Day 8 [LE] The Word On The Street

Re: Day 8 [LE] The Word On The Street

Postby Kakita Jinosoku on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:46 pm

"Your brother stepped into a strike intended to merely slice the mon from his sleeve." Jinosoku turns his hand palm-side up and holds it above his sword's hilt, as if offering him a gift. "If you wish to challenge the ruling of the Academy or question my intentions, you are welcome to issue a formal challenge. If not, I counsel you to watch your words."
Crane Clan • Bushi • Terrible Duelist • Emo

Kakita Jinosoku

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:44 am

Yawarakai strode through the unfamiliar streets, glancing about with studious curiousity. Puppy hairs clung to the outer layer of silk insidiously despite his occasional efforts to brush it off when some caught his eye. He sighed, finally seeming to give up, when he rounded the corner and came upon the trio.

"Mina-san," he said politely, offering each a bow while standing back a few paces so as not to physically enter the space the Kakita and Shiba seemed to be dominating.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:41 am

Kakita Jinosoku wrote:"I have nothing to discuss with you, Bayushi-san." He nods his head toward Kaizen. "Nor do I wish to spend any more time in this butcher's presence than I have. I merely wished to ensure that when you are sent home in disgrace, you understand the reason why."

Suteichi finally hit a wall he pinched the bridge of his nose, sighed then spoke.

"I was merely being courteous Kakita-sama. A trait that the Children of Doji value and excell at. My own mother is a former Kakita... no matter. I'll leave you be." There was clear irritation in his tone as he stepped back.

Shosuro Yawarakai wrote:Yawarakai strode through the unfamiliar streets, glancing about with studious curiousity. Puppy hairs clung to the outer layer of silk insidiously despite his occasional efforts to brush it off when some caught his eye. He sighed, finally seeming to give up, when he rounded the corner and came upon the trio.

"Mina-san," he said politely, offering each a bow while standing back a few paces so as not to physically enter the space the Kakita and Shiba seemed to be dominating.

Suteichi frustration level now went through the roof.

Just where in seven Jigokus did you come from?!

"Shosuro-sama." his greeting was flat followed by a bow.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:59 am

"Bayushi-san, what is this?" he asked softly, tilting his head towards the commotion with traces of concern coloring his voice. His hand slipped inside his sleeve and withdrew a fan, which he spread open with the faint sound of wood scraping against wood.

"Is everything alright?"
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:11 am

Shosuro Yawarakai wrote:"Bayushi-san, what is this?" he asked softly, tilting his head towards the commotion with traces of concern coloring his voice. His hand slipped inside his sleeve and withdrew a fan, which he spread open with the faint sound of wood scraping against wood.

"Is everything alright?"

"I wish I could say things are but I do not believe so. This is something that has been brewing for some time between these two." he whispered to the Shosuro.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

".... should I go send for a magistrate? History or no, there are things that should be heard and witnessed by one, neh?" the Shosuro answered back in a low voice that was not quite a whisper.
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:25 am

"No. I do not believe that this will escalate further."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:34 am

Yawarakai lifted his free hand to rest against the side of his neck for a moment before sighing. He lightly fanned himself then nodded.

"As you say then. You certainly seem to know them better. Arigato."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:42 am

"To be perfectly honest Shosuro-sama, I do not know them and for that matter, I really do not know much about anything anymore." there was a hint of frustration and irritation in his tone which is not like Suteichi at all.

Suteichi bowed and left.

/exit Suteichi
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:32 am

Kakita Jinosoku wrote:"Your brother stepped into a strike intended to merely slice the mon from his sleeve." Jinosoku turns his hand palm-side up and holds it above his sword's hilt, as if offering him a gift. "If you wish to challenge the ruling of the Academy or question my intentions, you are welcome to issue a formal challenge. If not, I counsel you to watch your words."

Kaizen noted the arrival of a Scorpion he did not know, yet finished his piece, "Only a fool would challenge the Academy's ruling on the Topaz Championship as it is their domain. Besides,to offer up such a challenge would require appropriate representation. You do not qualify. As for your intentions this conversation with the Governor will be most interesting indeed." Kaizen had intended to leave to speak with Suteichi, but as the Bayushi had left Kaizen turned to the other Scorpion and bowed, "Shosuro-sama, I do not believe we have met I am Shiba Kaizen." It was apparent that Jinosoku could either talk to Kaizen's back or leave, either way the Shiba was done with that conversation.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Kakita Jinosoku on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Jinosoku nods to the newly arrived Scorpion and continues along his way down the street, evidently just as finished with the conversation as Kaizen.
Crane Clan • Bushi • Terrible Duelist • Emo

Kakita Jinosoku

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:56 pm

"I do not think so either, but it's no matter. We're rectifying that now, neh? My name is Shosuro Yawarakai," he said, echoing the Phoenix's bow, "I'm glad to have met you.... it seems as though we both had broken dogs. Or at the very least, mine was. It didn't seem very interested in listening to me and it's behavior was somewhat recalcitrant all day. But what can you do? I've never had one before, so I suppose you call it a learning experience neh?"
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:45 pm

"Hai, it was an interesting event. I had thought the dog well prepared, but apparently he had other ideas. As with all things there is always a lesson to be had." Kaizen was not sure what Yawarakai wanted. That he had apparently driven off Bayushi-san made him somewhat wary.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:14 pm

"Don't play with strange dogs, don't force march yourself across the Empire for the first time in a hurry, don't overindulge on strange foods... there's quite a bit, neh? Though this isn't your first time away from home, is it? I.... I envy you that. I had what one might call a 'cloistered' upbringing, I suppose..." he continued softly.

"There's always other ideas."
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 am

"Hai, I have traveled quite a bit I have visited the lands of the Crane, Lion, Dragon, and now the Unicorn. As you are here now, perhaps that is a change that will be more to your liking rather than a temporary moment? Were you to join the Unicorn and assist the Ide Family it would seem travel would be frequent indeed. Unless Shosuro-sama or his lord have other plans?" Kaizen responded wondering as to this Scorpion's chattiness, it was odd for one to be so open even those who were friendly rarely spoke about such matters. Always the mask was more than symbolic, perhaps this mask was more sophisticated?
Shiba Kaizen

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village