it sounds like it might be a useful to practice for. Even if such extreme traditions have been rejected by the Ide." Besides, this Lion seemed less likely to go for a grope during a sparring match, compared to Yuuru.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:01 pm

He dismissed her concern with his hand "It is no problem." he plainly stated "I was already going to start training tomorrow as such I can share some tips on how to defend yourself in hand to hand. Or does Usagi-san have some knowledge in weapon training?"
Description
Matsu Nintoku

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center