The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:36 pm

"Don't forget to drink up," he says with a bit of concern. "It may be a bit difficult with your stomach feeling tied in knots, but I assure you it's worth it."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Ryori turns to see who the Moto is calling pretty.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji looks slightly embarrassed and puts his sake cup back on the table. "No... I am afraid I myself am not a constructor. I am a Bushi. Although I have done my share of rock hauling, my extended family are the real builders."

Tomonaga smirked at this modesty. "So, you don't build walls. Instead, as our mutual cousins are so fond of saying, you are the Wall." He lifted his sake cup, toasting Hiroji.

Turning back to Batul, he spoke again. "I met a Shinjo Akil this morning." He said. "He seemed to me to be an impressive warrior." For just a moment, he frowned. Then, his eyes crinkled with humor as he looked again at Batul. "But Iuchi-san! I didn't realize your mother had taught you about trade. Perhaps I should be trying to trade my family's sake to you instead of offering it, eh?" His tone was joking as he spoke.

Hiroji returns his toast with a smirk. "I suppose you could say that Tomonaga-sama."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:"There are some who would construe it as insulting, but as someone who is still learning more of the etiquette of samurai than of big cats, I understand the confusion. You could see if you could trade for one. Though there is no shopping here from what I have heard, trading will likely occur at some point. And if you have a trunk full of things, I am sure there is something in there someone will want to trade for."

Kogo ponders a moment. "It was a gift before my entry into the Akodo court. I spent several months there and learned a great deal." The Matsu's fan is gold, with lines of yellow, black and white outling a mon of a lion's paw holding a samurai sword. The lines radiate out from the mon, forming a styilized sun.

"I think there was a Mantis here in the room earlier speaking of trade."

"It is certainly a beautiful piece of art. I can only imagine it now, looking out over a crowd to see all the various scenes depicted on their fans. I bet it is quite a stunning sight. Did you enjoy the courts? As far as trade goes, do you mean Yuzuki-san? I met her earlier. Say, that reminds me. Why does Yuzuki mean Mantis? What language is that?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Shinjo Akil on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Ide Samai wrote:"Certainly, we are thankful. We did know worse hosts." She took another sip from her tea, the blackness cool now.

"I am looking forward to meeting them, and getting to know each other." She paused. "And our home."

"Yes we did," he chuckled. As he looked out, he caught the different colors and sights, smiling a bit. "I cannot wait."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Don't forget to drink up," he says with a bit of concern. "It may be a bit difficult with your stomach feeling tied in knots, but I assure you it's worth it."

"I'm sure with you looking after me, I'll be just fine," she returned with a light smile.
"So tell me more about yourself. You are adventurous, yes, and lucky too, you said? Explain further."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:58 pm

"I've always had a knack for physical activities. Climbing, jumping, swimming and that sort of thing. For some reason I've always felt more excited by such things and pushed harder at them rather than held back. Just part of my nature I guess. When I was younger I can remember climbing this old rotted out tree with a couple of friends. We were racing to the top. Well, we got there... but when we did we had made it top heavy. And as it came falling down in the direction such that it should have landed on me, I somehow found myself standing on top of it and completely unscathed. One of my friends was not so lucky. He had to train with the Ide after losing his hand. The other ended up with a couple sprains and lot's of cuts. To this day I'm still not sure how exactly I got where I was... I just know that my heart was pumping with excitement rather than fear. At least until I saw my friends injuries and had to do what I could to get help and take care of them."

He shrugs, "That kind of thing happens with me relatively frequently... finding myself coming out of dangerous exploits unharmed by some odd and fortunate circumstance."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:
She raised an eyebrow and looked back at the tall (to her) Matsu.

Matsu Yurio wrote:As Yuuru had adequately covered the required answer to the red meat question, Yurio chose to indulge in a favourite Lion pastime. Bragging.

"The Matsu is the biggest family in the Empire. Lady Matsu's descendants carry on her martial prowess. We constitute the largest and most formidable armed force in the Empire. Ready to march on Akodo Misaki's command at any moment."

Imane smiled. "Oh how wonderful, a full family full of big samurai like you! Tell me more about Lady Matsu and this Akodo Misaki!" She popped some bacon into her mouth and looked at him with honest curiosity.

"Surely you know of Lady Matsu, the Lion Clan Thunder and founder of my line? How she led Akodo-no-kami's armies in the First War and felled Ikoma with a single punch?"

He raised an eyebrow. Every child should be taught this, surely?

"Akodo Misaki is the current Champion of the Lion, Lady of the Right Hand and commander of armies. Victor of the War of Burned Wings, she leads us to honour and glory."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:08 pm

"Oh! How terrible for your friends! And yes, I would say you are very lucky, indeed. Let's hope our ride is not nearly as exciting, but still memorable, nei?"
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji looks slightly embarrassed and puts his sake cup back on the table. "No... I am afraid I myself am not a constructor. I am a Bushi. Although I have done my share of rock hauling, my extended family are the real builders."

"I am sorry, I should had thought better. Also among my family there are times one is born with magic or without, and studies among the other families. Always all for the good of the clan." She added to cheer him up.

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga smirked at this modesty. "So, you don't build walls. Instead, as our mutual cousins are so fond of saying, you are the Wall." He lifted his sake cup, toasting Hiroji.

Turning back to Batul, he spoke again. "I met a Shinjo Akil this morning." He said. "He seemed to me to be an impressive warrior." For just a moment, he frowned. Then, his eyes crinkled with humor as he looked again at Batul. "But Iuchi-san! I didn't realize your mother had taught you about trade. Perhaps I should be trying to trade my family's sake to you instead of offering it, eh?" His tone was joking as he spoke.

The samurai-ko finished her sake, as they all toasted for the Kaiu and the bushi of the Crab.

"A samurai cannot go against his word, Tomonaga-san, what you have offered, you cannot take back anymore." She playfully teased. "Maybe if I deem it brober quality, I can talk to Ide family and have some bought from Tomonaga-san's business. In exchange, maybe you can get some cheese to go with sake."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:"There are some who would construe it as insulting, but as someone who is still learning more of the etiquette of samurai than of big cats, I understand the confusion. You could see if you could trade for one. Though there is no shopping here from what I have heard, trading will likely occur at some point. And if you have a trunk full of things, I am sure there is something in there someone will want to trade for."

Kogo ponders a moment. "It was a gift before my entry into the Akodo court. I spent several months there and learned a great deal." The Matsu's fan is gold, with lines of yellow, black and white outling a mon of a lion's paw holding a samurai sword. The lines radiate out from the mon, forming a styilized sun.

"I think there was a Mantis here in the room earlier speaking of trade."

"It is certainly a beautiful piece of art. I can only imagine it now, looking out over a crowd to see all the various scenes depicted on their fans. I bet it is quite a stunning sight. Did you enjoy the courts? As far as trade goes, do you mean Yuzuki-san? I met her earlier. Say, that reminds me. Why does Yuzuki mean Mantis? What language is that?"

Kogo flips up her fan again, covering her mouth. She pauses for a moment. "They are quite stunning. I enjoyed some of my time at court, though I had much to learn, so it had its moments." She pauses again. "I think that may be the name I heard. I have not met her directly." Her brow furrows and she lowers her fan. "I do not know Otaku-san. I have never heard such a family name before. Perhaps we should ask Shimizu-san? His family is part Ikoma, so he is more connected to other's histories." He is also unlikely to laugh at me for my ignorance.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:"A samurai cannot go against his word, Tomonaga-san, what you have offered, you cannot take back anymore." She playfully teased. "Maybe if I deem it brober quality, I can talk to Ide family and have some bought from Tomonaga-san's business. In exchange, maybe you can get some cheese to go with sake."

His face exaggeratedly solemn, Tomonaga bowed. "You are right, of course, Iuchi-san. A samurai cannot go back on his word." Straightening, he smiled. "Besides, I really do think you'll enjoy it."

He turned to Hiroji. "Hiroji-san, I gave you some Golden Carp to try, right? I can't imagine I wouldn't have, seeing as we traveled together and all, but I'm used to travelling with family members. And they've all tried it, of course."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo flips up her fan again, covering her mouth. She pauses for a moment. "They are quite stunning. I enjoyed some of my time at court, though I had much to learn, so it had its moments." She pauses again. "I think that may be the name I heard. I have not met her directly." Her brow furrows and she lowers her fan. "I do not know Otaku-san. I have never heard such a family name before. Perhaps we should ask Shimizu-san? His family is part Ikoma, so he is more connected to other's histories." He is also unlikely to laugh at me for my ignorance.

Chi-Pu thinks for a moment and then shakes her head.

"It is of no pressing matter. I just thought it would be good to know if the rest of the Unicorn ask me when I share with them what I have learned. Shimizu-san seems otherwise engaged tonight, we should let him enjoy his meal. Besides, it's not like it will cause any harm to leave the question a mystery for now."

Chi-Pu shrugs

"Have you thought of what you will do this evening before you retire for bed? I myself think a nice walk alone will be nice. Help me gather my thoughts and take in all that has happened today. And perhaps help settle my stomach more."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:...

"I have no doubt our ride will be quite memorable and have none of that sort of danger. Have you ever been on a horse before?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:24 pm

She blinked slowly and shook her head No.

"I've never had a need, to be perfectly honest. I'm an agile sort, on my better days," she added with a small smirk then.

Usagi Tsukimi

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center