Listen to the Falling Rain (D4-EE)

Listen to the Falling Rain (D4-EE)

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:48 am

The rain had caught her off guard, it had started as a bearable drizzle that had turned into a torrent as she passed through town towards her yurt. Her straw cloak had done most of its work to leave her body dry, but her hair was soaked. Looking for a place to hide, the samurai-ko looked up and ran inside what seemed to be a food place of sorts. At least she could get diner while she waited for the water to stop.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Re: Listen to the Falling Rain (D4-EE)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:51 am

Another drenched patron entered the establishment and wiped himself off. The rain had suddenly just... collapsed down on him. He too looked for a place to sit and wait out the torrent when he caught sight of Batul.

He smiled and approached, "Iuchi-san! Long time no see!"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:08 am

The samurai-ko was squeezing water out of her hair when the door opened again. She was happily surprised by a known face in such a situation. She reincorporated herself and removed her straw cloak, revealing her simple cotton kimono of bright yellow and white.

"Yuuru-san, I had not exbected you here. I guess you too have been caught by the rain in surbrise." She signaled for them to take a seat. "Blease, join me for diner since we are stuck here."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

Iuchi Batul

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:11 am

He smiled, "I'll need to make sure I do my prayers to thank the water kami before I sleep tonight then. They seem to have set me up for dinner with a beautiful woman out of the kindness of their hearts."

He came and sat next to Batul while removing his outer coat. "It's a pleasure to see you again. I had wanted to talk to you sooner, but seemed to keep missing you."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:45 am

She looked out, "it seems as today they will be around us for a while, so they will be eager to hear you." She gave a giggle to her own joke. At least something seemed to go well from the heavy rainy day... "I have never seen a rain such as this one, the desert isn't the most humid blace. Does it rain like this often?"

"I have been doing my Unicorn duties, taking care of my studies and coming to the events of my clan, save for the archery test. I never was good with weabons." Her hands revealed softness and also not having carried a weapon before. "I always thought I could use my magic if in danger, or debend on some handsome shining samurai for brotection."

Iuchi Batul

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:48 am

He smiled and chuckled at her joke, "I've seen what priestesses can do with the right kind of protection. My mother and both my brothers are shugenja. I'm sure you'd do just fine with your shining samurai by your side."

He looked to the window, "As for the weather... I couldn't tell you in these parts. But the rainy season in certain parts of the Empire can get quite wet... Quite wet indeed."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:21 am

Batul's stomach ached as the smells of the kitchen reached to them. The samurai-ko asked for the tender with a quick look that called him to the pair, waiting for the order to be made. Without a doubt, and taking over, the samurai-ko ordered for them both. Food was something complicated, so she decided to keep it to some basics that they would both like. "Ramen for two, fried rice with egg, and tembura, sumimasen. All with some sake to bring down." The tender struggled a bit with the accent of the samurai-ko, it seemed as he had been there when the land had belonged to the Lion, so at least he would know the dishes.

"Ahaa, so the Soshi is a family of Shugenja?" She asked with interest. "I know little of the Scorpion and families. This is more interesting than the weather."

Iuchi Batul

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 am

He smiled and nodded, "There are many priests within the Soshi family, yes. But even then it is still a rare gift. Not all are born with it; like my father and I."

He nodded his thanks at the order, "The Yogo family also have many priests. The Bayushi tend to populate our armies and courts, and the Shosuro... well they're quite adaptable."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:02 am

"So the Scorbion have 4 families... Bayushi, Soshi, Yogo and Shosuro?" She recalled from his words and asked. "And two families have shugenja, and only one has bart warriors?"

How could they deal in battles in this way? She wondered... maybe the Empire was a place of not many wars, and that is why they did not have need of so many warriors among them. Would the Unicorn also lose the warrior families? They had three of them.

"I thought the Dragon and Fenix clan to be the religious ones... two families of briestesses is strange, sbecially with only one warrior family. I had not exbected something like this in the Scorbion clan. And your lands are near the Mountain and the Shinomen Forest, you said to me when we sboke."

Iuchi Batul

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:03 am

He tilted his head slightly, "Well... Primarily Bayushi fill the role as warriors, but like I said, the gift of speaking to the kami is not common. Many from the Yogo, Soshi, and even Shosuro fight in our clan's armies. I myself am a bushi despite being Soshi. The majority of our population is bushi or courtier. And while we do have a fair number of priests and priestesses, their purpose and focus is slightly different than say the Phoenix or Dragon."

He then smiled and nodded, "Indeed. We occupy the area south of your new lands. South and to the southeast."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:47 am

"Hmmm, maybe it is the bosition of the clan that the Scorbion are brotected. Mountain to north, forest to south, and unaligned lands on one side and the other. This is maybe why your number of warriors needs not be too high." Batul seemed in deep thought as the food finally reached them, as she meditated about the Scorpion's words. I then see that the Crab have many warriors because of their eternal fight. Her gaze gained focused again, looking back to the Soshi, adding a charming smile. "We have the Lion and the Dragon as borders, and we have the lands outside as well. I think it is good that we have three families of warriors."

Iuchi Batul

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 am

He nodded, "I suppose so. Though I doubt the Dragon are anyone to be too worried about, they tend to keep to themselves enough. The Lion... well... it's always good to be ready for the Lion."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:27 am

"I have noticed that the relations between Unicorn and Lion are already a bit harsh after the meeting between our Chambions..." Remembered the samurai-ko. It seemed that the Lion were strong traditionalists. The food was set on the table, and Batul started to eat, trying from the separate dishes, and nodding as the flavors filled her. "Hobefully there will be beace, the Ide will look to that." She mumbled between bites. "We need some rest after the long ride, and time to build our new homes."

Iuchi Batul

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:02 am

He nodded, "With the right alliances and connections... perhaps a reprieve is possible."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Batul on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:35 am

"Eto...." The girl was clearly nervous, "Has Yuuru-sama... has you met anyone in these days?" Jealousy maybe?

Iuchi Batul

Next

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village