[D5, EM] Keeping tabs

[D5, EM] Keeping tabs

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Takashi starts his day with a brisk walk to the administration center to view any updates on the list of participants. There's an extra bounce in his step after performing well in the egg hunting event, but there's also a heavy sense of relief that his battle with the weasels hadn't broken some and cost him points.

Arriving, he strolls over to the postings to see what new information has appeared. He tucks hands into kimono sleeves casually as he looks closely at the list.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Re: [D5, EM] Keeping tabs

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Meanwhile, Iuchi Yukarin had gone to the administration center for a very specific reason; To pick up bandages for the bites of those very weasels. Sure they didn't have any spare medics, but it wasn't as if the bites hurt; She would bandage them just to hide them while they healed.

Roll in hand she thanked her Ide cousin before turning toward the entrance.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 am

Takashi stepped back from the postings, considering whether the most recent update required being written down in his notes. Taking a couple of steps while still looking back at the list, the tall Lion nearly tripped over the passing Unicorn. Though it was--fortunately--only a slight jostle, after recovering himself, Takashi began apologizing profusely.

"Oh, Unicorn-sama, my sincerest apologies! This one was being thoughtless and hopes no harm was done." He hangs his head remorsefully.
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Being the graceful and aware person that she was... the slight jostle was enough. As a tiny squeak passed her lips she fell backwards, arms windmilling.

Landing on her tush, she sat there rubbing it as she looked up at the large man, "N-No harm done Kitsu-san. I was not paying attention either. Atatata..."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:54 pm

The Lion stands nervously, conflicted about offering to help the Unicorn rise and hesitant to touch an unknown woman. After the awkward hesitation, he gulps and reaches out. "Unicorn-sama, may I help you rise? This one is Kitsu Takashi, student of the Ikoma, and I can most honestly say that my prior are rarely so disruptive." The small smile on his face suggests he's trying to make a self-effacing joke. Which looks a bit awkward given the slightly terrified look in his eyes.
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Yukarin, however, was neither mad nor nervous. Taking the offered help she nods, "And this one is Iuchi Yukarin-san, student of the Ide Emissaries."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Relieved by Yukarin's reaction, Takashi relaxes noticeably.

"Oh, Iuchi Yukarin-san." He gestures toward the postings. "You are well regarded among the miai participants. Especially after the Ide language test, I recall now. Congratulations on your impressive victory." The Lion gives a bow of respect, the situation now much normalized for his Rokugani brain.
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 pm

Yukarin smiles and gives a bow once she's standing, "I thank you for the kind words; I will need to see if I can impress in other tests now though, or if I am a one trick pony. If you will pardon the Unicorn colloquialism."

She was glad the man seemed to relax a little, "I seem to recall your name coming up when impressive results were concerned, for one of the Shinjo tests, Kitsu-sama."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 am

Takashi chuckles at the pony comment. Which, all things considered, probably speaks well of him, as few Rokugani, and even fewer Lion, would really fathom a pony doing tricks.

His teeth clench at the mention of his strong showing in the scouting event, though his smile remains. "Oh, Iuchi-san, you are too generous in your praise. My father's family, the Ikoma, are well known for their scouting abilities. I am grateful that their keen eyes extended to me enough to make a respectable showing." His modesty seems quite genuine, as a hint of embarrassment is noticeable in his manner. "I expect both sides of my family would have been much aggrieved if I'd done poorly," he says with a smile and a pleasant laugh.
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:02 am

Yukarin nodded at the mention of the Ikoma name, "Mmm... that is new news to me; The old books we had in the sands were all over the place about the Ikoma. But I'd heard they'd become focused on the courts for the Lion."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:21 am

With the focus off him personally, Takashi rapidly warms to the conversation.

"The Ikoma have many roles in the Lion Clan. I am most familiar with the courts, but many Ikoma are scouts, magistrates, scribes, historians... The omoidasu who are masters of our oral history tradition are probably the most famous, but there are few roles where an Ikoma wouldn't be welcome." Takashi's smile glows with pride in his family. Er--"Of course, I am Kitsu. We are generally not so diverse in our roles." The Lion bobs his head for emphasis, then smiles to suggest that's a great understatement.
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 am

Yukarin pondered a second, "...so it is exceedingly uncommon then for a child of shugenja to be born without the gift? Obviously things were a bit... different in that regard, in the Sands."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:36 am

Takashi's smile bends toward a grimace, but he pulls it back.

"Yes, especially amongst the Kitsu. We take marriage arrangements... very seriously." He pauses for a moment, perhaps letting an awkward thought pass his mind. "Even in my immediate family, I am the child who does not speak to the kami. Both my sisters are notable talents as shugenja, perhaps among the most skilled in a generation." Takashi's voice, proud and earnest as it sounds when he speaks of his sisters, carries a strong note of... some other emotion.
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:39 am

Yukarin gives a small nod, "I too have older siblings very gifted in the mystical arts. I wonder, though, how many of my family in the Iuchi can speak to the kami the same ways yours in the Kitsu can..."

She seemed thoughtful, looking at him curiously, "Is it something your family wished you to take into consideration?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Takashi pauses, trying to answer thoughtfully. "The consideration was not mine," he begins, shrugging off the idea that there'd been a choice for him. He keeps his tone as light as he can. "When the kami do not listen, or, with the Kitsu, when the ancestors are not quick to respond, the path of the shugenja is simply unavailable. The only choice is, what else?" The smile had long since slipped away, and there was somberness on the Lions face. After a heavy pause, he remarks, ""I am fortunate, I know, that my father's dedicated service to the clan and to the Ikoma in particular made my training with his family much easier to arrange." He revives the smile now, though it's noticeably more forced than before.
Kitsu Takashi

Next

Return to The Administrative Center