[D4 EE] Shelter In Place

Re: [D4 EE] Shelter In Place

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:18 pm

"I only wish to learn what is true," Saksaha reassures him. "But this is very alarming, Seppun-san. A sickness? We Iuchi have shared tales for centuries about this land where the elements are alive and speak. It is not good to learn that just as we return, something is... wrong with them." She frowns worriedly.

"My cousin Iuchi Dong-Ha plans some experiment with a shugenja of the Phoenix, to see how or whether the spirits are commanded when we use our charms," she adds.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 am

"I wish I could give you and your kin more information on this Iuchi-san. I would suggest that you report to your superior, and ask them to converse with those who are more likely to know more; the Jade champion, or perhaps the elemental Masters" Hideo bowed apologetically "I would be interested to see or hear of these experiments. Do you know when they intend to be performing these?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:15 pm

"I will. There are many things which you shugenja all know which are new to the Iuchi, it seems," Saksaha adds, a touch ruefully.

"I do not know when Dong-Ha-san plans his test. He only mentioned it to me yesterday. But if I learn something more of how it turns out, and if he does not mind, maybe I can tell you how it goes on."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:25 pm

"But there is also plenty you and your kin know that we do not, such as information on magics from outside the empire" Hideo countered with a smile "I would certainly wish to learn more about that."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:24 pm

"Mmm." She nods agreement. "Much strange, some terrible. Our ancestors have tales of sorcerers who chained the power of wicked jinns and cut out their own hearts so they could not die, or others who hid from the sun and whose very skin was magic..."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Hideo blinked. "These sound...very troubling. And a problem for the Empire, if they ever found their way here. The concept of being unable to die by..." he shook his head "if such beings exist, would they not have already taken over much of the lands beyond Rokugan? It is hard to defeat something that cannot die."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:22 pm

"Like many strong magics, it comes at a price," Saksaha says with a grim little shrug. "A man with no heart has no check on his sinful impulses. It is said such sorcerers were easily made vengeful and driven mad. They could never ally for long, but were always rivals, or must try to enslave one another. Also, to take out the heart was supposed to bring terrible dangers. Many did not survive the ritual, and once it was done then anyone who possessed his heart could command the sorcerer, because destroying this heart would kill him."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon May 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Hideo nodded, understanding. "With great power...neh? I am surprised that such things have never made their way down here though. Surely they could..." He stopped himself, shaking his head "no, such thoughts are not worth considering. Thank you very much for your information Iuchi-san. I would certainly welcome more discussions about these magics from beyond the empire, perhaps we could meet for tea in less...stable areas?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 1:51 am

Saksaha laughs. "And in better conditions, maybe?" She shoots a glance at the door of the stable-tent, where rainwater is pooling as the rain continues to pound outside. "I thought this might stop soon, but now I think I was wrong."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue May 02, 2017 4:21 am

"I would certainly not complain if I was stuck here for a long while in such lovely company" Hideo smiled as he looked out of the door "however if this rain were to continue all night, I imagine it might be an awkward situation to remain here all night together. Perhaps we should consider making a run for it?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 02, 2017 5:12 pm

"I am willing to try. I would not have the camp talk say I spent the night in a stall. Even though I am sure Seppun-san's honor would not be questioned, it is not very dignified." She smiles wryly and stands up, shaking out her skirts.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 am

"It would not be" Hideo agreed with her statement, looking at the rain for a few more moments before offering his umbrella to her. "It won't keep you as dry as it should, but this will help a little if you wish to borrow it."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 03, 2017 8:19 pm

"Ah, no, I cannot take your umbrella. All this will dry." Saksaha gestures vaguely at her clothing, privately thinking that Hideo's nice silks look all too likely to be ruined by a good soaking. "And I am not used to wielding one, so it would bring me little advantage. It is like giving a scimitar to a scholar." She grins.

Iuchi Saksaha

Previous

Return to The Stables