... into the sunset? (Day 11, EE)

Re: ... into the sunset? (Day 11, EE)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu May 11, 2017 3:56 am

"I don't think being picked first among all the Unicorn women here counts as waiting Iuchi-san." He teased, accepting the change of topic gracefully. "I at least had to wait for Togashi-san and Doji-san to choose to know my fate." Even that thoguh was better then some.

"I do wonder about some that were chosen, the last few picked mostly. Did they even know those that chose them/ Or were they perhaps selected because they were the only one's left?" It didn't sound like a happy ending, and he didn't want to consider it, but there was a chance of it.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu May 11, 2017 7:24 pm

"That is good luck only," she counters with a quick grin. "The first man was also the right man. If those Scorpion and Imperial princelings took the first place I would have been waiting longer." Saksaha sobers a bit and admits, "I do not know about the last few. At least some of them met before. Moto Khulun and that Soshi Yuuru did, I know. I met most of the last ones to choose before, and they are not bad men and women." She'd have been content enough to wed Isawa Nonin if there were no such person as Udo, she thinks; and with Yuuru she could have made things work despite his (to her mind) silliness... "But I am happy that you and I had better luck," she concludes with a smile. "My happiness is not less because I worry a little for others. But I am glad not to worry for you, my friend."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 12, 2017 2:36 am

"I suppose you are right there,we were both lucky, in the case one of those won, I might just find myself with another wife." Imane was a desirable woman after all, and not only because of her looks. It wouldn't of been impossible for one of those men to pick her.

"I'm glad to not have to worry for you as well, Iuchi-san." He smiled warmly. "You're a friend, and I admit I considered you as a possible spouse, though with how the both of us preformed in these tests, I knew that would be impossible."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 12, 2017 3:29 am

"Yes," Saksaha says, lips quirking even though her eyes grow a bit softer. "In another life, maybe."

It's a thought that had crossed her mind as well, but, more or less as she'd confided to Daisuke on that rainy night, now that the choices are all made she had rather look forward to the life fate has laid out for her than backward at fancies of what else might have been.

"In this life things are the way the Fortunes made them to be, and this is good also." One small hand comes up to touch the collection of charms and trinkets hanging at her breast. "I will tell the priests of my family to make an especially good blessing for your wedding, and when I come back down from those mountains to visit my family I will call on you and your wife too."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 12, 2017 4:06 am

"Perhaps." He agreed with a small nod.

Daisuke hadn't brought it up because he was looking backwards though, he just wished to say it out loud, it brought closure, at least for him. "I would like that, and I believe Imane will as well."

"You'll have to write me about your children as well, if you don't bring them with you. "My wife and I won't be starting our own family for at least half a decade after all, and hearing from you may help me learn a little."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri May 12, 2017 7:02 pm

"Of course," she says, and flashes another quick smile. "My son or daughter should learn to ride on these plains, when I have one. Maybe by then you will be an Otaku husband long enough to give lessons," she adds with a giggle. "This will be good practice for you."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat May 13, 2017 2:59 am

"I'd hope so." He didn't want to be falling off horses forever. "I'm told I need to get a horse first though, which may take a bit of time, I'll likely need Imane's help as well. I have no idea what the differences are between a good horse and a bad horse." He only knew there was a difference because people mentioned it.

"I would love to give lessons though, as you said it would help me."

Ichiro Daisuke

Previous

Return to The Stables