Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:
Kogo listens intently. "I do not believe I have met Soshi-sama. I will look forward to meeting him as the miai continues." She pauses. "It sounds like you have found an honorable position the benefits your talents. For does not Akodo say, 'With the spirits of his ancestors standing beside him, a samurai never stands alone.'? You will help keep the spirits of your ancestors alive for your clan, that may be guided by them into further honor. "

"Thank you," she smiled proudly, as she figured such praise probably meant a lot coming from a Lion.

"But Matsu-sama has the look of a fierce warrior. You attended the dojo of Lady Matsu or somewhere else?"

Kogo lifts her fan for a moment as she blushes. "I attended the dojo of our Matsu beastmasters. Later, you may meet my Warcat, Noburu, if you like. She usually accompanies me, but I suspected this gathering would not be to her liking. So she is enjoying her afternoon nap. We have spent a great deal of time together, her and I, and she is my partner in combat. Fierce, swift and committed. I hope to one day train with more of her kind and be honored to fight alongside them."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru put the tip of his tongue awkwardly to the edge of his two front upper teeth and tried to mimic the 'L' sound she made.

"Batt-uLL." He said practicing. "Batt-uL."

He checked for a nod of acceptance before smiling. "A Fortunes player huh? I'll have to be careful not to lose all my money."

"There is no need to drag the L much." She corrected him with kindness, pronouncing her name after his tries, making emphasis on the parts that he had gotten wrong in his tries. "But need not worry, I will know when you are calling me.

And how has Yuuru-san found the recuberated lands of the Unicorn? I must confess I was not exbecting such beauty."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"I see."

She opened her mouth to speak again, but caught herself before actually doing so. She'd discovered over time that telling people about her mystical abilities was generally not a good idea.

"Well, that's still useful in a fight."

"Yes." Another nod. "Has Yuzuki-san had a chance to travel before this occasion?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Noticing a familiar song, Kitakuhime stops i the middle of her way out of the gathering. With a happy spin, she turns back and tries to find to source of the tune. Once there, she just stops, and listens. Smile gradually widening on her face.

To please a shiotome, and a one as distinguished as Kitakuhime, is a great joy for Butaj! Once he notices her smile, he smiles back, and when the self-duelling is over, he picks his own favourite composition of all times to remain worthy of appreciation of the Otaku lady! The sense of Unicorn togetherness intoxicates Butaj, what brings the effect of an impassioned performance.

(Butaj's Theme Song - Beautiful Steppe!)
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Amaya recognises the Moto's song and looks over from her conversational companion at Butaj, her smile become less stiff and formal.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Isawa Nonin wrote:"I was be honored, Otaku-san," said Nonin following along.

"Speaking to the Kami is a rare talent, even among the Phoenix, it is difficult to explain," he says thoughtfully. "Let me think about how best to do so."

Otaku Imane wrote:(OOC: Holy exploding thread!)

OOC: Indeed!

She led him over to her beautiful horse, enjoying the companionable and thoughtful silence. "It must be hard if your own duty is a rare thing to be able to perform? Fortunately mine is to ride like the wind and to do so with my best friend here."

She gently stroked the huge horses nose.

"This is Almatar. Almatar, meet Isawa Nonin."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:"And of course Akodo Saito, who proved that any clan could hold the position and the contest was not rigged"

Fukawa almost laughed at the Lion's bold words. Almost.

"Indeed, as I said, many more Shimizu-san." she replied. "Although I would like to think that Akodo Saito's legacy was more than showing that such a sacred test was not, as you say, rigged. But I am not well versed in history of the Lion. Do you, perhaps, know more of his exploits and would you be willing to share them?"

"I am not priest, bard, or tactician though the lion has brought members of some of those with us. I know he was the 4th champion, and served between the reigns of Sasumagi and Hatsuo"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:
Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru put the tip of his tongue awkwardly to the edge of his two front upper teeth and tried to mimic the 'L' sound she made.

"Batt-uLL." He said practicing. "Batt-uL."

He checked for a nod of acceptance before smiling. "A Fortunes player huh? I'll have to be careful not to lose all my money."

"There is no need to drag the L much." She corrected him with kindness, pronouncing her name after his tries, making emphasis on the parts that he had gotten wrong in his tries. "But need not worry, I will know when you are calling me.

And how has Yuuru-san found the recuberated lands of the Unicorn? I must confess I was not exbecting such beauty."

"They are quite unique. Open, unhindered, beautiful. Much like some of their new occupants." He smiled handsomely.

"I'm something of a cartographer and explorer, so getting to see all this is quite exciting for me. My normal domain is the Shinomen forest, so this is quite the change of pace."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:15 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:To please a shiotome, and a one as distinguished as Kitakuhime, is a great joy for Butaj! Once he notices her smile, he smiles back, and when the self-duelling is over, he picks his own favourite composition of all times to remain worthy of appreciation of the Otaku lady! The sense of Unicorn togetherness intoxicates Butaj, what brings the effect of an impassioned performance.

(Butaj's Theme Song - Beautiful Steppe!)

She closes her eyes for a while, and it grows to be more than she had anticipated. The song engulfs her as designed by Butaj's performance. She daydreams about how the young Unicorn, born in shadows, finally reach the light. She comes back to Dark Edge Village, and realizes it wasn't a dream after all.

One hand goes up, and she rubs her left eye.
Last edited by Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Seppun Hitako wrote:She returned the bow. "It was... adequate. Nothing fancy, but considering his lack of training for the courts, for Rokugan in general, it was a good job. It will be interesting to participate in this meal. See some of what they serve. Will they attempt delicacies of the Court? Go with hardy rice? Something foreign they bring back with them? I can't wait to see."

"I would assume that they haven't spent time studying our food, so I would think your curiosities might be sated" Hideo said with a chuckle "I do wonder though what we will see. I haven't managed to find many texts on gaijin foods, nor have I investigated the crops that the Unicorn are growing. Have you looked into it?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Butaj may seem carefree at times, or even careless, but his soul is that of a Unicorn to its core. The same reasons that have triggered Kitakuhime's reaction have affected him too. He looks knowingly to the Otaku princess, then to the blue-blue sky, then to the western steppe and breathes deeply while lowering the topshur and not touching its strings for now. His beard twitches slightly as the chin underneath it does so. There will be a break from music, for after this nothing feels good enough.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:"I see."

She opened her mouth to speak again, but caught herself before actually doing so. She'd discovered over time that telling people about her mystical abilities was generally not a good idea.

"Well, that's still useful in a fight."

"Yes." Another nod. "Has Yuzuki-san had a chance to travel before this occasion?"

"A little. But this is my first trip across the sea since my Gempukku."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj may seem carefree at times, or even careless, but his soul is that of a Unicorn to its core. The same reasons that have triggered Kitakuhime's reaction have affected him too. He looks knowingly to the Otaku princess, then to the blue-blue sky, then to the western steppe and breathes deeply while lowering the topshur and not touching its strings for now. His beard twitches slightly as the chin underneath it does so. There will be a break from music, for after this nothing feels good enough.

Kitakuhime disappears from sight, as Butaj looks elsewhere.

Moments later, he might notice someone approaching. With a cup in her hand, she offers him some water, but doesn't say a thing.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Dedicated throat singing leaves the throat quite sore. Even though Butaj's voice is strong and resilient, he has given his all to the previous song and so he accepts the water eagerly with a respectful nod.

"Gyalaila (Thank you)." He says quietly looking at her with his large, rounder-than-most eyes.

Moto Butaj

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Dedicated throat singing leaves the throat quite sore. Even though Butaj's voice is strong and resilient, he has given his all to the previous song and so he accepts the water eagerly with a respectful nod.

"Gyalaila (Thank you)." He says quietly looking at her with his large, rounder-than-most eyes.

She nods in return, and gets nearby to whisper, "Honor them with our greatness."

With that, she smiles again, about to leave.

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center